The Student Room Group

Student discount at the Apple store?

Ive just recently finished year 11 :smile: and hope to get an imac ( a birthday, exam gift, + we need a new computer anyway, the one we have is outdated). Anyway i was wondering could i get the student discount at the store or do i have to do it online, if i could what sort of id do i need to prove that im a secondary student. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Reply 1
on the apple website you can get the discount when ur in seccondary and further education(6th form).. check it son http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/education_routing
If you buy it from school server it automatically detects it and you get a bigger discount I think.
Reply 3
I think you have to be in uni for that
Reply 4
You'll get a much bigger discount if you do it from the school's network, and when you're spending that kind of money its massively worth it. I can't imagine how I could've bought a mac when I was in school though, so your best bet is asking someone who is at uni to do it for you. Whatever you do, don't just buy it from home/store.
Reply 5
Link for ucl store http://store.apple.com/uk_edu_5000828/

They rarely verify if your at that University, so I've heard. And if they do, just cancel the order and try something else.
Original post by robo donkey
Do it in store then and have something to prove you're from the secondary school and still in education, which might be difficult if you've finished Year 11. You're not a student, you're a pupil, learn the difference I suggest before calling a trainee teacher 'son', though I'll chalk that one down to inexperience. The discount automatically shows up on the education section of the Apple shop anyway so you can probably just order it straight through on there.

I hope you won't be as judgemental with your pupils, if you ever get a job that is. Look at what he has said, it's quite clearly a typo. Meant to say 'check it's on'.

Jump off that high horse.
Original post by robo donkey
Do it in store then and have something to prove you're from the secondary school and still in education, which might be difficult if you've finished Year 11. You're not a student, you're a pupil, learn the difference I suggest before calling a trainee teacher 'son', though I'll chalk that one down to inexperience. The discount automatically shows up on the education section of the Apple shop anyway so you can probably just order it straight through on there.

Stop being such a douche, I feel sorry for the poor STUDENTS that have you as a 'teacher'. Get off you high horse and get a grip on yourself, aren't teachers (and STUDENT teachers) supposed to be "professional" :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Original post by Mo_maths
Ive just recently finished year 11 :smile: and hope to get an imac ( a birthday, exam gift, + we need a new computer anyway, the one we have is outdated). Anyway i was wondering could i get the student discount at the store or do i have to do it online, if i could what sort of id do i need to prove that im a secondary student. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

I think the best thing to do would be to call the number on the website and explain the situation and see what you need to do or even go into the store (if there is one near by)
Original post by Mo_maths

The school networks don't work you're gonna have to do it in person, although i'm not sure how much discount if any you will get for a year 11 who's not even confirmed as a sixth former yet. uni gets 15% for the pure reason that they know people will see them all over campus. Not many people are gonna see your imac at home :tongue:
Original post by mrshinyshoes
The school networks don't work you're gonna have to do it in person, although i'm not sure how much discount if any you will get for a year 11 who's not even confirmed as a sixth former yet. uni gets 15% for the pure reason that they know people will see them all over campus. Not many people are gonna see your imac at home :tongue:

I think it's like 7% for sixth formers and teachers whilst being 14% for uni students :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest