The Student Room Group

The Edexcel D1 (18/05/12 - AM) Revision Thread

Revision thread for the D1 exam.

I have now included the Jan 2012 paper and model answers.

I will start a new thread and include the paper and solutions to the exam on Friday (Friday night, if I am still awake after midnight).

In the next few posts I will upload some past papers, mark schemes etc

note - I will happily remove anything I have uploaded if requested by site admin.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Current Spec Papers

Some of the answer books are contained in the exam paper file (after the questions!)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
thanks for that :smile:
Reply 8
Thank you :biggrin:

Watching this thread.
Reply 9
Thanks for the definitions, are they all the ones that we need?

Effin hate D1, the algorithms are easy in themselves but the definitions and the need to be so neat and show everything is annoying.
Oopsie so completely missed this thread and started my own :s so anyways I've just started revision for D1 and I was wondering if anyone who had done the exam could offer hints or tips? Or anyone revising now, how are you revising? Just general d1 chitchat is good too x
Arsey does D1 as well now?
Reply 13
Original post by Arsey
Practice Papers

Hi Arsey, thanks for the resources. Do you happen to have mark schemes for the practice papers and mock paper?
Reply 14
Original post by Hudzy
Hi Arsey, thanks for the resources. Do you happen to have mark schemes for the practice papers and mock paper?

Second this request!

The solomon papers do have some stuff from old syllabus and possibly other exam boards since it doesn't say 'for edexcel' in the corner. but many of the questions are still relevant and a bit more challenging than what is likely to come up in the paper so definitely a good resource and practice for anyone who wants 100
Original post by Hudzy

Third this request! Would be really helpful as there is one question i'm not sure about on the practice papers! :smile:
Thanks Arsey, especially for those defintions.

Grde boundaries for 80+ is not really consistent compared to the core modules

Any reason why?

edit: looking at the jan grade boundaries, they are always higher :hmmmm: no silly mistakes afforded :redface:

edit 2: i can't seem to open the defintions word doc, any help?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by This Honest
Thanks Arsey, especially for those defintions.

Grde boundaries for 80+ is not really consistent compared to the core modules

Any reason why?

edit: looking at the jan grade boundaries, they are always higher :hmmmm: no silly mistakes afforded :redface:

edit 2: i can't seem to open the defintions word doc, any help?

Arrghhh always make silly mistakes on D1 its too particular and its too easy to lose track on dijstras and the early/finish times...

Opened first time for me
Original post by ps3g4m3r
Arrghhh always make silly mistakes on D1 its too particular and its too easy to lose track on dijstras and the early/finish times...

Opened first time for me

could you do me a big favour and copy and paste the definitons in my inbox please :puppyeyes:
Original post by Arsey
Revision thread for the D1 exam.

I will upload the Jan 12 model answers on the day following the examination (Saturday morning!)

In the next few posts I will upload some past papers, mark schemes etc

Do we have to know about hamillton cycles?

Quick Reply

Latest