The Student Room Group

K

Scroll to see replies

I'd call up the Israeli's for advice on how to deal with it.
Original post by thisisnew

Yeah I don't think Krav Maga is gonna help us here... Nice idea though.
Make a thread on TSR blaming the muslims ofcourse
Reply 23
Well if it's regular I suppose I'd :rolleyes: and say 'not another'
Maybe I'm missing something, but these don't sound like good terrorists at all.

Why would you shoot people near where you've set a nuke off? Let alone sending any men there.

Personally I wouldn't move. This isn't be an armed invasion scenario, so where I am now I'd consider fairly safe.
Reply 25
I like up North in an small urban area, I would probably be fine if everything went tits up at the Olympics. Probably just make sure I had enough provisions and booze to last me a while.
Reply 26
Original post by Alofleicester
"Satan, you owe me!"

Erm, **** knows - probably drink myself through the end while listening to metal - let's go out doing something I love.

Yeah, I'd probably do this too. Or have sex.
Reply 27
Original post by marcusfox
If you see a mushroom cloud on the horizon, that for sure is an immediate threat to you, given that the mushroom cloud is a signature of a nuclear detonation.

A mushroom cloud develops from various kinds of large explosion, not necessarily a nuclear detonation. So next time you see one, you know, relax and stuff, because you may not die or be horribly disfigured.
Original post by mimx
A mushroom cloud develops from various kinds of large explosion, not necessarily a nuclear detonation. So next time you see one, you know, relax and stuff, because you may not die or be horribly disfigured.

I know this.

But I think the OP is clearly alluding to a terrorist nuclear event here. Otherwise why would he say "How would you react if you saw a mushroom cloud..."

You would be able to tell the difference between conventional and nuclear given the size of the mushroom cloud anyway, or whether or not there were any volcanoes in the vicinity.
Rise up from the ashes as the undisputed dictator of Earth.
Original post by The_Last_Melon
Just wondering how you would all respond. Imagine while you're watching the Olympics you hear and see gunfire on the television and you lose the TV signal. Then you feel the ground shake and look out the window to see a big mushroom cloud on the horizon (but you deduce that it's not an immediate threat to you).

Wireless is down and TV and radio signals are scrambled. Occasional bouts of gunfire in the distance which might be approaching you.

What would your next course of action be?

Probs change my underpants. :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Look at the riots. That was a situation where people were rioting/looting for fun..

Now imagine a situation where thousands of people are REALLY hungry and out to fight + kill. Are you ready is the question?
Reply 32
I would, my friend, panic.
Reply 33
Run to the hills.
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
Er, not quite.

If the title had been 'how will you react when the UK becomes target of regular and intense acts of terror?' that would be more indicative of a presumption that the putative increase of terror would indeed transpire.

and demonstrates an ignorance of recent history, the past 10 years has actually seen a reduced level of terrorist threat in the Uk vs the 1970s and 1980s when PIRA and other Irish republican proscribed groups were active and regularly killing UK civilians and service families as well as service personnel .
Original post by thisisnew

the UK has written the book when it comes to asymetric warfare in the blood of British and Irish men , women and children killed by the Republican movement and the policing responses to their actions.
Probably vote for an extreme party :frown: not a nice thought, but if it's a choice between keeping neighbours and saving my children (when I have) then its a choice you have to consider... I'm waiting for negs.
Erm, join the army to help defeat the foreign threat so that we can keep our foreign settlers (if the threat is mostly overseas).
If its insanely bad then move abroad and never return.
I woulddddddd wear a shirt with a slogan of some sort that says, "I'M MUSLIM. DO NOT SHOOT".

Nah,

I'd panic, maybe go into hiding, find a saddam hussein ditch.
Reply 38
Original post by zippyRN
and demonstrates an ignorance of recent history, the past 10 years has actually seen a reduced level of terrorist threat in the Uk vs the 1970s and 1980s when PIRA and other Irish republican proscribed groups were active and regularly killing UK civilians and service families as well as service personnel .

It's total ignorance is what it is.

In a couple of months it will have been 30 years since the Hyde Park and Regents Park bombs. Maybe it's the mass media - but had that, or indeed the murder of Lord Mountbatten happened today, I think the hysteria would be outrageous. Certainly, if terrorists murdered the Queen's cousin today, it would be bedlam.
Reply 39
Original post by Steevee
Turn on the radio and TV, load up my crossbow, maybe take a quick trip to a couple of people's houses I know, especially the guy with the HAM Radio. Find out what is going on.

If it looks like societal breakdown is a possibility, intiate plan. Otherwise, 'Dang son' and sign up to whatever armed force is going to kick the ever loving ****e out of whoever perpetrated the attack.

Quick Reply