The Student Room Group

Biology/ biological sciences applicants for 2013 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by freakedout
Same I dont know yet if I will want to do a masters after undergrad... yet. The whole biology is not quantative at all thing scares me. I like Math. I want to do atleast some modules in it -_-

Trust me, you won't be leaving maths behind, because it's so hard to quantify they come up with ridiculous formulas to cope. Say hello to three years that'll teach you to hate statistics.
Reply 861
hi, really quick question about the open day at ucl if anyone's been to one
what did people wear? is it really formal (so suits) or just casual? my email said i had an offer but a condition of that was i attended the open day, so i don't have an assessment or anything.
please help - it's tomorrow!
Original post by oddsox
Trust me, you won't be leaving maths behind, because it's so hard to quantify they come up with ridiculous formulas to cope. Say hello to three years that'll teach you to hate statistics.

I love you. Honest.
Original post by stavyros
oh and you can always beg to take other modules and they will probably let you .

... they do that?:eek:
I'm confused because it says I have a conditional offer of ABB for Leeds when my predicted grades are BBB
I thought they would either reject me or give me my slightly lower grade with the access scheme :s-smilie:
Original post by cyan kat
I'm confused because it says I have a conditional offer of ABB for Leeds when my predicted grades are BBB
I thought they would either reject me or give me my slightly lower grade with the access scheme :s-smilie:

It means if you firm it, then you have to get ABB on results day.
Reply 866
Has Edinburgh University started sending out offers for Medical Biology??
Reply 867
Original post by freakedout
... they do that?:eek:

sometimes, but you really have to beg( in your last year only 75% has to be bio). You could also attend the maths lectures although it wont count towards your degree.
My dream uni is the only one I'm waiting on now. Checking Track like mad, even though it's only two weeks today since my app went off :frown:
Reply 869
Come on QUB :cry2:
Reply 870
Original post by Where'sPerry?
My dream uni is the only one I'm waiting on now. Checking Track like mad, even though it's only two weeks today since my app went off :frown:

which uni is it?
Reply 871
Is Biology and Biological Sciences the same?
Original post by aneeta=)
Is Biology and Biological Sciences the same?

It depends, some biological science courses have the same course code and course structure of general biology, but others are more medical based so you need to check the structures.
Reply 873
Hi everyone, I've just received my second offer for biology, so exciting!
Just got an offer from Warwick. Super relieved.
Original post by HeavyTeddy

congrats :smile:
I've got 4/5 of my offers, just waiting on Reading now but I'm sure most of the courses I applied to weren't as competitive as everyone else's and I hope everyone gets their first choice.
I'm amazed that Leeds has given me an offer so fast because I don't even meet what they're asking, but it certainly gives me motivation to try get an A :smile:
I'm going to be upset if I don't get in because Leeds is my top choice...
Reply 877
Original post by ll-ydia
Hi everyone, I've just received my second offer for biology, so exciting!

Congrats!
from where ?
i got my offer from sussex today and UEA a week ago .
hey guys! I'm in quite a dilemma
I've gotten offers for Edinburgh, York and Bristol for microbiology/immunology, but unsure which one to choose! all of them seem really good and I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 879
Original post by HeavyTeddy

whoop same here! where else did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest