The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4220
I can't believe I'm in year 11 now! And I'm still 4 foot 9 ><

Actually, I've already techincally started year 11, because at my school we do three weeks of the following year before the summer holidays, so I was in year 11 since the end of May. Still, it's going to be scary going back knowing I'm in year 11!

I took ICT and Art last year and this year I've taken Textiles and Philosophy and Ethics. I'm 'bricking' it, as some would say. My memory just doesn't serve me well sometimes :-(
Original post by mir0rb

Actually, I've already techincally started year 11, because at my school we do three weeks of the following year before the summer holidays, so I was in year 11 since the end of May. Still, it's going to be scary going back knowing I'm in year 11!

I took ICT and Art last year and this year I've taken Textiles and Philosophy and Ethics. I'm 'bricking' it, as some would say. My memory just doesn't serve me well sometimes :-(

Hi there, are you new round here? I don't think I've seen you post in this thread before :smile:

I'm only 5ft. Forever a midget :redface:

I do ICT, Art and Philosophy too :smile: Not textiles though, I can't sew for toffee! :tongue:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Critical Thinking and General Studies - LMAO!:facepalm:

I don't have so much of a problem with CT as I do with GS. I can't make myself dislike AS Critical Thinking purely because it's taught by the best teacher ever (this guy has Mr. T bubble bath in his cupboard, along with whips :awesome:)

If we were forced to do it at A-Level, then I might object, due to it taking away study time from other subjects, but it's THAT TEACHER :ahee:

We're doing General Studies GCSE, but I'm ok with that, because a) it's a GCSE and b) we'd otherwise be doing Citizenship, including coursework - not anymore :biggrin: oh and also c) guess who's teaching it? THAT TEACHER :ahee:
Original post by mir0rb

I feel.so.short.too!!! 5"6... :frown:
Original post by MangoFreak
I don't have so much of a problem with CT as I do with GS. I can't make myself dislike AS Critical Thinking purely because it's taught by the best teacher ever (this guy has Mr. T bubble bath in his cupboard, along with whips :awesome:)

If we were forced to do it at A-Level, then I might object, due to it taking away study time from other subjects, but it's THAT TEACHER :ahee:

We're doing General Studies GCSE, but I'm ok with that, because a) it's a GCSE and b) we'd otherwise be doing Citizenship, including coursework - not anymore :biggrin: oh and also c) guess who's teaching it? THAT TEACHER :ahee:

I am guessing... That THAT teacher is beyond awesomeness... :P
Original post by mir0rb
4 foot 9

:lolwut:

Laughing at your height (I'm not trying to insult, I swear :smile:) aside, I'm still not seeing why Year 11 would feel any different, at least up to exam season, despite what people are saying :dontknow:

On that note,
Dougieowner
DOUGIE!
change the thread title pretty please to Year 11, you should do that like yeah :awesome: no rush :biggrin:
I am guessing... That THAT teacher is beyond awesomeness... :P

Oh yah! :awesome:

Oh, and by the way guys, just thought I'd mention that I'm rocking a height of 6"2' - 6"4' :ahee:

Still thin as a toothpick though :unimpressed:

How is that a bad thing?! :tongue:
Original post by themancunian
theoretical physics!

Gordon Freeman? Is that you? :ahee:

Ignore me if you have no idea what I'm talking about :tongue:
Oh yah! :awesome:

Oh, and by the way guys, just thought I'd mention that I'm rocking a height of 6"2' - 6"4' :ahee:

Jealous :frown: a meager height of 5"6 against a staggering giant (relatively) of 6"3 (average).. :unimpressed:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
How is that a bad thing?! :tongue:

Well, I'm not saying I want to be a chubster :ahee: but a slower metabolism might be useful in gaining SOME muscle mass.
Jealous :frown: a meager height of 5"6 against a staggering giant (relatively) of 6"3 (average).. :unimpressed:

5' 6" is still giant compared to me! Some of the current Year 6s who came in for induction day were taller than me.... :sigh:
5' 6" is still giant compared to me! Some of the current Year 6s who came in for induction day were taller than me.... :sigh:

Oh don't worry :wink: years below me are giants :frown:

That reminds me of this Year 7 (probably 8 now, actually I have no idea, someone younger than me) who was like an inch taller than me when I was about 6"0' :colonhash: I think he was younger than me to such a degree that the height was significant.
Bah, height doesn't matter guys! It's what's inside, or some other touchy-feely crap...I could go on to describe this concept in terms of subjective ideas and opinionated beliefs, but who has the time? :ahee:
Bah, height doesn't matter guys! It's what's inside, or some other touchy-feely crap...I could go on to describe this concept in terms of subjective ideas and opinionated beliefs, but who has the time? :ahee:

Lol, I have a large personality to make up for my lack.of height! :biggrin: it's so big in fact, that I have to be very careful with it, :ninja:
Errmm... a week ago? :biggrin:

:lol: And had she?

She said not, although how true that is is debatable :biggrin:
Gordon Freeman? Is that you? :ahee:

Ignore me if you have no idea what I'm talking about :tongue:

"telepathically" Are you Alyx Vance? :beer: - City 17 is about to blow! (Woo Half-Life! - Still waiting fir HL3...)
Reply 4238
Woah! Epic :wink: 12 A*s ay? In what?

English Lit
English Lang
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
History
Drama
Textiles
Chinese
French
Religious Studies
Original post by taamuuu
English Lit
English Lang
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
History
Drama
Textiles
Chinese
French
Religious Studies

I do all those except drama, textiles and Chinese... Instead I'll have geography, business, media, other stuff.