The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Heriot-Watt applicants for 2012

I didn't find any other topic about it so...

Are there any fellow Heriot-Watt applicants here?
If so tell us a bit about you (your subject, other choices , grades and such) :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Applying for Actuarial Science.

GCSEs weren't brilliant compared to most on her....3A*s, 8As,2Bs. AS were AAAAA (dropped chemistry). Predicted A*AA (Geography, Maths, Economics, plus A in GS and EPQ). Got over 90%+ though at AS, so would like at least another A* prediction but oh well :rolleyes:

Not actually heard of ANY other HW applicants yet so looking forward to 'meeting' some on this thread. Has anyone actually been and looked at it? My parents refused to take me up there having left 2 other open days after 30 mins due to hating the uni :biggrin:
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Also applying for actuarial science. Higher AAAB and predicted another ABB at higher and a B at advanced maths. Not too hung up on predictions though as last years predictions were BBBCD and I got AAABC
Reply 3
Hey, I'm applying for Applied languages and translating (French and Spanish) with AABB at higher, further A's at int2 and am predicted A's for H admin and Spanish and a B for Adv Geography! anybody else applying for the same course? :smile:
Reply 4
Did you guys sent off your applications yet? anyone heard from HW?
Original post by Emelynaki
Did you guys sent off your applications yet? anyone heard from HW?

Mine is at school, taking forever to do my refence :frown:

How about you? And what you applying for?
Reply 6
Only got an acknowledgement letter. The wait is exhausting.
Reply 7
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Mine is at school, taking forever to do my refence :frown:

How about you? And what you applying for?

I got everything ready I think. My advisor is supposed to send the application in a few days... but I can't wait!! :tongue:

I'm applying for Business Management. I'll totally firm HW if I get an offer.
Reply 8
Original post by aivisindans
Only got an acknowledgement letter. The wait is exhausting.

hang in there mate, we're all in the same boat :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by Millymoo
Hey, I'm applying for Applied languages and translating (French and Spanish) with AABB at higher, further A's at int2 and am predicted A's for H admin and Spanish and a B for Adv Geography! anybody else applying for the same course? :smile:

Me! :smile: 7A*s and 3As at GCSE, and 4As at AS. :biggrin:

Does anyone know when Heriot Watt start giving offers?
Reply 10
I'm applying for French and Applied Language Studies, I'm from Northern Ireland, reasonable GCSEs and AAAA at AS level, hoping for at least AAB at A level.
Reply 11
Original post by JC-X
I am. (: AABB at Higher, Predicted A's for AH English and French and Higher Spanish.

Looks like I have some healthy competition! ;P
Reply 12
A(maths)BB offer for Actuarial Science :smile:
Original post by CloClo7
A(maths)BB offer for Actuarial Science :smile:

High 5! ABB offer for Actuarial Science, too! :smile:
Reply 14
I got my conditional offer for actuarial science yesterday :smile:

ABB A-levels with A for Maths but Heriot-Watt is actually my third option....
Reply 15
It's my third option too (cos of the distance)....my top two are UEA (interview) and Kent (not heard anything yet)....got an offer from City today, A*AA (A* in maths).
Original post by CloClo7
It's my third option too (cos of the distance)....my top two are UEA (interview) and Kent (not heard anything yet)....got an offer from City today, A*AA (A* in maths).

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I've got 3 offers so far!!! University of Warwick (MMORSE) and City (Actuarial Science) replied to my application finally! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Yeayyyyyyy! xD
I'm applying for International Business Management with Spanish, hopefully H-W will be my insurance. have just sent my application.. and already started checking my email every fifth minute :biggrin:
Reply 18
BBB Economics (L100) offer today :smile: anyone else?
Sent mine off yesterday, got an offer this morning! That was nice :biggrin: ABB for chemistry for 2nd year entry. Got 3A*s, 5As and 2Bs at GCSE and ABBB at AS level though i was 2 points off an A in maths and my remark put my mark down :frown:!! Predicted AAAB... hopefully I can get that with a few retakes!

Quick Reply

Latest