Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Count me in too :smile:

It'll be fun to put faces/names to avatars :p:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
Hows about a few pints down at the rocket sometime next friday or so?
Or is that too early for most? Maybe next sunday?
Reply 22
I don't mind, anytime will suit me, except Thursday actually I think there's an SSEES freshers boat ride that night, but Friday/Saturday would be grand.
It'll be weird meeting at first though. At least my username is my actual name, I don't have to introduce myself as crackingod or fishfinger sandwich :rofl:
Reply 23
paddy
I don't mind, anytime will suit me, except Thursday actually I think there's an SSEES freshers boat ride that night, but Friday/Saturday would be grand.
It'll be weird meeting at first though. At least my username is my actual name, I don't have to introduce myself as crackingod or fishfinger sandwich :rofl:

:eek: :eek: :eek: You get to go on a boat ride???? :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 24
Lolly-88

Short answer is yeah. Long answer is hell yeah!!:biggrin:

shhhh i can sneak you on just pretend to study polish
Lolly-88

Heheh... you don't want to hear about all the fun stuff the lawyers get to do then :wink:
When you meet up how do you know who's who? I mean if you're meeting at the main quad do we all just stand around there eyeing up people wondering wether they've come to meet up or if they're just there anyway. It could potentially be very awkward and embarrassing!
Reply 27
Hmm yeah

I'm going to The Court next sunday while Man Utd Chelsea is on, so if anyone shouts TSR, I'll know who you are :p:
Reply 28
Onearmedbandit
Heheh... you don't want to hear about all the fun stuff the lawyers get to do then :wink:

I've heard about the law events...the lawyers have been bragging about it enough. ;dry;

I might gatecrash King's freshers week it sounds so much better...i'm jealous. I just want to go on a boat! :frown:

miss_world
When you meet up how do you know who's who? I mean if you're meeting at the main quad do we all just stand around there eyeing up people wondering wether they've come to meet up or if they're just there anyway. It could potentially be very awkward and embarrassing!

You could carry a huge placard saying TSR. You could wear name badges. Or everyone could just post their pic so you know whose who??? Or you could all agree to come dressed in blue or something. or pink or yellow. :rolleyes:
simdam
heeey guys.. why is everyone saying it will b so wierd.. who cares. lol.. we're all in the same boat. ive been very active on facebook, getting to know the people ill b living with and also the people who are doing my course.
im arriving on the 18th for ISOP, and we're some people planning to meet up.
im just gonnab myself, try to b very open and socialble.
but i wud b up for a drink too... i find some of the club events a bit expensive, altho i don't mind going to clubs, but nothing beats a good night out in a pub, having the best drunk conversations in the world :biggrin:.

So true.
Reply 30
Next Friday sound fine to me.

paddy
you don't want to hear about all the fun stuff the lawyers get to do then

lucky you :wink: We mainly have a welcome meeting, library tour, some lecture- it doesn't look fun at all.
Reply 31
pure_joy
Next Friday sound fine to me.

lucky you :wink: We mainly have a welcome meeting, library tour, some lecture- it doesn't look fun at all.

:ditto: I think we drew the short straws
Reply 32
crackingod
So would Saturday 29th suit everyone?

Would main quad be a good meeting point otherwise we can just find somewhere else?

Also any idea of a good place to go? I have to admit Rocket is very boring (and in a crap place :tongue:)

Covent garden...or just the general West end area....it's lush! ;yes;
Reply 33
Hmm... I might tag along with this, an opportunity to meet people who aren't just going to be in my halls/lectures..
Saturday would be fine by me.
Reply 34
Include me as well! I'm on your course as well at SSEES!
Reply 35
Oh the enrolment thing for SSEES history students? Yeah I would probably see you there..... there are apparantly only 40 of us anyway! Did you bother with the vacations reading list?

I'm not sure about the communist thing yet.... what is it? (I can't open facebook at the moment!). But I would be at boat party and pub crawl though!
Reply 36
SSEES high five :five:
Oh and there's no way I'm giving you all my first name:mad:
Oh wait...
Reply 37
paddy
SSEES high five :five:
Oh and there's no way I'm giving you all my first name:mad:
Oh wait...

LOL :biggrin:
Reply 38
I'm out, Match of the Day is on on Saturdays
Reply 39
The update sounds good :biggrin:
Lets get a list of pubs though (maybe you want to post it up?)
Off the top of my head, we've got The Rocket, The Court, The Jeremy Bentham, The Northumberland Arms, Potion, The Mortimer Arms, The Roxy (ofc...), Grafton Arms...

Latest

Trending

Trending