The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths - Unit 2 Higher Tier March 5th 2012

Yeah I posted it in wrong section :colondollar: So guys, how did you find the exam today? Did you not think it to be ridiculously hard?

Scroll to see replies

I actually found this one to be OK! Similar in structure essentially to past papers, and with only the last question being a bit of a 'WTH' moment. Some were very boring though e.g. the ratio one and the flowers/seeds one. The simaltaneous (sp?) equations required quite a bit of brainpower :tongue:
But yeah, it was a lot better than the one on Fri.
Reply 2
i cant believe i messed up the question on the estimation for the mean:mad:
erm..i thought the exam ws fairly easy..bt worried thnking that thy may increase the grade boundries for an A*..erm so do you guys knw where the answers are for the calculator paper..btw i got x=10 fr the lst question..i thougt tht ws easy???
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Got x=10, for area of segment did you get 119?
yeah i got x=10 as well
erm yh i gt 119 for tht segmnt question :smile: i thought the hardest question was the rugby question..the mean..i didnt get it at first then i realised hw to do it...erm i put 25 points for tht wbu??
yeah i got 25, what did everyone put for the upper and lower bound question? (5 marks)
Reply 8
to be honest that rugby question was the only one i missed, can't believe it was on the first page. for the cumulative freq. did you get around 7 teachers who were older than 55?
Reply 9
what did you guys get for the tyres question ?
Reply 10
I got 8 teachers for that question
Reply 11
Original post by mithunan1
what did you guys get for the tyres question ?

You multiply the amount by 3 tyres, then multiply it by the VAT. Then add the VAT to the amount. Can't remember the final amount...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
I got the anwer 234 :/ im not sure if its right. i did what you did :frown:
Original post by Putch1
to be honest that rugby question was the only one i missed, can't believe it was on the first page. for the cumulative freq. did you get around 7 teachers who were older than 55?

I got 25points scored for the rugbyquestion and 8 teachers older than 55 ...:smile: and fr tht question it ws 234..bt i miss read the quesition and i added 234+65=299 ...i thnk i will get 1 mark for it..bt im nt sure..dnt knw why i added 65 at the end :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Putch1
You multiply the amount by 3 tyres, then multiply it by the VAT. Then add the VAT to the amount. Can't remember the final amount...

you were meant to work out fhe price of each tyre plus the vat and then times it all by three
my answer was 234...because I have multiplied the 3 multipliyed by 65 which was 195 and add the 20% to it..
Reply 16
Original post by sedagezmis
I got the anwer 234 :/ im not sure if its right. i did what you did :frown:

Im sure that's correct, something like 195 + 39 = 234
Reply 17
Original post by Akb_1e3
you were meant to work out fhe price of each tyre plus the vat and then times it all by three

You don't have to work out the price of the 4th tyre because it's free
Original post by Akb_1e3

yh..65*1.2=78 *3=234 i think..i only realised it after the exm..
Reply 19
Yeah that was my working out aswell . I just want to see all the answers

Quick Reply

Latest