The Student Room Group

Reading festival day tickets?

How safe is Reading festival?
...?
Please can someone reply?
Reply 3
Firstly, wait for a reply you moron. Your impatience almost made me not want to reply, but then how do idiots learn without teachers.

Secondly, I've been reading 3 years in a row, it's absolutely fine provided you behave sensibly. As you're a day ticket holder you won't be camping and the arena never has any trouble (with exception to a few angry 13 year olds in '09 who messed up some lockers, woo, down the establishment).

Thirdly, what day are you going? I'm weekend this year.
Check out the official reading festival forums for the some decent advice and music discussion, good bunch of guys on there.
What do you mean by 'safe'? Just keep your valuables on you tbh, you'll be fine. Never had any trouble at Reading, minus a black eye in a mosh pit, though admittedly that's all part of the fun and my fault anyway. If you're ultra concerned about safety or whatever, and staying the entire weekend, don't camp in green or purple 'cos people tend to go a little crazy on the last night and start tent fires.
Reading is perfectly safe but you will be robbed if you leave valuable stuff lying around.
Reply 6
Original post by ironandwine
What do you mean by 'safe'? Just keep your valuables on you tbh, you'll be fine. Never had any trouble at Reading, minus a black eye in a mosh pit, though admittedly that's all part of the fun and my fault anyway. If you're ultra concerned about safety or whatever, and staying the entire weekend, don't camp in green or purple 'cos people tend to go a little crazy on the last night and start tent fires.

She can't camp anyway, she's a day ticket holder.

And it's bull**** about green and purple having massive fires and riots every year, there was a few angry kids in '09 and a bit of trouble few years before but it's always blown out of proportion and it's too heavily policed now with the no campfire on sundays policy (annoyingly enough because it's always bloody cold sunday).
Original post by Megaross
She can't camp anyway, she's a day ticket holder.

And it's bull**** about green and purple having massive fires and riots every year, there was a few angry kids in '09 and a bit of trouble few years before but it's always blown out of proportion and it's too heavily policed now with the no campfire on sundays policy (annoyingly enough because it's always bloody cold sunday).

right, thanks for that? i last went in 2010 and there were fires even in red area, just going by what i've experienced tbh. no one gave a **** about the campfire rule any time i've been there? :dontknow:
Reply 8
Original post by ironandwine
right, thanks for that? i last went in 2010 and there were fires even in red area, just going by what i've experienced tbh. no one gave a **** about the campfire rule any time i've been there? :dontknow:

I camped in red 2010, you're talking ****, the ghostbusters were on it bigstyle that year. That was the first year the campfire regs and sunday ban came into effect, we had our fire going for 20 minutes before they put it out.
Same last year, they can spot fires a mile off.

And I take a walk around at the end to meet random people in the camps on a sunday too, usually a good laugh. Even when a crowd comes forming, the angry jocks (security) and police break it up.

They've really clamped down on it since the council threatened their licencing.
Original post by Megaross
I camped in red 2010, you're talking ****, the ghostbusters were on it bigstyle that year. That was the first year the campfire regs and sunday ban came into effect, we had our fire going for 20 minutes before they put it out.
Same last year, they can spot fires a mile off.

And I take a walk around at the end to meet random people in the camps on a sunday too, usually a good laugh. Even when a crowd comes forming, the angry jocks (security) and police break it up.

They've really clamped down on it since the council threatened their licencing.

i camped in red area too :s-smilie:
I'm selling Weekend-Camping tickets, if you're interested PM me :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by maverick123
I'm selling Weekend-Camping tickets, if you're interested PM me :smile:

How much are you selling them for and how many??
Original post by WriterC
How much are you selling them for and how many??

I have 6, well they're face-value (£197.50) but including the booking fees and everything when I bought them it comes to £211 per ticket (including delivery and everything.)
Reply 13
i've got 1 weekend ticket that i'm selling for 155£, let me know if interested
Reply 14
how do they prevent you from not camping if you have a day ticket??
Reply 15
Original post by charlie987
how do they prevent you from not camping if you have a day ticket??

There are different wristbands, so if you go for the Friday it will be a Friday wristband. If security spot you or you try get into the arena on the Saturday you will be removed from the site.

Quick Reply

Latest