The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
mc_hamster
So just because you were right you had to be rude about it? I was actually reading the BBC page.

If you're going to participate in an argument at least get your facts right.

:smile:
I wasn't actually starting an argument with you idiot. If you look back at my post I wasn't rude at all.
That's all I'm saying about this matter.
Reply 22
mc_hamster
I wasn't actually starting an argument with you idiot. If you look back at my post I wasn't rude at all.
That's all I'm saying about this matter.

Good. Cya then.

On topic.. Bethnall Green in London was a pretty dire place. It was where my old halls were. A friend was mugged in freshers week by a gang of around 25 teenagers who used to patrol nearby streets at night. It was like a bid for escape trying to get to the tube stop before nightfall, and we never travelled alone.
To be honest I really didn't enjoy Hull the couple of times I've been.

However I think the two most awful places I can recall going to are Stoke-on-Trent and Crewe. Jesus. The former is a terrifying netherworld of delapidation and tedium, and the latter is all ****ing roundabouts! I swear to God we drove around Crewe for about six hours trying to find somewhere interesting to go - to no avail. Just roundabouts.
Hull is a ****hole.

Definatley one to avoid.
Reply 25
Journalistix
Are you stupid? Or blind?

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/best&worst/2006/worst.html

Hull is clearly not on this list. Which is 2006. Hull was on it last year at number one. The evidence that it is not on this years list clearly shows the city has improved out of the top ten.

Is it really that important? No need to bite mc_hamster's head off!

You're not Freddie Starr are you! :wink:
Reply 26
King Of Leon
Is it really that important? No need to bite mc_hamster's head off!

No it's not important but is it really that difficult to read a webpage and not quote wrong information repeatedly? If we're gonna spout any old rubbish there isn't much point in a discussion.

Who's freddy starr? I'm guessing he must be from Hull..
So if 'Channel 4' decide that X is the worst city in the country, that makes it fact?

Idiot.

Anyway, Hull is a complete and utter dump.
Well done for giving me a neg rep for stating my opinion. Little coward.
Reply 29
Richy_Boi
So if 'Channel 4' decide that X is the worst city in the country, that makes it fact?

Idiot.

Anyway, Hull is a complete and utter dump.

So you've said. What glittering, shining example of an East Yorkshire town are you from then?

Richy_Boi

I thought it'd look good next to your 9 warning levels.
Journalistix
So you've said. What glittering, shining example of an East Yorkshire town are you from then?

Take a guess, go on.

I thought it'd look good next to your 9 warning levels.

Oh dear, we've got an angry little one here.
Reply 31
Richy_Boi

I would've thought that looked angrier. :wink:
Journalistix
I would've thought that looked angrier. :wink:

:biggrin: I haven't yet needed to use profanities.

I take it you're from Hull then?
Reply 33
Richy_Boi
:biggrin: I haven't yet needed to use profanities.

I take it you're from Hull then?

Wow, what powers of deduction you Leeds uni students have...
Reply 34
There's a book entitled "Crap Towns" - Hull wins. I've been there and can confirm that it's a pretty smelly place.
Journalistix
Wow, what powers of deduction you Leeds uni students have...

Ah, resorting to angry child mode are we?

Mummy loves you really.

Ta ta.
Reply 36
Richy_Boi
Ah, resorting to angry child mode are we?

Mummy loves you really.

Ta ta.

O...k....
Stornoway in Scotland is so bleh, but paradoxically, it's the place to be on the Western Isles, because the rest of the island is usually dead.
Reply 38
Richy_Boi
Take a guess, go on
Scarborough? Filey?
Reply 39
I'd guess probably somewhere to the east of Glasgow. Deprivation, chavs running around everywhere, junkies, fighting, life expectancies that don't reach 60...

I seem to remember something saying Slough was the worst town in Britain, but I forget what. Never been myself, but it sounds a bit grim.

Latest