The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Chelsea MK II
Reply 2
Human Rights FC
Reply 3
haha City are on the up for sure.

Imagine Ronaldinho , Elano , Geovani and Jo playing together.

Whats the record for having the most brazilian players on the pitch?
excusing the brazil national time obviously.

City are sure to break the record hahaha
Reply 4
TomStudent
haha City are on the up for sure.

Imagine Ronaldinho , Elano , Geovani and Jo playing together.

Whats the record for having the most brazilian players on the pitch?
excusing the brazil national time obviously.

City are sure to break the record hahaha

I assume excluding the Brazilian leagues as well? :p:
AC Milan have six in the squad (and did have more - Cafu and Serginho have both retired and Ricardo Oliveira's been sold to Real Zaragoza), and Inter Milan have five...City still have a little way to go before they're breaking any records :p:
Reply 5
I like Man City, as they took Benjani under their wing, and will make him into a much better player.

However, the owner/chairman/whatever he is, i have come to dislike him, very much so.

Dos Santos :party:

And if he decides to sell Micah Richards, then well, he needs to be shot.

Good team, interesting team... :yy:
Reply 6
Thaksin (chairman) today said he would not sell micah richards.
Geovani Dos santos + ronaldinho look like they want to come to city
Jo is on his way too.

We'de have the most brazilians in EPL for sure.

we have 2 now, and have possibilit of having 5/6
Reply 7
Good news then, Micah belongs to Man City.

And it's about time someone brought Ronaldinho & Jo to the Premiership.

Jo will be an awesome signing.

Dos Santos would just be that icing on the cake.. Finish it up nicely.
Thaksin is an absolute bell end
Reply 9
yeah agreed.

Jo is lively striker. and has been eyed up by all the top european clubs.

Ronaldinho wants a new challenge, and his agent/brother told thaksin he has a lot of magic left in him and is getting close to the player he was.

Dos santos , well what can i say about him, did you see his hatrick against real murcia!

Pure class.
Reply 10
joeydeacon
Thaksin is an absolute bell end

Understatement of the century... Harsh, but true...

I think if them 3 do sign for City, then they will be almost lethal - As long as Ronaldinho doesn't drop like he has recently.

Dos Santos - Dude, i am a Barca fan - he is aweseome. yeah, he will be quality, even in the PL.. Not sure if he the 'next Ronaldinho' though.. Maybe something better *just*.

I hope Ronnie can relight the magic he has had in the past. Maybe at City, he can do that.. :smile:
Reply 11
I thought tottenham were favourites for dos Santos? And you know he's from Mexico so can't count towards the brazillian recordbreaking?
Hughes = poor man's Graeme Souness
Reply 13
jose
I thought tottenham were favourites for dos Santos? And you know he's from Mexico so can't count towards the brazillian recordbreaking?

Of course.... :teeth:

Hughes will do a good job at City... If not, then well, the cookie crumbles in odd ways.
city for at least fourth spot this season, and the FA cup
City fan here. I was definitely sorry to see Sven go, but I think we've got a good replacement in Hughes. With the transfer money he looks certain to receive, he should do a good job for us, just like at Blackburn where he had much less cash to play with.

I really don't know what to make of the Ronaldinho move. He's already had good experience with the city fans, so hopefully that'll tip the scales! :p: I remember seeing City play Barcelona in a friendly a few years back. Ronaldinho had just turned down a move to Man Utd. in favour of Barca, so every time he got the ball, he was roundly cheered : 'Ronaldinho is a blue...he hates units'

I hope Dunne and Richards will still be with us next season.
with people like ronaldinho on the cards i take it the interest in crouch has died off lol?
Reply 17
We want Dunne :p:

To replace the old & borderline museum piece Sol Campbell :biggrin:

Would you honestly miss Dunne? With the amount of other talent you have at your disposal?

Has the owner got his money back yet? As it was frozen wasn't it?
Reply 18
undercover agent
with people like ronaldinho on the cards i take it the interest in crouch has died off lol?

I don't know.. I've heard he's got good feet for a big man:rolleyes:
Reply 19
undercover agent

Well, here's the dealio;

Ronaldinho - COuld get him for a possible £14m-£16m*.

Crouch - Asking Price of £15m..

Who would you prefer to sign, if you had the money, and had the choice of Crouch or Ronnie...

Crouch is good, but not £15m good...

Just my opinion.

*estimated...

Latest