The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I just finished "Watchmen" today, which is amazing. I'm not sure what I'm going to tackle next - I think I might read "Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders" by Neil Gaiman as I recommended "American Gods" to my boyfriend, and his discussing it is putting me in the mood for some of Gaiman's beautifully crafted fiction.
Reply 101
She Came to Stay - Simone De Beauvoir
Reply 102
Currently reading 'Game of Thrones' by George R. R. Martin. I'm not a massive fan of politics but the way this book is written it has just sucked me in, I've read about 300 pages in 3 days!

Also considering starting Girl who kicked the hornets nest to counter-balance the epic fantasy of Game of Thrones...
Reply 103
Original post by fatal
Currently reading 'Game of Thrones' by George R. R. Martin.

I read the books, which are awesome, but a TV series of them is also airing which is really good
Reply 104
Original post by kurovalte
I read the books, which are awesome, but a TV series of them is also airing which is really good

I'm planning to hunt it down online and watch it :smile: The book definately doesn't soften the edges! The first hundred pages has a poor little girl being coerced by her brother and a young boy nearly murdered!
Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit - Jeanette Winterson.
Written in 1985, pretty ahead of its time, about an adopted daughter in a really Christian family who wants to be a missionary when she grows up but realises she is a lesbian :O
Conrad's The Heart of darkness.
Going to start reading Angels & Demons [Dan Brown] :smile: hope it's good!
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold, for my English exam on Monday :afraid:

Still, could be a worse book.
Case Histories - Kate Atkinson
Reply 110
Les Enfants Terribles- Jean Cocteau
Reply 111
One flew over the cuckoo's nest - ken kesey

Really enjoying it! :woo:
Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
Original post by SilverDoe21
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold, for my English exam on Monday :afraid:

Still, could be a worse book.

I'm reading The Lovely Bones too, although not for an exam just for pleasure :smile:
Hope your exam goes well, I'm enjoying it so far.
George Orwell- 1984

Such a good book
I've just finished American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis and that was amazing. I'm now onto The Catcher In The RYe by JD Salinger, I've read the first two chapters and I'm not too impressed so far but we'll have to see. :smile:
Reply 116
The King's Speech - Mark logue
Clash of Kings - George R.R Martin
Reply 118
The Boy Who Kicked Pigs.
Reply 119
Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell

Quick Reply

Latest