The Student Room Group

Milk in primary school, did it taste different to you??????

You may think this is a strange question, but does anyone think the milk we had in primary school tasted/tastes different to regular milk we get in the shops?
I remember it tasting so much nicer, I have tried alot of milks from red top to blue and gold top but none taste the exact same or as nice. If you know of or have tasted a milk called cravendale, its a similar taste to that but has much more flavour!
Anyone know why?
Or is this just in my crazy little head? Lol.
Well let me know! Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think it was just because it was UHT milk, like in the little pots you get in coffee shops. I reckon it tastes a bit sweeter.
Yeah it did
It was sort of sweeter?
Used to enjoy finishing it all off and then opening the corners of the box and squishing it flat
I was a weird child

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by feathergirl
I think it was just because it was UHT milk, like in the little pots you get in coffee shops. I reckon it tastes a bit sweeter.

Hmmm, I cant really remember them tasting the same, im sure the school milk tasted ABIT fresher then thoughs and I wouldnt say the school milk was that sweet? Do YOU think they taste the same then? Will have to taste one of them little milks again to compare lol. UHT?.. What does that stand for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe its a psychological thing
Where it probably tastes the same
But I think it tastes different as I associate it with playtime and childhood nostalgia
Reply 5
Ill try your milk if you want?
I think it tasted different, yes.

Almost like it came from a different cow or something
Original post by Little_missy01
Yeah it did
It was sort of sweeter?
Used to enjoy finishing it all off and then opening the corners of the box and squishing it flat
I was a weird child

Another one who says it was sweeter lol! I cant actually remember it being sweeter just yummier, ha!.. Have you found a milk in the shops that tastes the same or similar? And
everyone was a weird child lol its just the ones who stayed weird thats worrying lol...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Gulzar
Ill try your milk if you want?

Ill pass thanks :smile: lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by That Bearded Man
I think it tasted different, yes.

Almost like it came from a different cow or something

Is that sarcasm?... Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
My milk brings all the boys to the yard 🎵

Posted from TSR Mobile
My school didn't give out milk :frown:
The article was written in 2001 though, regarding a new idea, not facts on a pre existing one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by llessur123
My school didn't give out milk :frown:

How about bananas on the morning of an exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Forest_Lioness
Ill pass thanks :smile: lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, btw i do know what u mean by milk tasting different. U used to love milk in primary school but now its just gross :tongue:
How about bananas on the morning of an exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whatttt I've never heard of this one. Although I hate bananas so I wasn't missing much.
Maybe its a psychological thing
Where it probably tastes the same
But I think it tastes different as I associate it with playtime and childhood nostalgia

Yeah, thats what im starting to believe seen as I cant find that same taste lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
It's because it's rats milk, The Simpsons said so :tongue:
I wonder if any teachers could tell us the answer to this?
Do kids even still drink milk in schools or is it against health and safety now or something as silly as that lol.
Anyone know any primary school teachers they could ask?...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest