The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Occupational therapy 2012

I couldn't find a thread about people with offers for OT at Coventry so thought I'd start one!

I'm a (very) mature student with a conditional offer :smile: i'm in my 2nd yr of pt access course and have gained all the necessary credits etc i need so will definitely be going...and can't wait:smile:

Is anyone else going?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello! think we chatted on another post but yes im going :smile:
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Just to let you know that the OT course starts on 24th Sept NOT 27th Sept as per the UCAS offer. I queried it with admissions and they are going to sort out the error with UCAS.
Reply 3
Hi ya, I'm another mature student that's starting in September. Can't wait. It take two years to get to this point. Just wondering if anyone knows the general timetable, I'm trying to sort out child-care for my two young boys. Also I'm confused on the term time and if they are similar to those of schools and colleges. Are you all going to fresher?

Mx
Reply 4
Hi!

I'm a mature student starting OT in Coventry too.... excited yet anxious, there is still sooooooooo much to do and sort out. Do you guys live in the Coventry area already? Have you heard anything back yet re: the NHS bursary funding?

Thanks,
Caroline :smile:
Reply 5
Well good luck to all of you I am not there this year but hoping to be there 2013. Advice gratefuly received.
Reply 6
Hi Caroline,
I'm in Birmingham and will be commuting daily. Can't wait to start in Sept. Little stress over the lack of Time table not till the end of the month. Are you resisting in Coventry?

@give it a go, are you studying for entry or on a gap year. If there are questions please feel free to ask.

Cheers Malia

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
Reply 7
Hiya all

I'll be commuting from Birmingham also, by train (well that's the plan at the moment). I emailed admissions to ask about the timetable and she told me that we will get it in our induction week altough we should get our inductuion timetable and book list by the end of this week.
Getting very excited now :smile:

Where about in Brum are you Malia?
Reply 8
Original post by sarahp
Hiya all

I'll be commuting from Birmingham also, by train (well that's the plan at the moment). I emailed admissions to ask about the timetable and she told me that we will get it in our induction week altough we should get our inductuion timetable and book list by the end of this week.
Getting very excited now :smile:

Where about in Brum are you Malia?

Hi sarahp, hall green and acocks green area. Looking at going from hg train station, but need to look at time tables. It's crappy I'm too old for the young person rail discount. How about you?
Have you any ideas on core books,
Eager to start as I have two small boys. So have to be very organised.
:yep:

Reply 9
Original post by maliam:)
Hi sarahp, hall green and acocks green area. Looking at going from hg train station, but need to look at time tables. It's crappy I'm too old for the young person rail discount. How about you?
Have you any ideas on core books,
Eager to start as I have two small boys. So have to be very organised.
:yep:

Hiya
I live in Rednal, so will have to get a train to New street and then another one to Cov. I haven't really looked into rail prices, are student cards just for the under 25's then? (I'm 38!!)

Have bought 1 book so far and looking into getting Ross and Wilson anatomy book. I have 2 girls, both at school...getting very excited now :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by sarahp
Hiya
I live in Rednal, so will have to get a train to New street and then another one to Cov. I haven't really looked into rail prices, are student cards just for the under 25's then? (I'm 38!!)

Have bought 1 book so far and looking into getting Ross and Wilson anatomy book. I have 2 girls, both at school...getting very excited now :smile:

Hi ya back, hehehe
Just got back from hall green train station and they say that the term pass are the best to get. They go on sell on from today, but can't use it till the 23/08/12 via till Dec 31. Depends on the zones. Zone 1&2 is £187 and the rest of the zones, the one we need as going to Coventry is £232 a term. There is three terms in the year. It could be a little cheaper on the bus, but its quicker on the train for me. Looked at monthly bus pass and that's over £50 a month. The pamphlet that they gave me is the network west midlands student travel and has a form to fill out as well as required two photo and proof of university student status.
I have not got a reading list or core book list yet.
I'm 37, with currently a 7 1/2 month old and a 3 1/4 yr old.
Counting the days away.:mmm:

Reply 11
Original post by sarahp
I couldn't find a thread about people with offers for OT at Coventry so thought I'd start one!

I'm a (very) mature student with a conditional offer :smile: i'm in my 2nd yr of pt access course and have gained all the necessary credits etc i need so will definitely be going...and can't wait:smile:

Is anyone else going?

Yes HA HA x
Reply 12
Original post by anitab123
Yes HA HA x

Hello stranger! I still couldn't find you on FB...have you heard about your bursary yet?I haven't.
Reply 13
Hello x
I thought I sent you a message on facebook but if you haven't had it then someone else is reading a message that means nothing to them!!! I have had my bursary and its not as much as I had hoped,doesn't even cover the rent, so bit dissapointed but stilll going to give it a go. Just want to get started now and could do with the timetable so can sort shifts out at work as going to have to continue working x
Hope you are ok? Have you sorted out how you are going to get there,I am going to do the park and ride to start with and then see what the best options are. It's all a bit scarey!!!!
Hope to get together before the 24th working as much as I can so bit difficult at the moment but will try and get something sorted.
Anita x
Reply 14
Hi Folks,

Have you all had answers re: your bursary already? I'm still waiting! I called the NHS team to follow up again this morning but basically it didn't get me anywhere. I'm told i should have an answer in the next 2-3 weeks but i was told that a week or 2 ago also. Sure in 3 weeks time we'll practically be starting the course!

Anyone had any update re: the book list yet either?

:smile:
Reply 15
Original post by cjmdolphin
Hi Folks,

Have you all had answers re: your bursary already? I'm still waiting! I called the NHS team to follow up again this morning but basically it didn't get me anywhere. I'm told i should have an answer in the next 2-3 weeks but i was told that a week or 2 ago also. Sure in 3 weeks time we'll practically be starting the course!

Anyone had any update re: the book list yet either?

:smile:

Hiya
I haven't heard back about my bursary yet so have no idea how much i'll be getting :frown: i emailed the admissions and a welcome letter with details of the induction week should be sent out this week....hopefully it will include a book list!

1 month and 1 day to go....can't wait!! :smile:
Reply 16
thanks for that! :smile:
Reply 17
Hi all,

I'm going this september :smile: nervous but looking forward to it. I'm glad I found this as I had no idea it was actually starting on 24th Sept and not 27th Sept as said on UCAS. I'd love to go to the fresher but I have no idea of the dates.

Has anybody received a welcome pack yet?

hello and good luck to everyone who's going or thinking of going on OT course the way.
Reply 18
Hi

anyone worried about train fares, I've found a website, see link http://www.16-25railcard.co.uk/are-you-eligible/eligibility for Mature students over 26 yrs (which I fit into now). I think you'd need to apply for a NUS card which costs about £12 for a standard one as that's the only proof of ID they'll accept to prove you're a student. I'm not sure about the prices but hopefully would be a lot cheaper than normal :smile: Hope it helps someone
Reply 19
Original post by laurajo7
Hi

anyone worried about train fares, I've found a website, see link http://www.16-25railcard.co.uk/are-you-eligible/eligibility for Mature students over 26 yrs (which I fit into now). I think you'd need to apply for a NUS card which costs about £12 for a standard one as that's the only proof of ID they'll accept to prove you're a student. I'm not sure about the prices but hopefully would be a lot cheaper than normal :smile: Hope it helps someone

Thanks for this. I have a couple of friends at uni already who say that the nus sign will be on our student Id card. If your are getting a student account some banks give this a part of their package. I'm waiting for the well come pack, and freshers may have something there as well.

Quick Reply

Latest