The Student Room Group

How to improve chemistry OCR A level exam technique

I've been really struggling with chemistry A level (salters ocr) recently in exams and it's frustrating me because I understand all the content in lessons ect but when it comes to exam papers I just don't seem to be able to pick up many marks :frown: the only thing that it seems it could be down to is my exam technique because I get everything else, I don't get all worked up about exams and I'm doing fine with my other subjects, if anyone can provide any tips on how to improve the help would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by TFarrow
I've been really struggling with chemistry A level (salters ocr) recently in exams and it's frustrating me because I understand all the content in lessons ect but when it comes to exam papers I just don't seem to be able to pick up many marks :frown: the only thing that it seems it could be down to is my exam technique because I get everything else, I don't get all worked up about exams and I'm doing fine with my other subjects, if anyone can provide any tips on how to improve the help would be much appreciated :smile:

Past Papers, past papers, past papers... over and over again until you get the grade you want.

I am doing OCR B Salters, but it is a similar course and the exam format is pretty much the same. Highly specific markschemes. I turned one of my AS papers from a D to an A by making sure I was doing past papers. Learn off the mark schemes and at the same time make sure you know your stuff inside out.

Hope that helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest