The Student Room Group

Higher English 2011 Exam Result on 4 August

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I just looked at the higher english 2011 calculator and the way it works out, is that the folio doesn't actually make much difference to your score for the better, however if you don't have a great folio it could be potentially harder for you to get the grades you hoped for. Therefore, the grade boundaries will be similar to previous years.
(edited 12 years ago)
i mucked up one of my essays but the other one was ok, and i'm not sure about the close reading. i just failed the prelim so hopefully i've done a bit better in the exam, i only need a C in this as long as i get B's in my other subjects :smile:
Original post by roxanneleah
i mucked up one of my essays but the other one was ok, and i'm not sure about the close reading. i just failed the prelim so hopefully i've done a bit better in the exam, i only need a C in this as long as i get B's in my other subjects :smile:

I'm sure you have done well :smile:. I'm nervous about Higher English as this is the only subject I need to get into Primary teaching at Aberdeen starting in September. I only need a 'C' but I'm ****ting myself haha. I don't know how the Grade Boundaries will turn out. The Close Reading was okay - not too easy and not too hard. A lot of people were complaining that the Critical Essays had really bad questions but luckily two questions fitted my texts. I scrapped a 'B' in the prelim which was 60% lol.
Reply 23
I'm also waiting for this result, with increasingly low expectations. I literally couldn't have hated the paper more if I'd tried. Awful CR in my honest opinion and shocking essay questions. I had been hoping for at least a B, really an A, but I think I'll be lucky to have scraped a pass.

Anyways, I hope other people didn't share my experience and that everyone gets all they hoped for and more next week :smile:
Original post by _Stephieee
I'm also waiting for this result, with increasingly low expectations. I literally couldn't have hated the paper more if I'd tried. Awful CR in my honest opinion and shocking essay questions. I had been hoping for at least a B, really an A, but I think I'll be lucky to have scraped a pass.

Anyways, I hope other people didn't share my experience and that everyone gets all they hoped for and more next week :smile:

The CR was okay. I'm a but annoyed because there were more (A) questions and the CE questions were bad but luckily for me two questions suited my texts. I think the grade boundaries will be the same this year. What did you find hard about it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending