The Student Room Group

What are your thoughts on Bath?

It looks like a nice University, but I think their offer is slightly higher than what other Economics courses of similar prestige require. It's more competitive than I would have thought!

Can anyone offer any insight into the pros and cons of Bath's Economics course?
Reply 1
Bath is an excellent university and their Economics programme is extremely good and well regarded. They also have strong links with the finance sector and have an active investment society.

A typical offer of A*AA is high, true, but most good programmes these days are AAA, and further, if we're honest, it isn't difficult to obtain A* in A-Level Maths.
Reply 2
Hope to hear some opinions on Bath as well. I've got offers for Nottingham pure econs and for the sandwich course in Bath. I'm almost set on firming Nottingham, but hope to hear more about the course at Bath too. Would appreciate any opinions and thoughts.
Reply 3
Original post by cannon0414
Hope to hear some opinions on Bath as well. I've got offers for Nottingham pure econs and for the sandwich course in Bath. I'm almost set on firming Nottingham, but hope to hear more about the course at Bath too. Would appreciate any opinions and thoughts.

Didn't you have to firm your choices by May or something?
Reply 4
Original post by Hebbamundo
It looks like a nice University, but I think their offer is slightly higher than what other Economics courses of similar prestige require. It's more competitive than I would have thought!

Can anyone offer any insight into the pros and cons of Bath's Economics course?

Not specifically to do with the course, but it has an amazing campus and very good sports facilities.
But careers wise they seem to know what they are doing, at least that was the impression I got from the post-app open day. Also the placement year is pretty good.
Reply 5
Original post by cannon0414

If you don't mind me asking, why are you almost certain on firming Nottingham?
Reply 6
Original post by .ACS.
If you don't mind me asking, why are you almost certain on firming Nottingham?

Well I'm an international student, and I feel nottingham has a better international reputation as compared to bath. I've been to talks by the nottingham school of economics and have been very impressed by their course structure and graduate prospects.

I don't know much about bath's course but I'm aware that the work placement year is very beneficial.

Could you provide any advice on these 2 courses?

Quick Reply

Latest