The Student Room Group

King's College London Dentistry Applicants 2012

King's College London Dentistry Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So who's applying? How's the preparation going: UKCAT, grades, work experience etc????
me! AABB at AS but one B was 3 marks the other 1 mark off :-( so just going to work harder this year. 702.5 in the UKCAT. Only the minimum work experience but been weekly volunteering for 4 years and involved in our sixth forms council
Original post by studentnumber1
Nice one mate! I love King's: its my ideal university.
I got 5 A's AS level and 710 UKCAT. Done 5 weeks work experience and volunteer weekly.
Your volunteering is highly impressive- 4 years is a very long time!!

add it here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Dental_Applicants_Stalking_2012#Kings_College.2C_London
Been there for a couple of years, more than happy to help with any questions.
Reply 5
Original post by splitstriker
Been there for a couple of years, more than happy to help with any questions.

ditto :smile:
Reply 6
Is there any cut off point for UKCAT score?
Reply 7
Original post by studentnumber1
Thank you very much, that's very kind of you.:smile:

What was the interview like? What sort of questions did they ask? What do Kings give lots of emphasis to in the application process?

When you get there you have to answer a question (usually ethical) on some paper, and then you bring that with you to the interview. You get about 10 minutes for this. There's no need to prepare for this.

It isn't a traditional interview - it's MMI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_mini_interview). You get 5 stations, 5 minutes at each station, and only one question at each. The questions are quite vague and open, so don't worry about them. I actually found it to be quite an enjoyable experience - I prefer MMI to the standard interview format. They didn't even ask me why I chose King's, or why dentistry! But they may have several questions they can choose from, so you may not get the same as me. Sorry I can't be more specific, I did sign a confidentiality thing.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by ad2010
Is there any cut off point for UKCAT score?

They don't use cutoffs... what score did you get?
Reply 9
Original post by goodgrades
I'm going to King's this year to study Dentistry - you're welcome to ask me any questions that you might have about applying :smile:

Hi There Can You Please Tell Me What Your GCSE and A Level Grades Are
Reply 10
Hey do you think its realistic for me to apply to Kings with 9A*s and 1A at GCSE, 4As at AS level and a UKCAT score of 653? My predicted grades are A*AA. Do you think my UKCAT score will be enough? Because the majority of students I know that have got into Kings have a UKCAT score of at least 700 :/ HELP? x
Original post by Paras_H
Hey do you think its realistic for me to apply to Kings with 9A*s and 1A at GCSE, 4As at AS level and a UKCAT score of 653? My predicted grades are A*AA. Do you think my UKCAT score will be enough? Because the majority of students I know that have got into Kings have a UKCAT score of at least 700 :/ HELP? x

I think you'd be in an excellent position with a good amount of work experience to back up your application. Good luck!
Original post by 1Boss
Hi There Can You Please Tell Me What Your GCSE and A Level Grades Are

I got 10 A* 2 A GCSE, A*AAA A Level, and 725 UKCAT
Reply 13

I'm Very Worried Know Because I Just Finished My GCSE's And Got BB In Double Science, A In Maths And B's In All The Rest And I'm Doing A Levels In Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics. Do You Think I Can Still Get Into Dentistry With Those GCSE's If I Do Well In My A Levels.
Reply 14

Kings admissions will jizz over that. :colone:
Reply 15
Original post by snoooze
Kings admissions will jizz over that. :colone:

they already have seeing as he's not applying for 2012 entry but hes already started king's this year
Reply 16
Original post by afshan93
they already have seeing as he's not applying for 2012 entry but hes already started king's this year

didn't realise as I didn't read the whole thread :biggrin:
Reply 17
I got 630 ukcat. 7A* 3A GCSE and AAAB at AS level..

Is it worth a shot to try kings? I really want to move to london!
Anyone else applying to kings biomed course as a 5th?
Reply 19
I'm going to King's this year to study Dentistry - you're welcome to ask me any questions that you might have about applying :smile:

if i have very strong grades, can i still get in with a low ukcat score of 610

Quick Reply

Latest