The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE English Language HELP Please! Private Candidate!!!!

Hi, I have entered in for the CIE IGCSE English First Language exams as a private candidate so therefore not doing the coursework and have no teacher to help me so basically teaching myself can anyone give me any tips or helpful points.
Also can anyone advise me as to where i can get past papers from?

If anyone can help that would be great!!!

O and I am aiming for a C grade doign the Core papers not the extended.
Reply 1
Original post by angelina90
Hi, I have entered in for the CIE IGCSE English First Language exams as a private candidate so therefore not doing the coursework and have no teacher to help me so basically teaching myself can anyone give me any tips or helpful points.
Also can anyone advise me as to where i can get past papers from?

If anyone can help that would be great!!!

O and I am aiming for a C grade doign the Core papers not the extended.

Hey. I did CIE English First Language Extended without coursework as well, in November 2011 and got an A*. I can't tell you much about the Core paper format, because it's changed really recently, but check out xtremepapers.me for past papers, and definitely practice Summary Writing and your Analyzing skills.
Also, focus on Narrative, Descriptive, and Argumentative essay writing. Feel fromm to PM me if you need any more help:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by xAditi
Hey. I did CIE English First Language Extended without coursework as well, in November 2011 and got an A*. I can't tell you much about the Core paper format, because it's changed really recently, but check out xtremepapers.me for past papers, and definitely practice Summary Writing and your Analyzing skills.
Also, focus on Narrative, Descriptive, and Argumentative essay writing. Feel fromm to PM me if you need any more help:smile:

Hello. I'm going to take the extended paper this upcoming thursday. Can you please give me some tips and advice? I'm really struggling and I don't know what to do. I'm following the American curriculum at my school and I'm really not used to the IGCSE....
hey i'm sitting that exam too. i would just say that the three different sections on the paper are transformative writing, PEE or PEA analysis and summarising. i would just say to have a look at the different techniques involved for that and to do some past paper practice :smile: good luck!
Reply 4
Hi, I wanted to be a private candidate. Can I still be one because I don't want to do the coursework but I am doing the exam in November 2014. Someone help!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending