The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL: 2012 Graduate Scheme Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jermaindefoe
can someone help me out with some "smaller" organisations to persue please in the financial sector that would have technology based roles?

Thanks very much

Usually technology based roles might be even harder to get in smaller institutions cause they will just use third party software. Apply to banks and see how it goes. If it all fails then next shot is trying the recruitment agencies but they would usually need some experience...
Reply 361
They asked me for my A-Level grades today (more specifically the equivalent from my home country). Maybe that's the reason for the rejection, as they are fairly average and I guess they expected sth way better, according to their email.
No test invitation for me.

I do not really get it, because this application was done with very good preparation and I have relevant internships, top uni grades etc.
Original post by tradingInfinity
Usually technology based roles might be even harder to get in smaller institutions cause they will just use third party software. Apply to banks and see how it goes. If it all fails then next shot is trying the recruitment agencies but they would usually need some experience...

i have a year in industry :dontknow:
Original post by Heini
They asked me for my A-Level grades today (more specifically the equivalent from my home country). Maybe that's the reason for the rejection, as they are fairly average and I guess they expected sth way better, according to their email.

I do not really get it, because this application was done with very good preparation and I have relevant internships, top uni grades etc.

Thats not very good. Sometimes I wonder it would be nice to work in HR and understand how this all works. Do an internship there get the insights and then apply for the job you want :smile:, too late for us now.
Original post by jermaindefoe
i have a year in industry :dontknow:

Thats good then. I would recommend create a profile on eFinancialCareers and then search for some junior roles there and apply. You might also get some random recruiters call with jobs if you CV is good (might even get bombarded with calls if it is exceptional)!
Reply 365
Original post by Heini

Original post by Heini
i think the last 4 questions were hard. for 2 of them i had to guess... but there are 24, so no problem.

well if u got to see what the last 4 questions looked like u should b happy, its people like u that make me look bad -__-
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by lady9957
I had it too. How did you find it?

Pretty tough, wasn't expecting some of the questions they threw at me for what was meant to be a competancy interview. Unsurprisingly got a rejection today. How about you?
Reply 367
Original post by Esco910
did anybody else find the nomura logical reasoning test impossible to finish?

Yes, very much so
Reply 368
Original post by Heini

They asked me for my grades as well like 4 days back and then after I send the grades the same day, I just got a reply thank you and we will get back to you. After how long did they reply to you with rejection email?
Thats good then. I would recommend create a profile on eFinancialCareers and then search for some junior roles there and apply. You might also get some random recruiters call with jobs if you CV is good (might even get bombarded with calls if it is exceptional)!

account created :smile:
I just logged onto the RBS website and the is a new update saying "Telephone booking technical issues resolved." hmmmmm! Anyone got an invite as yet? Or just the mail saying keep waiting before we reject you lol!
just the mail.

anyone have db recruitment e-mail? I have one person in particular but don't want to bother her with this.
When you login to your application I know there is an option there to contact the team?

Because I did once when I started the application for Trading Analyst and the closed it in 3 days so when I returned about like a week+ I could not save stuff lol, so I contacted them and they said it was closed at " 01/09/2011 at 15:53 GMT"! Good that I did not spend too much time on it!
Reply 373
Original post by AHG
They asked me for my grades as well like 4 days back and then after I send the grades the same day, I just got a reply thank you and we will get back to you. After how long did they reply to you with rejection email?

I sent off the application on Wednesday afternoon, they asked for grades Friday morning and I got rejected Friday evening.

Good luck!
Reply 374
Thats not very good. Sometimes I wonder it would be nice to work in HR and understand how this all works. Do an internship there get the insights and then apply for the job you want :smile:, too late for us now.

That's true. Anyone may want to keep in mind that HR might have some, from our perspective, arbitrary criteria that exist for weeding out people. I do not want to know how many people apply to HSBC just because there are so few other applications for full time trading positions possible. If times were better, I would probably not have applied there at all.
Reply 375
Original post by Ludovic_88
just the mail.

anyone have db recruitment e-mail? I have one person in particular but don't want to bother her with this.

Which division are you looking for?
Reply 376
Original post by Heini
I sent off the application on Wednesday afternoon, they asked for grades Friday morning and I got rejected Friday evening.

Good luck!

Mate...got the rejection email 1hr back...same reason I guess. this is retarded.
Original post by Frontier
Which division are you looking for?

Just a general one for db, it's a technical issue that's taking forever and getting nowhere with the query form
HSBC rejecting on Saturday too?!?! Must be a hard year!
Reply 379
Original post by Alpha Paradox
Pretty tough, wasn't expecting some of the questions they threw at me for what was meant to be a competancy interview. Unsurprisingly got a rejection today. How about you?

I had one yesterday, and found it challenging. But, I think I managed to answer most of them reasonably well. I need to wait though, I didn't hear back from them yet. Have you done an internship in M&A?

Quick Reply

Latest