The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Finally got my Worcester team to the championship after winning the league 1 play off final! Think i'm going to struggle though, board have given me £1.5 million surprisingly but I have a bad habit of wasting entire transfer budgets on one player :colondollar:

had to sign him really, his the next ron vlaar, lets hope so
Original post by Louis.
It must make it near impossible for players with a low pen taking attribute to score, they weren't even getting them on target most of the time.

It's a complete lucky dip tbh, I've had truly awful penalty takers score and guys with high stats for penalty taking and composure blaze over.
:teeth:

Off season atm, trying to sign the right players. Looking for a back up left-back (not desperately) and perhaps a AML. There isn't really anyone I want that badly and my team doesn't need that much improving. I have £30m to spend. :deal: My headache is which of my youngsters I should send out on loan.
Reply 44
Original post by robinson999

had to sign him really, his the next ron vlaar, lets hope so

Some good stats, but a bit of a pussy isn't he. 5 Strength and 5 Aggression.
Reply 45
In true Tottenham fashion the wheels have well and truly fallen off my season. Last few games:

Man Utd (A)- 0-0
Chelsea (H)- 0-0
Real Madrid (H)- 0-0
Sunderland (H)- 3-2
Chelsea (A)- 0-0
Villa (A)- 0-3
Real Madrid (A)- 2-3

Both Chelsea games in the FA cup, went out on pens. The Villa game was awful, it was 3 days after the Chelsea game which went all the way through extra time so almost all of them were under 90%, about 5 under 70%, so I had to put the second team out. The Madrid game was the most annoying. Got a 0-0 draw at home which I didn't think would be enough, went to their place and went 2-0 up through VDV and Bale, then crumbled and conceded 3 goals in 8 minutes between 70 and 78 :facepalm2:

Gomes has been brilliant all season but had a 3.8 in that game :facepalm2:

8 points clear in the league with 9 games to go, should be enough of a lead despite my form.
Reply 46
In pure desperation I resorted to Defoe. He scored ffs :woohoo:

Incisive :sexface:
Reply 47
Original post by dnumberwang
dnumberwang, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
When I try to go on the group page.
The link in the OP doesn't work because you already joined the soc months ago. I haven't added a link to the soc's main page because frankly I don't see the point :p:
He's on my radar. I want him so bad but Bordeaux want £40m for him. :eek3:
Needs to learn to tackle
Alsoooooo I'm looking for a left back in the summer. Abidal is fine and all but he's 31 now, starting to drop aerobic stats and such. Money's not that much of an issue as I'm Barca, but I'm not interested in any stupid amounts. It's the first season. Any suggestions?

LB has traditionally been a difficult spot for me, seem to find it hard to find a solid and reliable one for some reason.
Reply 51
I got 1st in the English Premier League with Southampton!! YAYAYA I also won the EURO Cup, next season i'll try and push for the CL but I imagine i'll be unsuccessful. After winning that I'll go on to tackle Spain/Italy!
Reply 52
I started off as Welling, got them up from BSS to Championship being promoted season on season... Then got relegated, but still. Nothing better than starting as a ****e team
Original post by zxh800
Strength is an attribute that increases a lot with young players. That said 5 strength is hardly ideal. I'd not let a defender/ def midfielder with less than 10 anywhere near my first team and don't have a single player in those positions below 15. He's not fast enough for the pacey forwards nor strong enough for target men.

He's 15 though. I was worried about my 16 year old basque/ spanish def mid having 9 strength, but at 17 he now has 13.
Original post by zxh800

can always train him up, it will be at least a good 4 5 year till his a first team starter, if not i will sell him
on the other hand lukuku is becoming great for me,
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by Seanisonfire
Alsoooooo I'm looking for a left back in the summer. Abidal is fine and all but he's 31 now, starting to drop aerobic stats and such. Money's not that much of an issue as I'm Barca, but I'm not interested in any stupid amounts. It's the first season. Any suggestions?

LB has traditionally been a difficult spot for me, seem to find it hard to find a solid and reliable one for some reason.

Fabio Coentrao from Benfica? He has done a good job for me at Spurs, great going forward if you allow him and he cost £8mil in the first transfer window.

Gareth Bale? :ninja: I played him at LB against Madrid and he marked Ronaldo out of the game :awesome:

He does cost stupid money though. There's a young Spanish LB, I think he plays for Sporting (the Spanish ones) and I think he's called Angel, but I might be making either or both of them up. Search for Spanish LB's under 23 and you should find him, I think he's 20 at the start of the game but I don't know how far you are. Would keep the culture of the club :moon:
Reply 56
Allan McGregor's injured for a month and Neil Alexander can't catch a ball to save his life. I'm getting rather concerned that I seem to be conceding goals by my central defenders not making challenges on an advancing forward, the completely unopposed striker takes a shot which Alexander will almost always parry and then that striker or another forward gets the rebound to score. It's almost tempting to put Daniel Lopar in goal instead even though he's not as good in goal. And probably if Alexander does give away another goal because of parrying the ball into a striker's path, I will be replacing him. I wonder if I can get someone on loan from the English Premiership who can do the job.
Reply 57
Werder Bremen 0-2 Rangers

:woo:

I went with a counter-attacking 4-1-4-1. Wasn't much of a threat in open play (put it this way, Bremen had three times as many shots and shots ont target as I did), but I got just three corners in the whole game and scored from two of 'em :biggrin: I'm loving my big Swiss regen DC right now, as he got both goals :lovehug:

Bremen had a penalty but hit the post and knocked the rebound wide :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
not fair lost the champion league :emo: to barca 3-0
i'm real madird, lost everything to barca, given someone is playing as barca as well

they given me £115million to play with, i dunno who you sign, i need to sort out the back 4 really, well i have Lahm at left back, ideal need to look for a CB

maybe a good forward
Original post by Seanisonfire
Needs to learn to tackle

:yep: Hopefully I can improve that part of his game. I finally got him for £20m after unsettling the hell out of him.