The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by happydinosaur
The BBC2 70s documentary? I've really enjoyed that.

Everyone in my house seems to be feeling really sick so I'm hiding in my room. Hoping it is hangover feeling sick (as they went out last night, although one housemate didn't as she already felt rough but seems ok today) rather than evil contagious ill feeling sick as I won't be able to cope with that.

Yeah, the Dominic Sandbrook one :smile: It's really good, my mum has his books so I think I might read them over the summer. Great timing for it to be on - my exam is on popular culture in Britain since 1960, so it's covering loads of stuff.

Hopefully your housemates are just hungover :hugs:

Original post by Smoosh
I'm trying to think of birthday present ideas for the boy. For his main present he's getting a new tattoo, but I'd still like to get him some little bits, just can't think of anything!

I always find Firebox good for little extras :smile:

-----

Hrmm. In bed watching Bridesmaids, but I think I might give up and read instead. I really want to like it (I saw it at the cinema when it came out and didn't get the hype) but I'm just finding it too cringy :s-smilie:
Reply 7821
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37661327']Yeah, the Dominic Sandbrook one :smile: It's really good, my mum has his books so I think I might read them over the summer. Great timing for it to be on - my exam is on popular culture in Britain since 1960, so it's covering loads of stuff.

Hopefully your housemates are just hungover :hugs:

I always find Firebox good for little extras :smile:

-----

Hrmm. In bed watching Bridesmaids, but I think I might give up and read instead. I really want to like it (I saw it at the cinema when it came out and didn't get the hype) but I'm just finding it too cringy :s-smilie:

I think I'll take a look on there :smile: I got him some little bits from there last year too, so handy! I might make him some cupcakes, either Star Wars or Avengers themed, hmmm.

I only just saw Bridesmaids for the first time the other week, I was expecting it to be loads better than it was... :s-smilie:
Original post by Smoosh
I think I'll take a look on there :smile: I got him some little bits from there last year too, so handy! I might make him some cupcakes, either Star Wars or Avengers themed, hmmm.

I only just saw Bridesmaids for the first time the other week, I was expecting it to be loads better than it was... :s-smilie:

Avengers!! Andy wants his cake to look like Captain America's shield this year, have no idea how I'm going to do that!
Reply 7823
Original post by hbandtr4eva
Avengers!! Andy wants his cake to look like Captain America's shield this year, have no idea how I'm going to do that!

:biggrin: How cute are these?!:

Although, I love these Star Wars ones too (plus, I think they'd be simpler :tongue:):

That's an awesome cake idea! There's loads of examples on google :smile:
Original post by Smoosh
:biggrin: How cute are these?!:

Although, I love these Star Wars ones too (plus, I think they'd be simpler :tongue:):

That's an awesome cake idea! There's loads of examples on google :smile:

The top ones are adorable!!
Reply 7825
The top ones are adorable!!

:biggrin: I don't think mine would ever look quite so perfect though :tongue:

We should have a baking day/evening sometime :smile:
Original post by Smoosh
I'm trying to think of birthday present ideas for the boy. For his main present he's getting a new tattoo, but I'd still like to get him some little bits, just can't think of anything!

I always find the 'I-want-one-of-those' website (iwoot) to be pretty good for random little gifts for people, they've got some little quirky things if you want something with a bit of a sense of humour?

In other news.... serious exam fear setting in right about now. I really don't know how I am going to scrape a pass. Every page I look at has something I don't know or understand... :frown:

But... 2 WEEKS!! :biggrin: Went out and did some last minute shopping yesterday morning, as the next two weeks are a bit mad with first exams, then driving test, then a weekend of band stuff followed by another exam.... so took a bit of a revision break for sydney shopping. I now have a drawer in my room ready to start packing as a reward after this thursday's massive exam... (keen as it sounds, I really need to start thinking about packing... such a crazy few weeks coming up!)
OMGOMGOMGOMG GUYSGUYSGUYS!!!!!!!!! My flatmates came home today with 2 tortoises and a PUPPYYYYY :biggrin: :woo: :gah: I'm so exciteddd!!! He's so cute and we just chose to call him Dante :biggrin: eeeeek!!!!!!!!
Reply 7828
I'm 5 ft 1 so I am quite short. My SO is already much taller than me but if she wanted to wear heels, I'd be completely fine with it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Smoosh
AWESOME CAKE PICTURES

OMG, those are so cool! I really want to make the boy something like those for his birthday, but he doesn't like icing :s-smilie:.

Morning lovlies :smile: Hope everyone's well. I'm doing my last bits of revision today - trying to spread it out, so I've done two detialed essay plans, then will do two more after lunch, and the last two after an afternoon trip to the pibrary to return some books. Feeling pretty confident about it - although since I've been revising the one module for nearly two weeks, I damn well should be :tongue:

Going to watch the bit of the 1970s program that I slep through yesterday (:rolleyes:), then have a shower I think.
Oh my good god, so my car just got serviced (my dads paying for it to get it through an MOT) and the guys come up with this HUGE list of work that needs doing: :s-smilie:

Radiator has a small leak
Drive shaft gaiter needs replacing
Front link arm bushes need replacing
Offside rear spring is broken and needs replacing
Rear tyres one is starting to perish, other is borderline so need replacing
Tighten handbrake

:shock: My car is a heap of scrap metal :emo: anyone got any ideas what that kind of price that might be? (im by no means an expert in this area!)

Also, my future housemate has just been told we can't move into our house in sept because of damp :nothing:
Original post by Jellybean91
Oh my good god, so my car just got serviced (my dads paying for it to get it through an MOT) and the guys come up with this HUGE list of work that needs doing: :s-smilie:

Tighten handbrake

:shock: My car is a heap of scrap metal :emo: anyone got any ideas what that kind of price that might be? (im by no means an expert in this area!)

Also, my future housemate has just been told we can't move into our house in sept because of damp :nothing:

Eeeek! That sounds like a lot :s-smilie: No idea on prices, have some hugs instead :hugs:

----

:woo: Just ordered some lavender hairdye for next week :biggrin: Although I still haven't made it to the shower, oops.
I am in SO much pain from my kidney infection, it's been bad all week but today is awful. Trying hard not to cry from the pain. I rang the doctors and I have to go back, I'm scared I'm going to be admitted for tests. I need hugs and good thoughts please.
Reply 7833
I am in SO much pain from my kidney infection, it's been bad all week but today is awful. Trying hard not to cry from the pain. I rang the doctors and I have to go back, I'm scared I'm going to be admitted for tests. I need hugs and good thoughts please.

As per Twitter, if you're in that much pain then the hospital is definitely the best place to be. :hugs:

Eeek, lots of healing toughts/hugs coming your way, you poor thing :hugs:
Reply 7835
Original post by DrGalago
I always find the 'I-want-one-of-those' website (iwoot) to be pretty good for random little gifts for people, they've got some little quirky things if you want something with a bit of a sense of humour?

In other news.... serious exam fear setting in right about now. I really don't know how I am going to scrape a pass. Every page I look at has something I don't know or understand... :frown:

But... 2 WEEKS!! :biggrin: Went out and did some last minute shopping yesterday morning, as the next two weeks are a bit mad with first exams, then driving test, then a weekend of band stuff followed by another exam.... so took a bit of a revision break for sydney shopping. I now have a drawer in my room ready to start packing as a reward after this thursday's massive exam... (keen as it sounds, I really need to start thinking about packing... such a crazy few weeks coming up!)

Thank you for the suggestion :biggrin:

Good luck with your exams and I hope the 2 weeks go super fast!

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37668890']OMG, those are so cool! I really want to make the boy something like those for his birthday, but he doesn't like icing :s-smilie:.

Morning lovlies :smile: Hope everyone's well. I'm doing my last bits of revision today - trying to spread it out, so I've done two detialed essay plans, then will do two more after lunch, and the last two after an afternoon trip to the pibrary to return some books. Feeling pretty confident about it - although since I've been revising the one module for nearly two weeks, I damn well should be :tongue:

Going to watch the bit of the 1970s program that I slep through yesterday (:rolleyes:), then have a shower I think.

:biggrin: :eek: I love icing! Sometimes just out of the packet... :ninja:

Hope your revision is going well :smile:

:frown: :hugs: Are you on antibiotics? They might just have to do some scans or something, that's what they were gonna do with me. Really hope you're feeling better soon :hugs:

Hope everyone else is doing ok today! I hate Mondays :frown: On the plus side my parents are up here on a boat holiday this week, and they left cupcakes from my cousin's wedding on my doorstop for when I got home from work, yummy :biggrin: And then me and the boy are meeting up with them on Thursday to spend the afternoon on the boat and go for a meal, which I'm looking forward to! Plus, only 7 more days at work and then I have 6 days off to go visit mine & boy's famly :woo:
Original post by Smoosh
Thank you for the suggestion :biggrin:

Good luck with your exams and I hope the 2 weeks go super fast!

:biggrin: :eek: I love icing! Sometimes just out of the packet... :ninja:

Hope your revision is going well :smile:

:frown: :hugs: Are you on antibiotics? They might just have to do some scans or something, that's what they were gonna do with me. Really hope you're feeling better soon :hugs:

Hope everyone else is doing ok today! I hate Mondays :frown: On the plus side my parents are up here on a boat holiday this week, and they left cupcakes from my cousin's wedding on my doorstop for when I got home from work, yummy :biggrin: And then me and the boy are meeting up with them on Thursday to spend the afternoon on the boat and go for a meal, which I'm looking forward to! Plus, only 7 more days at work and then I have 6 days off to go visit mine & boy's famly :woo:
I might just go make myself a bowl of icing...

Massive, massive hugs Kat :hugs:
Reply 7837
Hello all,

I've just sat and read everything from the last five days, sounds like there's been a lot of shopping going on. I was also tempted to buy some dresses online in the sales but I don't really want the hassle of having to mail them back if they don't fit me, plus I'm very fussy when it comes to outfits! Next week though I'm hoping to get a new handbag and shoes out of my birthday money.

Had a nice weekend with my bf, we went for a bike ride and did lots of cooking. He left early this morning on the train back to Bristol, it feels like I haven't seen him for ages already and it was only 8 hours ago. Another 4 nights until I can see him again on Friday evening :frown:, on the plus side we will get 3 nights together which is a longer weekend than usual. I really need to wrap his presents up and I'm also going to try and bake him a cake/maybe some cupcakes, since we're having an early birthday for him at the weekend as I won't see him on tues which is his actual birthday.

So far today I've been to work for a 4 hour shift, also wrote an article (working part-time as a journo again writing news stories for a website/magazine that I wrote for last year), so I'm nervous about how my editor will take the first few stories, seeing as I'm rusty for having like a six-month gap in writing, but trying to reassure myself that if he didn't think I was good he wouldn't be paying me to write for him again.

Happy that my exams are over, but not going to enjoy the 3 month wait for results! My 6th season of SATC arrived today as well so that will keep me occupied later this evening.

What's everyone else up to this afternoon/night? I have a huge TO DO list to sort out. :confused:
Original post by Jellybean91

Tighten handbrake

I am by no means a car mechanic, but a lot of them don't seem too serious. Bar perhaps the front arm link. Things like tyres and handbrake tightening are pretty easily done. As for what it's worth, I'm not really sure. I traded in my old car and got £300 for it. It wasn't in bad condition either, so I wouldn't expect much for yours :unsure:

:frown: So sorry you're having to put up with this lovely, really hope it gets sorted soon :hugs:

Argh! Observation by the Head and deputy tomorrow. Getting anything less than "Good" is absolutely not an option :s-smilie: Please send good luck vibes my way!
Original post by Stray_talk
I am by no means a car mechanic, but a lot of them don't seem too serious. Bar perhaps the front arm link. Things like tyres and handbrake tightening are pretty easily done. As for what it's worth, I'm not really sure. I traded in my old car and got £300 for it. It wasn't in bad condition either, so I wouldn't expect much for yours :unsure:

:frown: So sorry you're having to put up with this lovely, really hope it gets sorted soon :hugs:

Argh! Observation by the Head and deputy tomorrow. Getting anything less than "Good" is absolutely not an option :s-smilie: Please send good luck vibes my way!

Nah i'm not trading her in I meant to say how much for the repairs :tongue: sorry ive only just realised how that actually reads! Thankfully i'm not the one footing the bill! But i'm still hoping they're not too serious (although it all sounds like gibberish to me)! I just want her to pass an mot for once :sigh: shes not passed one first time in the 3 years ive had her!

ooh good luck for the observationn :biggrin: I'm sure you'll do great!

Latest