The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Illustration BA Brighton?

Anyone applying to Illustration BA at Brighton?
Reply 1
Hi

Yeah i am! Have you heard anything from them yet? I only sent my ucas off on the 12th Jan
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah I am! A bit miffed that the deadline is coming up fast. I'm curious about the interview process because I'm from Canada, I wonder how they will get a chance to talk to me? Don't know what they will ask. lol
I have sUbmitted my online portfolio on 16 of February and since then didn't hear anything from them.
Reply 4
Original post by Julia"Bright
I have sUbmitted my online portfolio on 16 of February and since then didn't hear anything from them.

Did you submit it through flickr? Sometimes you can tell if they've seen your work when your page hit counts goes up. :biggrin: It's kinda fun to see what they're looking at.

I didn't get an answer yet but I think they'll start interviewing soon next week. That's what I've been told.
Reply 5
I've also submitted my flickr portfolio to them a while ago but still haven't heard anything, a little worried :P Everywhere else have already replied but Brighton is my first choice.
Reply 6
Original post by Amylou19
I've also submitted my flickr portfolio to them a while ago but still haven't heard anything, a little worried :P Everywhere else have already replied but Brighton is my first choice.

I think it could be a first come first serve kinda thing. If you applied early, I imagine you'd get the first response. According the guideline, it could take them a month before they tell you if you're in or not. Nerve wrecking, I know but everyone has to be patient.
Reply 7
Yeah maybe that is the case, since i only submitted mine like the day before the deadline. Ill be so gutted if i don't even get an interview. Where have you all applied for apart from Brighton?
Reply 8
Original post by Amylou19
Yeah maybe that is the case, since i only submitted mine like the day before the deadline. Ill be so gutted if i don't even get an interview. Where have you all applied for apart from Brighton?

I also submitted mine late only because the communications between me and my tutor were totally messed up. Apparently I didn't receive the letter from the school that outlined portfolio instructions and deadlines. For this reason I got an extension so I feel lucky! but I wouldn't be surprised if they take ages to respond, that's just how it is. Program coordinators will take their sweet time.

I applied to University of the arts actually and I got an offer at CCW for foundations. I intended to get a BA in Illustration visual media but I guess foundation courses in Canada are really no help to going abroad with. lol
Reply 9
They wanted my e-portfolio on the 10th feb, I was so happy to hear from them. I sent it off around 7pm on the 10th because there was miscommunication between me and my photographer because he had been off ill 3 days prior so he didn't take the photos of my work until the day I had to send it off. I had really bad luck though because it was snowing on and off at the time and the photographer who was meant to be in on the morning of the 10th couldnt had trouble getting in because of it. So he didn't get in until 2pm!I was panicking. I was so upset. Eventually we got the pictures taken and I sorted all the flickr stuff out and sent it! You could imagine how stressed I was though! I was so happy when they asked for the e-portfolio, if only I knew how gruelling the waiting would be xD

One question I wanted to ask you guys is how many pieces of work did you send off cause they asked for 15- 20 ??
I sent 19

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending