The Student Room Group

On guys: Very Slim (borderline skinny) vs. well built (muscular)?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amwazicles

I didn't want to embarrass you in case you didn't know :tongue:

I have genuinely never noticed the strange lack of eyebrows before :curious: He has quite a prominent forehead I guess, so I wonder if the shadow of that makes him look like he has more of an eyebrow than he does :tongue: And I agree, they're not quite as impressive :tongue:

Spoiler

So, where do you stand on the well-built/skinny debate? (seeing as we're still on this thread :tongue:)

Oh, definitely slim/skinny.
Am so myself, so anything muscular would make me feel ridiculously weak and puny.

EDIT:

Oh, honestly! I'm not a huge majority - there's nothing to worry about negger.
Appearance matters very little to me on the whole :yep:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Lily Academia
Am so myself, so anything muscular would make me feel ridiculously weak and puny.

Yeah I think that's partly my reasoning too :tongue: Plus the majority of guys my age are on the skinny side, which is good :tongue:
Original post by spiral87
Oh, ****. Meant to thumbs up your post, but my Alien hand syndrome clicked the thumbs down :frown:

:teehee: I'll forgive you :tongue:
I'm a chubby chaser. for whom there was no option.

:cry2:
Reply 44
Well built, all the way. Wouldn't want to be worried he'd break! And there is nigh on nothing that beats nice arms.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh, honestly! I'm not a huge majority - there's nothing to worry about negger.
Appearance matters very little to me on the whole :yep:
Original post by Jess Holly
Well built, all the way. Wouldn't want to be worried he'd break! And there is nigh on nothing that beats nice arms.

Spoiler

I find it almost impossible to choose between them to be honest :tongue: Both in terms of looks, and general character in the actual show too :tongue:

I find it almost impossible to choose between them to be honest :tongue: Both in terms of looks, and general character in the actual show too :tongue:

Both are brilliant actors; I really like the different characters they've brought to the role. In looks though, it's definitely Tennant. Probably because he has eyebrows?
Both are brilliant actors; I really like the different characters they've brought to the role. In looks though, it's definitely Tennant. Probably because he has eyebrows?

I agree, their characters are very different, but both excellent.

What are you, obsessed with eyebrows or something?! :teehee: I understand....

Spoiler

I agree, their characters are very different, but both excellent.

What are you, obsessed with eyebrows or something?! :teehee: I understand....

Spoiler

Not obsessed; I just think people ought to have them! :giggle:

(We're not being very relevant to this thread, are we?)

I see your point.

Possibly not :ninja: I shall depart, good day :hat2:
What's up with all these girls liking skinny boys?
a) horrible hungs :frown:
b) not being able to defend you if needed, or even carry you probably
c) "The act of sex, while encompassing any number of emotions, is an inherently physical act. If a girl is choosing a guy for a hot night of passion, what girl wouldn’t choose the beautiful sculpture of a man with abs of steel, rippling pecs and bulging biceps over the beer-bellied guy who looked like he could have posed for Picasso, with jiggling love handles and hair growing out of places never before thought possible?"
Original post by neverlander¾
c) "The act of sex, while encompassing any number of emotions, is an inherently physical act. If a girl is choosing a guy for a hot night of passion, what girl wouldn’t choose the beautiful sculpture of a man with abs of steel, rippling pecs and bulging biceps over the beer-bellied guy who looked like he could have posed for Picasso, with jiggling love handles and hair growing out of places never before thought possible?"

a) I like hugs from skinny guys
b) Why would I want him to defend or carry me? Hes not my servant
c) Because some of us dont find the look attractive
I prefer being well-built, I'd hate to be scrawny.
Reply 54
Number crunching: 33% of girls prefer slim/skinny guys compared to 30% of guys who prefer to be slim/skinny.
Reply 55

I'm not talking about stick-thin, I'm talking about very slim/borderline skinny. You can still be strong and very slim. Whilst very slim people are obviously less strong than a person of a rugby build, many very slim people are very physically fit.
Reply 56
Original post by greenwhale
you don't need to be at all muscular to have a 6 pack

it's actually more to do with being skinny.
Reply 57

a) Maybe you just haven't met any skinny people good at hugs :tongue:
b) Firstly skinnier people often have a higher muscle density than those who appear well built. Therefore they are proportionally stronger. Also martial arts tends to help for things like this
c) Source?

Yeah personally I'd rather be over-skinny than over-muscley. I've never been with anyone who had a problem with my weight (aside from one time when I lost near 8kg due to illness). I'm skinnier than I want, but I'd rather be that than too well built. Plus in the end interesting conversation tends to matter a lot more with those who I'm interested in so it's not a massive hit on my confidence. This said, I know many girls who like muscley guys, it's just a personal preference thing, like long/short hair.

EDIT: Negged for this? Really?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 58

reading your conversations has just lead to me google imagine "matt smith eyebrows" :K: I can't believe I've never noticed that before

Spoiler

Reply 59
Original post by boba
reading your conversations has just lead to me google imagine "matt smith eyebrows" :K: I can't believe I've never noticed that before

Spoiler

:giggle: I just did the same and didn't realise how hot Matt actually was!

Quick Reply

Latest