The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The Yin and Yang, of THAT FOODIE THANG!

Scroll to see replies

Yin~ Battered onion rings.

Yang~ Breaded onion ring. 'nough said.
:h:

Le carrot cake?
Reply 41
YIN: Tastes GODLY. The unique combination of textures between the cake and the frosting works so well I cry. You can pretend like you're ordering a healthy option

YANG: Not a healthy option by a long shot - it's deceptively one of the WORST cakes for you. Moreover, if the icing to cake ratio is off, prepare for more "DESERT" than "DESSERT".

YIN AND YANG OF:

TINNED PEAS?
Reply 42
Yin: I like the taste of peas particularly garden plus they count as a portion of veg. They're also easy to cook.

Yang: I guess being tinned reduces the nutritional value. Also tinned peas never have a ringpull on the lid.

Yin and Yang of McDonalds Big breakfast meal.

Reply 43
YIN: Disturbingly delicious. The ultimate hangover cure. Super-convenient. The polystyrene tray it comes in gives you this cool "TA-DAHHH!" moment when you unsheathe it. You can merge all items together to form an ULTIMUFFIN.

YANG: Only served until 10.30am. Nothing on the platter resembles real food. If you think about it, the "big breakfast" is actually the same amount of food as a McMuffin meal (merely replacing a poached egg for the scrambled egg - there's actually nothing more to it than that).

WHAT'S THE YIN AND YANG OF:

CARAMAC?

Original post by TotoMimo
YIN: Disturbingly delicious. The ultimate hangover cure. Super-convenient. The polystyrene tray it comes in gives you this cool "TA-DAHHH!" moment when you unsheathe it. You can merge all items together to form an ULTIMUFFIN.

YANG: Only served until 10.30am. Nothing on the platter resembles real food. If you think about it, the "big breakfast" is actually the same amount of food as a McMuffin meal (merely replacing a poached egg for the scrambled egg - there's actually nothing more to it than that).

WHAT'S THE YIN AND YANG OF:

CARAMAC?

YIN: It tastes amazing, it truly is one of the most under-rated chocolate bars going. The amount of people I know who haven't even tried this or are like, oh, they still sell those?! When I have one is shocking. But I like it, it makes me feel like I have a special private relationship with it.

YANG: I wish they were thicker/chunkier. The thin is nice and snappy but I just always seem to want more so it's melt factor improves.

Yin and Yang of dippy egg and soldiers?
Reply 45
Yin: It's yummy.
Yang: I have to be bothered to put the eggs in the saucepan and time how long they're in there for....I'm too darn lazy!

Yin and Yang of.....Nandos chicken?
Reply 46
Yin: Its sooooo tasty!

Yang: If you get hot because you're trying to show off, its a ROOKIE error. Mouth= on FIRE.

Yin and yang of....

Home cooked meals?
Original post by dani_1991
Yin: Its sooooo tasty!

Yang: If you get hot because you're trying to show off, its a ROOKIE error. Mouth= on FIRE.

Yin and yang of....

Home cooked meals?

Yin: You get more satisfaction out of knowing they're home cooked, also, if you're cooking it yourself you can cook it/flavour it to your own preference.

Yang: I get easily upset if people dislike my home cooked meals. It's like serving your soul on a plate!!

Yin and yang of cake (and not calories as yang!)
Reply 48
YIN: UN-FREAKING-BELIEVALICIOUS. Flexible as a teatime treat or as a dessert. Spans all social sectors and age ranges, from Kids' parties, to posh people high teas.

YANG: The "second slice syndrome" where you always want another bit of cake and end up making yourself feel totally sick. Those cupcakes that are like 75% topping and give you diabetes. When your sponge is too dry it makes your heart cry.

YIN AND YANG OF:

BOURBON BISCUITS!
Reply 49
Yin: They're delicious alongside a cup of milk.

Yang: Once opened they can easily become stale when stored away.

Yin and Yang of Kofte kebab
Reply 50
YIN: Tasty, as pretty much anything lamb usually is. Dipped in a chive yoghurt is an oddly satisfying combo. Really convenient shape for eating when you're a bit skee-whiff after a couple of Whiskies!

YANG: Can be pretty oily if it's a takeaway kofte. You also run the risk of "bitty lamb" due to the reformed nature - a risk usually only associated with Donner meat.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 51
YIN AND YANG OF:

BREAKAWAYS!
Yin: It has chocolate

Yang: The chocolate to biscuit ratio should be higher

YIN and YANG of: Garlic bread

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 53
Garlic bread:

Yin: Delicious in all forms, even the cheapest frozen ones from Iceland.

Yang: Peter Kay impersonators.

IRN BRU
Reply 54
Yin: garlic bread can be the ultimate side to top off a great meal. I personally love the garlic bread pizza with a lovely salad/homemade kebab scewers on a summer day

Yang: don't go breathing on anyone after!

Yin and yang of: Easter eggs!
Reply 55
Yin: They're delicious. I like breaking the egg!

Yang: Chocolate gives me bad skin ):

Yin and yang of...raisins!
Original post by alexsasg
Yin: They're delicious. I like breaking the egg!

Yang: Chocolate gives me bad skin ):

Yin and yang of...raisins!

Yin: They taste lovely and feel almost healthy, fruit after all.

Yang: I can eat hundreds without even realising it.

Ying and yang of..coffee
Reply 57
Yin: Wakes you up, and CAN taste nice... Starbucks coffee; whipped cream, syrup and sugar.. and just a hint of coffee

Yang: Black coffee is the worst drink I've had in a while.

Yin and Yang of Anchovies?
Original post by dani_1991
Yin: Wakes you up, and CAN taste nice... Starbucks coffee; whipped cream, syrup and sugar.. and just a hint of coffee

Yang: Black coffee is the worst drink I've had in a while.

Yin and Yang of Anchovies?

You hate black coffee? And to think I respected you Dani...

hehehe. LOVE YA REALLY BABES.

Yin: Anchovies can be a good seasoning for a dish, and it makes you feel chef'y. You can show off to friends and be like yeah guys, they'll disintegrate but add a salty flavour. lordylordylordy.

Yang: eaten straight from the tin they're rank, and often swimming in oil. Ikky!

Yin and yang of CHICKEN
Reply 59
YIN: Chicken is the go-to meat. It works in most dishes. It's the safe bet if hosting a dinner party. It works in both cream-based and spicy sauces.

YANG: Can go dry very easily. Due to the YIN reasons, it can be boring. Contestants on Come Dine With Me will instantly mark you down.

What's the YIN AND YANG OF: A YORKIE BAR?

Quick Reply

Latest