The Student Room Group

King's College London - 4 year (GEP) Denistry 2012

Hey just wondering who has applied to the 4 year GEP Dentistry course at KCL and whether you've heard anything.

It'd be great to know what your UKCAT was if you have heard back, I'm unsure as to how much emphasis they place on the apititude test when selecting applications for interview etc.
Reply 1
Bump.
Reply 2
Pretty awkward when you can not spell dentistry.
Reply 3
Let's hope this course doesn't get withdrawn. :frown: It's my favourite choice. :love:
Reply 4
The course is unlikely to be withdrawn, they may just offer it with a disclaimer!
Reply 5
The course at Barts got withdrawn. I even got the interview letter from them. Then immediately after they were like "SORRY MY BAD". Ultimate troll.
Any news?
Original post by cb1501
Pretty awkward when you can not spell dentistry.

Yeah let's hope you spelt it right in your PS
Reply 8
Original post by turkish-delight
Any news?

Have you any news. If u r really not getting the info you want give the admissions time a call they r are very helpful as most people have found out.
Original post by UR4
Have you any news. If u r really not getting the info you want give the admissions time a call they r are very helpful as most people have found out.

I rang them on Monday, they said we should hear by the end of the week by the latest (20/01/12), still no news. Have you heard back for the 4 year course? I don't want to keep mithering them by ringing, just thought it'd be easier to ask on here to see if anyone has actually heard back for the GEP course.
can you guys who applied for 2012 entry post your stats cuz am applying for 2013 entry and just want a idea of what i should be looking for
Reply 11
BSc Medical Biochemistry - 2.1

A level
Chem - B
Bio - B
Environmental Science - B

GCSE
A*AAAAABBBC

1 week experience at a general dental practice
1 week experience at orthodontic clinic
Volunteered at hospital just talking to elderly patients.

The experience is basically to supplement your personal statement. Make sure you put it on the statement in a way which makes it sound like you got the best out of the work experience. At the end of the day the interviewers aren't gonna know what you did at the experience unless you put it down on paper for them. Oh yeah make sure you can talk to them about it at the interview if you do get one.
Reply 12
Original post by konanakon
BSc Medical Biochemistry - 2.1

A level
Chem - B
Bio - B
Environmental Science - B

GCSE
A*AAAAABBBC

1 week experience at a general dental practice
1 week experience at orthodontic clinic
Volunteered at hospital just talking to elderly patients.

The experience is basically to supplement your personal statement. Make sure you put it on the statement in a way which makes it sound like you got the best out of the work experience. At the end of the day the interviewers aren't gonna know what you did at the experience unless you put it down on paper for them. Oh yeah make sure you can talk to them about it at the interview if you do get one.

Thanks that's useful, what extra-curricular did you have?
Reply 13
Well I was student president of the eco-council at my college and during uni I was part of the British Oriental Society. Those aren't really that big a deal but you want to milk anything you've done which may suggest you've been in a position of leadership.

Other than that I'm just a bum and play video games.
Reply 14
Are the interviews intense? How was your experience?
Reply 15
Any KCL firmers? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest