The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why is this a student forum...

If no-one can see the benefit of university? People ON HERE are like, oh university's a huge unjustifiable debt, people who don't go to university will graduate and probably be happier and earn more than you without the debt, blah blah blah. If that's the case, why are you marying around on the 'Student' room and why aren't you all doing your apprenticeships in plumbing or whatever? It really is such a contradiction to invest so much time and money into an education of which many of you fail to see the benefit.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Chattykatty88
If no-one can see the benefit of university? People ON HERE are like, oh university's a huge unjustifiable debt, people who don't go to university will graduate and probably be happier and earn more than you without the debt, blah blah blah. If that's the case, why are you marying around on the 'Student' room and why aren't you all doing your apprenticeships in plumbing or whatever? It really is such a contradiction to invest so much time and money into an education of which many of you fail to see the benefit.

True but it's an escape from the crappy world of work for 3 years :p:
Reply 2
We're not all like that :smile:
Ok.
Reply 4
LearningMath
Ok.

OK what?
lol...

i don't care, not everybody is logical.
Reply 6
Because most of us ARE students...But if it doesn't work out, well...then it's not the end of the world.
Reply 7
And most people said what they said about uni because of your snobby thread.
Chattykatty88
OK what?

Chattykatty88
It really is such a contradiction to invest so much time and money into an education of which many of you fail to see the benefit.

Ok.
Reply 9
ive always wondered why is this a student forum when almost half of the people here are complete idiots. i mean have you seen some of the threads on here?
What the hell are you on about? The majority of the people on here are either currently applying to university or are already at university.
Reply 11
GodspeedGehenna
What the hell are you on about? The majority of the people on here are either currently applying to university or are already at university.

Learn to read and go over my post again darling.
GodspeedGehenna

exactly. and if you're refering to that stupid thread you made earlier, it's because we haven't all got out heads stuck up our arses and realise that uni isn't for everyone.
Reply 13
Chattykatty88

Read his post again, most of those people of whom you are talking about will not be applying to universities or be at one already.
Reply 14
Renal

Wow that bunch of text is so insightful :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Just because people can see why not going to university could be a positive step for someone doesn't mean they aren't "real" students who shouldn't be using a forum called "the student room".

Again, you show a lack of critical thinking which has probably been hampered by your snobish world view :smile:
Reply 16
Chattykatty88

So, to summarise, you lack critical thinking, are a snob, and your vocabulary is rather restricted.
Reply 17
she
So, to summarise, you lack critical thinking, are a snob, and your vocabulary is rather restricted.

What is it with you and bloody critical thinking? Is it the only AS you passed or something?
Reply 18
I think University is a huge waste of time from a financial point of veiw, both my uncles recently went to uni and their quality of life is a lot worse off for it.

By the way, I'm not an Idiot- I've got offers from Warwick and Edinbourgh (2nd year entry) to do maths, The only reason I'm going is because I love maths with a passion and could not bare the thought of not continuing my education, even if I end up with no money I'll still have my knowledge, and as everyone knows; knowledge is much better than money.
Reply 19
sonano
I think University is a huge waste of time from a financial point of veiw, both my uncles recently went to uni and their quality of life is a lot worse off for it.

By the way, I'm not an Idiot- I've got offers from Warwick and Edinbourgh (2nd year entry) to do maths, The only reason I'm going is because I love maths with a passion and could not bare the thought of not continuing my education, even if I end up with no money I'll still have my knowledge, and as everyone knows; knowledge is much better than money.

Exactly; bravo. The only person with a brain (apart from me) on this entire bloody forum.

Latest

Trending

Trending