The Student Room Group

People doing GCSE's

Right seriously every since I came on this forum I've seen people sweating it out over the education they receive, and yes at A-level it's fine to do past papers and scour the internet for help but seriously the amount of posts I read about people sweating it out over GCSE's is silly.

1) They're extremely easy that any one with a work ethic in class can get an A*

2) They are only a ticket to get into sixth form/ college. There are maybe about 5 universities that actually care about your GCSE's beyond the standard of 5 A-c grades including maths and English.

It's so surprising to see people revising for them because no one at my school did yet we all got A*'s A's and B's.

so basically my message to year10's/11's is: chill out 90% of you won't want to do medicine or dentistry by the time you apply for uni.
And 90% of you won't even apply for an institution that cares about them so GCSE's wont even matter.
Reply 1
So you're basically telling people on here not to work as hard as they've been working?
Did you go to a fee paying school?
Obvious troll is obvious.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks for you wise words.
Bad work ethic at GCSE sets you up for a bad work ethic at A level, which does matter.
Original post by burgerrr
So you're basically telling people on here not to work as hard as they've been working?

I'm telling people to calm down as the exams they will be sitting are not hard yet students on here act like they're sitting final uni exams or something.
Reply 7
WOW... you have enlightened us!
:eek:
Reply 8
Original post by kingkongjaffa
I'm telling people to calm down as the exams they will be sitting are not hard yet students on here act like they're sitting final uni exams or something.

Well all i say is good for them if they're willing to work hard now, shows a good work ethic in my opinion.
Alright, i think people doing 8 hours a day is silly, but it does me no harm, and you never know if they are exaggerating it in the first place.

Quick Reply