The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3360
Original post by accessstudent
have you not got your letter yet, im sure your head has been turned, good luck hope postie brings you good news x

Thank You!! I'm still waiting lol been up since 7am waiting but known my luck it'll be lunch time before he shows!! Feel so nervous just really want to know either way good or bad xx
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 3361
Ok so I got into queens :smile:))))) BUT due to personal circumstances I couldn't get my access course moderated for sep instead it will be nov! Does anyone know what I could do to keep my place I am desparate beyond words and my circumstances really are extenuating! I know I have the grades to get in i just don't have it on paper until November that's two months into the course. Any help greatly appreciated I am at my wits end ATM.

Lilo xx
(edited 11 years ago)
For people on the reserve list - did it specify what you are on reserve list for or does it just say nursing? My first choice was ld but my letter just says nursing ?
Reply 3363
Oh god my postman has been and still no letter!! :-(. When I rang yesterday they told me it was posted and that I would have it by today, does anyone know of anybody else with this problem?
Original post by EmmaD123
Oh god my postman has been and still no letter!! :-(. When I rang yesterday they told me it was posted and that I would have it by today, does anyone know of anybody else with this problem?

Dont worry! They send them out in different batches! Maybe they just sent your yesterday which means you wont get it until monday. Dont worry :smile: What branch have you applied for?
Reply 3365
Original post by jordanxo
19! :smile: I'm glad to find someone roughly the same age as me :smile: where you from?

Yeah me too :-) I'm from Armagh, whereabouts are you from? :-)
Reply 3366
Original post by RO'R
Yeah me too :-) I'm from Armagh, whereabouts are you from? :-)

Carrickfergus :smile: what's your name? :smile:
Reply 3367
Carrickfergus :smile: what's your name? :smile:

Rachel O'Reilly, lol oh my god this is so exciting lol what is your name?:-)
Reply 3368
Original post by RO'R
Rachel O'Reilly, lol oh my god this is so exciting lol what is your name?:-)

Jordan McKee :smile: I know it's so exciting, in a couple of months We'l actually be training to be nurses! It's so exciting talking to other people who will be there too! Do you have facebook? :smile:
Reply 3369
I was just about to ask you that haha! Yes I do, I will add you... Is your your cover photo like a group of people? Dont want to add some randomer :L
Reply 3370
Original post by RO'R
I was just about to ask you that haha! Yes I do, I will add you... Is your your cover photo like a group of people? Dont want to add some randomer :L

YEs it is :smile:
Reply 3371
Hi got my letter yesterday starting adult nursing september. Does anyone know do we have to do anything further with our reference or do queens just look at them now. Also when do we have to get injections by if we need them.
Reply 3372
YEs it is :smile:

added ya lol
Reply 3373
Think I will be the oldest on the course at 39 - anyone beat that? Any one near killyleagh that needs a lift up let me know.....
Reply 3374
I am 30 with 2 year old twin boys. I can't believe got in, will not believe until official letter arrives.
Reply 3375
Hi everyone :smile: I got an offer for adult nursing in September. Can't wait but just hope my grades work out! Was just wondering do we have do get the BCG immunisation before the health check is sent? :smile:
Unsuccessful. I'm absolutely gutted and will just have to take a year out and apply again :/ Really wanted this but I guess everyone can't get a place :frown: Still though... gah ;'(
Reply 3377
Original post by gclarke607
yes! keep in touch too :smile: and thats a good idea, i read last years forum and it says that all that stuff is usually sorted out on some induction day/first week of uni ( im guessing thats bursaries) but it doesnt sound very right for accomodation. I think that queens offer temporary 6 week accomodation for nursing incase your placement is far away so you dont waste money on the 6 weeks that you are away on placement!

will do :smile:, aw that means we wouldnt even be getting our bursaries at the start of the term either - i hate how the nursing application is so different from all the rest :frown: yeah someone told me that we just apply for accomodation as normal now because places will become available as people start to decline offers, dont get the grade etc. aw thats handy then with that accomodation during placement!
Original post by Gjones10
I am 30 with 2 year old twin boys. I can't believe got in, will not believe until official letter arrives.

Im 32 and start adult in september, still hasnt sank in yet x
Original post by am40
Think I will be the oldest on the course at 39 - anyone beat that? Any one near killyleagh that needs a lift up let me know.....

Im 32, what intake are you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending