The Student Room Group

D&D Theology's "Ask About Hinduism" Thread

Scroll to see replies

Suave
Didn't I just address this? :confused:

You just said Lord Krishna is an avatar (I presume this means incarnation?) of Lord Vishnu, but I am pretty sure I was told the opposite.
Reply 61
prospectivEEconomist
You just said Lord Krishna is an avatar (I presume this means incarnation?) of Lord Vishnu, but I am pretty sure I was told the opposite.

No no, Lord Krishna is an avatar/incarnation of Lord Vishnu. They are the same, it's just that Krishna was on Earth hence he is the incarnation.
Reply 62
prospectivEEconomist

Yes, Avatar is incarnation. Lord Krishna is Lord Vishnu's avatar.

See this site for the avatars and further information: http://www.hindunet.org/avatars/
Suave
No no, Lord Krishna is an avatar/incarnation of Lord Vishnu. They are the same, it's just that Krishna was on Earth hence he is the incarnation.

Ahh, ok. Does it explicitly say in the religious book that Lord Krishna is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, or does one just assume that Lord Krishna was the incarnation as he existed on Earth.
Reply 64
prospectivEEconomist
Ahh, ok. Does it explicitly say in the religious book that Lord Krishna is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, or does one just assume that Lord Krishna was the incarnation as he existed on Earth.

Well...remember as I said that in an absolute sense Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva, Brahma etc are all One. I think it states in the Vishnu Purana and the Srimad Bhagavatam that Krishna is an incarnation of Vishnu but I don't distinguish between Vishnu and Shiva in the ultimate sense. Vishnu is seen as the preserver, so in that sense Krishna came to preserve Dharma and can be said to be an incarnation of Vishnu. There are these slokas in the Gita:

"Of the Adityas I am Visnu, of lights I am the radiant sun..." Bhagavad Gita, 10.21

"Of all the Rudras I am Lord Siva; of the Yaksas and Raksasas I am the Lord of wealth [Kuvera]; of the Vasus I am fire [Agni], and of mountains I am Meru." BG, 10.23
Reply 65
whats the monkey gods name?
Reply 66
BSJ
whats the monkey gods name?

Hanumanji.
Reply 67
Suave
Hanumanji.

You seem to know alot about Hinduism Suave?

Are you part of Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh or Rastriya Swayamsevak Sangh?
Reply 68
Amit92
You seem to know alot about Hinduism Suave?

Are you part of Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh or Rastriya Swayamsevak Sangh?

I am part of the HSS yes. You know them?
Reply 69
Suave
I am part of the HSS yes. You know them?

I am part of HSS aswell LOL, What Nagar you from, where is your Shakha located? How old are you btw?
Reply 70
Suave
You'll find that those Hindus don't understand a) the Vedas and b) the science of "idol worship".

And you do? - Lets see a verse stating that idol worship is encouraged.
Reply 71
lol I went to Shakha once.

I'm an agnostic now.
Reply 72
Amit92
I am part of HSS aswell LOL, What Nagar you from, where is your Shakha located? How old are you btw?

Nice, I'm from South Harrow Shakti Shakha but seeing as I go to uni in Bristol I don't go often anymore. I'm 20, you?
Reply 73
CHAMON
And you do? - Lets see a verse stating that idol worship is encouraged.

Yes I do. The burden of proof rests on you seeing as you made the claim, "The Vedas say not to worship idols". You show me that and you explain how it contradicts "idol worship" then we can talk.
Reply 74
Suave
Yes I do. The burden of proof rests on you seeing as you made the claim, "The Vedas say not to worship idols". You show me that and you explain how it contradicts "idol worship" then we can talk.

You're a member of the RSS, that says it all... :devil:
Reply 75
CHAMON
You're a member of the RSS, that says it all... :devil:

You're becoming more confused as time passes it seems. I'm a member of the HSS but what that has to do with you I have no idea.
Reply 76
Suave
Nice, I'm from South Harrow Shakti Shakha but seeing as I go to uni in Bristol I don't go often anymore. I'm 20, you?

Im from Ashton-under-Lyne, Ashton Arjun Shakha, The 10-day SSV camp for Sangh is near our Shakha this year we have the privilage of hosting it :biggrin:, if you have ever heard off it lol.
Reply 77
Suave
You're becoming more confused as time passes it seems. I'm a member of the HSS but what that has to do with you I have no idea.

Same thing.
Reply 78
CHAMON
Same thing.

Whats wrong with HSS, I just go there to learn about my culture and play games and my friends go Lol?
Reply 79
Amit92
Whats wrong with HSS, I just go there to learn about my culture and play games and my friends go Lol?

Gora Sikha Ho! Hum Hindu Hai! - What does that mean?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending