The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tried bleach?
Reply 2
usuallystressed
I had a trial fake tan for a wedding yesterday and its HORRIBLE!! I hate it! Any ideas on getting it off at a faster rate? I look like an ompa lumpa! lol
Heeeeelllllllpppppp!!! :smile:

I actually don't think you can!!! :eek: Not for a few days depending on what one it is. I tried one of my hand last year and it didn't go brown until i woke up in the morning, so i had one brown hand (which looked v weird obviously!). No amount of scrubbing at it would shift it for a few days. :mad:
Reply 3
Removing a fake tan? I have no idea, but I'm assuming you can't since it's actually the melanin in your skin making the colour rather than anything else.
Reply 4
Soap and a pumice stone (sounds worse than it is). Soap up a LOT and gently work around in circles with the pumice stone. I always use this method if a bit too much has gathered around my ankles for example. Alternatively, shaving your legs works.
Reply 5
Right, don't worry about it ok, all you need to do it get whitening toothpaste- any type along as it is for whitening the teeth, apply it to the area, run it in, then wash it off. fake tan should disappear. :smile:
Trust me i'm a regular fake tan user! :smile: love the stuff!
ne other queries just ask!
xxx
Reply 6
Or the more expensive option - buy correction wipes. You may need quite a few if it's your whole body though. xx
Shed your skin.
Reply 8
Salt and lemon. Rub skin with salt on it with a lemon. the abrasion of the salt, along with the acidity of the lemon will help removed the fake tan.
glance
Removing a fake tan? I have no idea, but I'm assuming you can't since it's actually the melanin in your skin making the colour rather than anything else.

Nah, fake tan is just dye. It looks as bad as a sunbed tan, but washes off. Eventually.
Scrub your body with something like a shower puff using lots of hot (not scalding obviously) water and soap. It won't get rid of it but it'll help remove it faster by scrubbing the coloured skin off safely. Just don't scrub so hard that you damage yourself. :smile:
Reply 11
have you tried baby wipes?

They got black paint off my friends walls so I imagine they might work on fake tan.
Good idea! If they'll take off cam-cream, they'll take off anything!
Reply 13
Get a lighter fake tan
Reply 14
for future reference : dont bother with fake tan. it looks just that. fake.

and silly.
actually i think a light fake tan well applied always looks good on white girls. but not too much or you'll get the Footballers Wives look

to remove try:

1)exfoliating scrub/salt/rough sponge and hot water. scrub in the bath to remove tanned dead skin
2)lemon juice applied, left to dry then rub off with fingertips. tan coms off in tiny rolls of skin.
3)low concentration hydrogen peroxide from the chemist.not on sensitive areas or face.apply with collon wool then wash thourghloy.even removes mehendi/henna stains!!
Reply 16
technik
for future reference : dont bother with fake tan. it looks just that. fake.

and silly.
Seconded. Orange tan = bad.
Reply 17
usuallystressed
I had a trial fake tan for a wedding yesterday and its HORRIBLE!! I hate it! Any ideas on getting it off at a faster rate? I look like an ompa lumpa! lol
Heeeeelllllllpppppp!!! :smile:

if its just a tan from a bottle, the last time i had fake tan on the next day i went over my face and neck with a baby wipe and the face tan came off! might work!
Multiply it by cot.
lol guys, thanks!

hehe yeah fake tan is fake, but it was kind of just for fun - gone HORRIBLY HORRIBLY wrong!! lol its MUCH better now - I tried the toothpaste on my hands :smile: and lemon juice on my ankles. I looked v funny! thanks

xx

Latest

Trending

Trending