The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wasn't happy when my mum did it and I wouldn't do it to my own kids. I don't resent her for it though. I guess it depends on the parent and their morals.

Maybe because of it I react more aggressively when provoked but maybe its just my hair and temper :biggrin:
Reply 2
I was smacked on my bum as a child if I did something wrong, and I really don't resent them for it. I've turned out to be a respectful, well mannered and well behaved person, so it must have done me good.

The thing is though, there's a fine line between smacking a child when they've done something very wrong and beating them. And in no way is beating them gonna do them any good. I've never had a problem with being smacked, I guess times have changed though now.
it would worry me when a parent did it through anger - to release their anger.
the *only* time you should smack is when you are very calm. to make it clear that it wont be tolerated.

My parents never smacked me at all hard.
it was the fact that I had just been *smacked* (it was essentially a pat!) that meant I had realllly crossed the line and I would sob and sob and sob!
Reply 4
did me no harm as a kid

clip around the earhole...

thing is the goverment are so soft on kids hence the crimes and stabbing etc that happen

parents need power back! then we might get some order
Reply 5
samperry209
did me no harm as a kid

clip around the earhole...

thing is the goverment are so soft on kids hence the crimes and stabbing etc that happen

parents need power back! then we might get some order

Lol well I was never smacked but I don't go out stabbing people. :p:

But seriously, yeah, I do think more discipline would help restore some order.
My Dad never hit me or even like shouted at me and ive always had more respect for him, my mum used to smack on the bum or legs loads when i was younger when i was annoying her or something, probably because she couldnt be bothered to explain to me that whatever i was doing was wrong but i've never really listened to her that much so i used to just laugh, if my dad had ever hit me though i would be really hurt i think because i would be upset that i'd pushed him to do that because hes not a violent person at all and would even tell my mum not to hit me or my sisters because he didnt think it was right. Quite a few of my friends never got smacked either, i think theres just better ways of parenting nowadays.
I feel similarly. I generally see smacking as being unnecessary, in at least most situations.
Reply 8
I used to run around the house with my hands on my bum, scared of getting smacked haha.
Personally I think getting smacked as a child taught me not to be a spoilt bitch like my sister :smile: It disciplined me.

Most of my friends got smacked. We had canes. One time, my father whacked me and I peed myself scared. Then I got told off for ruining the carpet :biggrin:
I thought this would be about something kinky after reading the title lol.
Reply 11
i used to get hit. doesnt change how i feel about my parents. if anything im quite glad that they disciplined when necessary.
have you ever spoken to your rents about what you think about it?
peachy
I was smacked on my bum as a child if I did something wrong, and I really don't resent them for it. I've turned out to be a respectful, well mannered and well behaved person, so it must have done me good.

The thing is though, there's a fine line between smacking a child when they've done something very wrong and beating them. And in no way is beating them gonna do them any good. I've never had a problem with being smacked, I guess times have changed though now.

well put.

I was a pain in the arse as a child and fully deserved my arse being slapped, which was a regular occurance, never did me any harm though.
*HullaBaLoO*

Ditto.
Reply 14
I used to get smacked it made me hate my mum, didn't make a difference to how i behaved or the person i've become today.
*HullaBaLoO*

You can always give me your address :yep:

Yeah my dad used ta smack me with a belt but hey it's done me a world of good. It's got some sense into me for sure.
I used to get slapped if I did something wrong - I never did it again. I respect my parents for it and if my child is naughty to a degree they need to be taught a harsh lesson, they will be smacked.

I believe its ok, obv to a degree, to give a smack on the bum, back of the legs. Anything that leaves a long mark i.e a bruise isn't right
I think discipline in the home is what has really gone downhill and probably has lead to many of the problems we see with behaviour in society on the whole today. I was smacked as a kid and boy did it make me learn! There is something about physical punishment that people understand more than any verbal/'psychological' punisment and personally I feel there is most definately a place for corporal punisment in the home/society (but dont get me started on this!)
Reply 18
I don't resent my parents for smacking me cause I had my jeans on it didn't hurt much however if it had of been bare bum I would as thats like sexual abuse in a way.

op get over it don't be a wuss most of us used to get smacked at least once in a while
Reply 19
My parents used to do it to me, but i used to fart on their hands and giggle every time. It used to wind them up so much.

Latest

Trending

Trending