The Student Room Group

Higher Human Biology 2012 : How did it go ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by cks123
Would improved sanitation and introduction of vaccines be acceptable for the factors which caused a decrease in death rate ?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830

And yes, I'm pretty sure they're right
Reply 21
The death rate went down. This could be due to an improved diet, improved sanitation or advances in medicine.

The birth rate was greater than the death rate from stage 2 onwards.
Reply 22
Let's see the paper cuz' at first it appeared to increase to me, then when I had a second look, it decreased.

Probably should have worn my spectacles. :P
I've got my multiple choice answers but i obviously dont have the paper and i know not all of mine are correct?
Reply 24
Original post by rayore
Let's see the paper cuz' at first it appeared to increase to me, then when I had a second look, it decreased.

Probably should have worn my spectacles. :P

Both the overall population and the death rate were dashed lines, it was only one mark anyway
Reply 25
Original post by Lucy973
Both the overall population and the death rate were dashed lines, it was only one mark anyway

True :smile:
Reply 26
I thought it was quite hard :frown: I know I got most wrong on the page about the heart. I also thought there were 2 correct answers for the multiple choice question about errors and time etc :/
Original post by Susan1983
I thought it was quite hard :frown: I know I got most wrong on the page about the heart. I also thought there were 2 correct answers for the multiple choice question about errors and time etc :/

i thought it was hard too! what confused me about the heart diagram was that it was missing another set of valves and the blood vessels weren't attached to it! and also didn't know where to put the arrows!

anybody know what the name of the valves were?
Reply 28
Original post by Lucy973
Yeah I think it was :smile:

I put that the tongue could be used to show verbal communication... but I'm really not sure if that's right, it was a bit of a weird question

I put that all 4 were non-verbal signs, cos the tongue could be stuck out, eyebrows could be raised or frowned, hands for sign language, and i cant remember the other one??? Eyes? idk

I mucked up the carbon cycle essay :frown:
Reply 29
Original post by ClaireC409
i thought it was hard too! what confused me about the heart diagram was that it was missing another set of valves and the blood vessels weren't attached to it! and also didn't know where to put the arrows!

anybody know what the name of the valves were?

tricuspid? hopefully
Reply 30
Original post by alaba
tricuspid? hopefully

Bicuspid, tricuspid is on the other side.
Reply 31
Pretty sure it was the Bicuspid valve since it was on the left side of the heart
Reply 32
Original post by rayore
Bicuspid, tricuspid is on the other side.

oh, yeaaaaaahh :/ I always make stupid mistakes like that
yay to me for writing a valve that doesn't even exist!!!
Reply 34
Original post by Spec123
Pretty sure it was the Bicuspid valve since it was on the left side of the heart

Yes.
Reply 35
Please can someone post the questions and if possible the answers !!! Thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Reply 36
I have my multi
Reply 37
*multiple choice answers but I don't know how many are right
Original post by Rachirox1
*multiple choice answers but I don't know how many are right

can you put them up so i can compare?
Reply 39
think i'm wasting my time waiting for answers...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending