The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

anyone going Roehampton Uni 2012 ?

Are you going to Roehampton Uni in 2012 ?
if so what are you planning on studying ? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I've just graduated from there, so any questions let me know :smile:
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by BasedOnmind.
I'm applying for Media and Culture/Marketing/Marketing and Multimedia.Still considering exactly what to choose.

I know how you feel ..Hope you find out soon what you will actually apply for. Marketing and Multimedia sounds really interesting though. Have you been to any of the open days yet ?
Reply 3
Original post by BeautifullyTragic
I've just graduated from there, so any questions let me know :smile:

Thank you , I will do!
Reply 4
I have never heard of it!

I will use my internets ... wtf! its 97th according to the guardian 2012 league table :eek:. Cant you go anywhere else, its quite a challenge going to a worse place!

What are you planning to study?
Reply 5
Original post by torchwood

I will use my internets ... wtf! its 97th according to the guardian 2012 league table :eek:. Cant you go anywhere else, its quite a challenge going to a worse place!

:/ Really

I have been there before..Its a really beautiful place . I have been on contact with the Lecturers.. Im going to be taking psychotherapy. They gave me the right guidance and advice that I needed.

It wont be a challenge unless I see it that way.

Come on .. can't be that bad. In my opinion, Roehampton has such low ranks because of the small number of programmes that it offers, focused only on couple of major departments. It also has a different philosophy regarding the number of students.

Roehampton is going to be near the bottom in general because they don't do such typical subjects such as maths etc, and only became a Uni in its own right not long ago. However it has a long history as seperate colleges and as part of the University of Surrey, and for teaching, dance, psychotherapy and probably a few others it is fastly becoming one of the best, like another poster said, in specific areas.

The only bad thing I can say about the place is that I've never found the website to be very user friendly, however I know they're in the process of revamping it.

OP I don't know much about any of the other subjects other than Dance, but research into the specific course and see if it offers what you want. League tables aren't everything, experience counts for a lot!
And actually I saw a table on TSR not long ago ranking Universitys according to employability after graduation or something, and Roehampton came near tghe top 10. I'll try and find it now
Hi,
I currently go to Roehampton Uni and study Primary Education, am in my third year now.

I think when looking for Universities, people can get hung up on League Tables instead of looking at somewhere and deciding whether they're going to have a good experience there, be inspired and get a good degree. There is an Open Day this Saturday (8th) if you want to look around campus, accommodation and find out about the University, course and department you're interested in.
Original post by RUAmbassador
Hi,
I currently go to Roehampton Uni and study Primary Education, am in my third year now.

I think when looking for Universities, people can get hung up on League Tables instead of looking at somewhere and deciding whether they're going to have a good experience there, be inspired and get a good degree. There is an Open Day this Saturday (8th) if you want to look around campus, accommodation and find out about the University, course and department you're interested in.

would you say you're enjoying it there? Because to me it looks really big and the accomodation looks bad.

Anyway i might apply this year for joint course.
Original post by hannahchan
would you say you're enjoying it there? Because to me it looks really big and the accomodation looks bad.

Whitelands accommodation looks quite good to me.

It depends which accomodation you would prefer and where you are; Digby Stuart for example has a range of halls ranging from Lee House; 7-8 people per flat with en suites (lived in my 1st year) to Bede which is corridor style and the kitchens are rather small.

As for being big, it's actually rather small compared to other universitys. It is however the only London campus uni, so everything's in one place rather than being spread out over the city.

Hi,
Sounds good, what courses are you interested in?
You can get a chance to see some of the accommodation if you attend an Open Day.
I do enjoy going to Roehampton because I love the course I do, the area and have got on really well here.
There are only 8000 or so students which is a small Uni; it's just all in one place which gives it a friendly, community feel to it. I have found the staff to be passionate and helpful and the campus is really pretty.
It's about 30 minutes or so from Central London and Kingston, Richmond and Putney are really close by.
I lived in Accommodation in first year and found it nice. I was in one of the newer
ones (Aspen) sharing a kitchen/common room with 6 other people but we all had an en-suite. They range a bit in price so it depends what you're after: http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/admissions/accommodation/oncampus/hallsofresidence/index.html
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Whitelands accommodation looks quite good to me.

Sorry for the late post but that is not the area where I want to study.
Does Roehampton have a Tennis Club? I'm not interested in taking part of competitions.
Does Roehampton have a Tennis Club? I'm not interested in taking part of competitions.

Hi,
Yes, they do. If you don't want to play matches, you can just go along to the weekly social tennis.

It quite a new university gaining university status in 2004. Before than it was a college of some sort so its not really had time to establish itself yet. Maybe in another 20 years it will be more famous!
Reply 18
I just got an offer to do business and management there which is basically human resources, i think it will defo be one of my choices if i don't get surrey :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by skball
I just got an offer to do business and management there which is basically human resources, i think it will defo be one of my choices if i don't get surrey :smile:

one of my friends has taken that degree at roehampton , shes in her last year. She seems to be enjoying it... no complains !

Quick Reply