The Student Room Group

Reapplying for finance? Existing UG 2012-2013

Hi all,

So I'm currently studying a UG degree, and will finish Year 1 in the Summer. I will be starting Year 2 in September, but am confused as to what happens with student finance?

I receive assessed finance against my parents' household income, and a bursary from the university itself which I think SLC give them the necessary info for.

Do I need to reapply? Is this automatic? I'm worried as it says on the SLC/Direct Gov site that they were writing to people end of Feb?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Kinesthetic
Hi all,

So I'm currently studying a UG degree, and will finish Year 1 in the Summer. I will be starting Year 2 in September, but am confused as to what happens with student finance?

I receive assessed finance against my parents' household income, and a bursary from the university itself which I think SLC give them the necessary info for.

Do I need to reapply? Is this automatic? I'm worried as it says on the SLC/Direct Gov site that they were writing to people end of Feb?

Thanks

yes you do need to reapply- to do that you need to go onto your account and follow the steps on there. then they will send you a declaration which you need to sign and send back
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
yes you do need to reapply- to do that you need to go onto your account and follow the steps on there. then they will send you a declaration which you need to sign and send back

Thanks.

I have a question - I've just done this and my parents have entered their income, but my grant has been reduced by about £700, when their income was only £2,000 higher than in 09-10. Would this make this much difference, surely?

It seems like a much lower amount for next year
Reply 3
Original post by Kinesthetic
Thanks.

I have a question - I've just done this and my parents have entered their income, but my grant has been reduced by about £700, when their income was only £2,000 higher than in 09-10. Would this make this much difference, surely?

It seems like a much lower amount for next year

That does sound like too big a decrease- I wouldn't have expected it to go down by more than £300 at most. All I can say is ring SF.

Quick Reply

Latest