The Student Room Group

March 2012 intake for nursing - good or bad?

Scroll to see replies

I was offered a place at De Montfort (Adult Nursing PgDip) starting in January, phoned them up to ask if there was a list I could be put on in case any September starts dropped out and had a phone call the other week offering me a September start instead.

As others have said, there is no difference between a September or Jan/Mar intake, I was just keen to start the course as soon as possible so that I haven't 'gone off the boil' too much after finishing at college.
Reply 41
James,
the way you got offered, did you apply through ucas and now going for de montfort through clearing?Or, are you just accepted onto the course now automatically regardless of UCAS?

Sorry about my lack of knowledge!!
Moylan - De Montfort was one of four universities I originally applied for last.year (ideally applicants for nursing should apply through UCAS before 15th January cut-off date).

Off my interview at De Montfort I was offered a place on the course I applied for (Adult Nursing Diploma) and was originally given a January start but was later offered the September start as someone dropped out for whatever reason.

Generally, although there are two intakes, all the places for nursing courses are given out based on one set of interviews rather than having separate interview processes for each intake.
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey all,

Just got my place in Cardiff Uni, for Children's nursing, starting in March 2012.
I applied for residence a few months ago (at Allensbank, and University Hall) as these were my only choices!
I havent heard anything yet, but as im not going until march, i doubt i'll hear till nearer the time.

Anyone else planning on living in these residence? Or anyone on the same course?

I'd love to know someone before i go!

Chloe :smile: x
I'm in the same boat, I'm doing Adults Nursing at UWE starting in January 2012, bit let down that not september especially now that its really hard to find a job to fill the void, but as many people have said at least I got a place! Am I right in presuming that we graduate the same time as the September intakes?

Cheers!
Original post by lukimusprime
I'm in the same boat, I'm doing Adults Nursing at UWE starting in January 2012, bit let down that not september especially now that its really hard to find a job to fill the void, but as many people have said at least I got a place! Am I right in presuming that we graduate the same time as the September intakes?

Cheers!

you will complete 3 years after you start i.e. January three years hence, when you graduate will depend on the policy of the HEI - some have graduations for nursing 'out of season' due to the numbers ...
Reply 46
Original post by ChloeCouzens
Hey all,

Just got my place in Cardiff Uni, for Children's nursing, starting in March 2012.
I applied for residence a few months ago (at Allensbank, and University Hall) as these were my only choices!
I havent heard anything yet, but as im not going until march, i doubt i'll hear till nearer the time.

Anyone else planning on living in these residence? Or anyone on the same course?

I'd love to know someone before i go!

Chloe :smile: x

:wavey:
Hi, I'm for adult nursing in cardiff for march '12.
I too have applied for allensbank & university hall as they were the only choices!
I think we will next hear from them in Oct/Nov with all of our forms etc!

Like you said, it would be great to meet people before we start!:biggrin: So hi, I'm Claire :smile:
just think you would save the rush of everyone else starting september and plus also you have time to prepare for the course and also work part time and get settled into work life as well.
Original post by saraher219
Ive been accepted by Liverpool john moores for march 2012, was really hoping for september 2011 but im so happy to be accepted :smile: but im the same, dont know how this is going to work for accomodation...?

Hey Sarah, have you accepted for March?, I start in March :smile: x
Reply 49
Hii I also start in March 2012, at Chester. I was just so grateful that i had a place, and has also given me a much appreciated brake after my A-Levels. The only problems that i've found with this is the accommodation, but finally ive found a hall and just sent a deposit for it! I'm nervous though as everyone else will be settled in the halls and ill be intruding haa, but i guess thats just life.
:smile: xx
Reply 50
hey,
how did every one get on starting in march this year? ive been accepted for the march 2013 intake for child nursing at greenwich, did it affect any thing for you guys? as in was it harder to sort out your accommodation and nhs bursary? im a little disappointed that i wont be starting with every one else :frown: but i don't want to go anywhere as as this is my first choice!

Quick Reply