The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Unregistered234
Hey guys,

I just wondered if you lot knew which medical school was the easiest to get into out of the new ones? I need it as sort of a backup plan.

Thanks a lot

J

Sorry 2 break 2 u luv!!! But they're all difficult 2 get into!!!!

Medicine is 1 of the hardest and most competitive degree course 2 get into. So if you think you want it easy doing medicine you're wrong. The LOWEST medicine offers is ABB, and thats eqv. to someone who wants to get into uni doing sumink like chemistry highest offer!

So if your serious about being a doctor, you better start working hard now.....its not EASY

So dont have a back up plan apply to thoise which you are capable!!!!

PS I know all this and I don't even want to do medicine!
Unregistered234
Hey guys,

I just wondered if you lot knew which medical school was the easiest to get into out of the new ones? I need it as sort of a backup plan.

Thanks a lot

J

The 4 school with the lowest AL average for med for 2001/02 entry are:

The University of Sheffield 27.1
Queen Mary and Westfield College 26.4
The University of Leeds 26.3
The University of Aberdeen 26.1

This is the most recently available data and doesn't include the new medical schools such as Peninsular, leicester-warick, sussex-brighton, hull-york and the UEA.
Reply 3
I think its important to note that grades are not the only indicator when you are being considered. Yes every course wants an element of xtra-curricular activities but in medicine your personal statement and interviews are very important.
Reply 4
There's the Access to Medicine course at King's College, which is for those who didn't get the grades that they should have or did A-Levels but not in the ones required. Have a look at it.
Reply 5
Forgot to add, it's basically the same as the normal 5-year A100 course as you attend the same lectures. However, the Access to Medcine course is spread over 6-years instead so if you don't mind spending an extra year and don't think you will get ABB, then you should think about it.
Reply 6
Hi,
I'm the dude who started the post. I am predicted AAB anyways..just some gal in my year got AAAA and no medicine offers :-o According to her friends, she was not given an offer because she was far too reserved and shy at interview. I have LOADS of work experience, voluntary work, extra-curricular activities and a strong personal statement. . Its just that uncertainty creeping in again. I mean sometimes even the best are rejected.

Take Care y'all

J
Unregistered246
Hi,
I'm the dude who started the post. I am predicted AAB anyways..just some gal in my year got AAAA and no medicine offers :-o According to her friends, she was not given an offer because she was far too reserved and shy at interview. I have LOADS of work experience, voluntary work, extra-curricular activities and a strong personal statement. . Its just that uncertainty creeping in again. I mean sometimes even the best are rejected.

Take Care y'all

J

yeh...from oxbridge. They always kick upa hell and all fuss about it, but never mention that they have offers from other perfectly good universities.

Jamie

Latest

Trending

Trending