The Student Room Group

Liverpool John Moors Pharmacy Interview

Hey, well I have an interview here soon so was wondering how it actually is if anyone else had had the interview yet?!

Also if anyone is currently doing the course, how are you finding it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Doctor.
Hey, well I have an interview here soon so was wondering how it actually is if anyone else had had the interview yet?!

Also if anyone is currently doing the course, how are you finding it?

I've got an interview from john moores on 15th April:cool: I'm really not sure what to expect either:redface: But I'm just reading posts in the pharmacy threads of people who've had interviews. I think the questions would be similarr
Reply 2
Original post by nmudz_009
I've got an interview from john moores on 15th April:cool: I'm really not sure what to expect either:redface: But I'm just reading posts in the pharmacy threads of people who've had interviews. I think the questions would be similarr

Oh right what did they say? How about this aptitude test? :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by Doctor.
Oh right what did they say? How about this aptitude test? :s-smilie:

Hopefully they'll be similar lol

Going from what I've heard from other people- its not like a main stream standardised test like UKCAT is for medicine- so you cant do special preparation for it. The only thing I'm sure of at this stage is that its not as hard :P :P I can't find much info about any standardised that you have to sit for entrance into pharmacy on the internet either :s-smilie: PM if you find anything :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by nmudz_009
Hopefully they'll be similar lol

Going from what I've heard from other people- its not like a main stream standardised test like UKCAT is for medicine- so you cant do special preparation for it. The only thing I'm sure of at this stage is that its not as hard :P :P I can't find much info about any standardised that you have to sit for entrance into pharmacy on the internet either :s-smilie: PM if you find anything :tongue:
Thanks and that's what I was thinking. I couldn't find anything about it!

Don't really understand the point of it honestly. Interview sure, but a test....
Reply 5
Original post by Doctor.
Thanks and that's what I was thinking. I couldn't find anything about it!

Don't really understand the point of it honestly. Interview sure, but a test....

Maybe its part of interview, like they give u a scenario and u state what you wud do or something but im not worrying to much about it.
Reply 6
The test is part of the interview process and you will do it on the day of the interview. You won't be able to use a calculator so it will test your raw understanding of calculations. The questions are written in a way that they test your thought process and make sure you read questions properly. All the necessary skills of a pharmacist. Overall, it's pretty much a test of common sense.

A simple search of the LJMU website will provide you with this link: http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/PBS/101378.htm

Tells you why they do it, and some information about it.

The interview itself is also undertaken in a different way than other universities. The last I heard is they're still doing group interviews with various questions.
Reply 7
Original post by TigerSwift
The test is part of the interview process and you will do it on the day of the interview. You won't be able to use a calculator so it will test your raw understanding of calculations. The questions are written in a way that they test your thought process and make sure you read questions properly. All the necessary skills of a pharmacist. Overall, it's pretty much a test of common sense.

A simple search of the LJMU website will provide you with this link: http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/PBS/101378.htm

Tells you why they do it, and some information about it.

The interview itself is also undertaken in a different way than other universities. The last I heard is they're still doing group interviews with various questions.

I've already seen that information, I was wondering on any additional information....
Reply 8
You don't need any - otherwise it wouldn't be a test :tongue:

The information on that page should be enough to give you an idea of what goes on. There is nothing taxing or complicated about the paper and that is why the information on there is so brief. Also, giving you less information tests how you are able to deal with the unknown and tackle a problem without much prior knowledge.

Try not to worry about it and focus on your interview answers and questions.
Reply 9
You don't need any - otherwise it wouldn't be a test :tongue:

The information on that page should be enough to give you an idea of what goes on. There is nothing taxing or complicated about the paper and that is why the information on there is so brief. Also, giving you less information tests how you are able to deal with the unknown and tackle a problem without much prior knowledge.

Try not to worry about it and focus on your interview answers and questions.

For me, Tests=REVISEEEEE even for the UKCAT I revised a ton lol. i'm pretty good interview wise, (i think) just this stupid test which nowhere else does...has got me a little worried :angry:

anyway thannks for the link :h:
Don't UCLan and Brighton do aptitude tests?
Reply 11
Don't UCLan and Brighton do aptitude tests?

Didn't think so, I didn't even know there was any form of aptitude test for Pharmacy lol.
Reply 12
I had an interview. It was awful
Reply 13
Original post by popnit
I had an interview. It was awful

Whhha, what did they ask? :s-smilie:!!!

I got my offer yesterday. The person at the interview thingy said it will come in 2 days...but I got mine next day so keep your eyes on the emails tomorrow!
Reply 14
You won't be able to use a calculator so it will test your raw understanding of calculations.

you can use calculators, i used one at mine
Reply 15
Original post by aya1
you can use calculators, i used one at mine

Same, how did you all find it? :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Doctor.

Original post by Doctor.
Whhha, what did they ask? :s-smilie:!!!

I got my offer yesterday. The person at the interview thingy said it will come in 2 days...but I got mine next day so keep your eyes on the emails tomorrow!

The questions were fine but the arrangement wasn't. They had about 7 of us in a room and they asked the same qs to each of us. I really wish it was just a single one-to-one interview! I got an offer though, so I'm happy :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by popnit
The questions were fine but the arrangement wasn't. They had about 7 of us in a room and they asked the same qs to each of us. I really wish it was just a single one-to-one interview! I got an offer though, so I'm happy :smile:

Aw thats great news :smile:. I liked the group interview, till thwy asked me a question first lol :rolleyes:. Other than that I thought It was alright :smile:. I kinda want to go there now :love:. But yeah I am glad you got the offer In the end!! :rofl: knew you would :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Doctor.
Aw thats great news :smile:. I liked the group interview, till thwy asked me a question first lol :rolleyes:. Other than that I thought It was alright :smile:. I kinda want to go there now :love:. But yeah I am glad you got the offer In the end!! :rofl: knew you would :smile:

Hi i have got a interview tommorw but me being the stupid person i am deleted the email with all the detail. Could you please tell me what equipment you need and where you go and also what the dress code is thank you.
Reply 19
Original post by y4mln
-

- You will need to bring your own pencil, calculator, rubber and black pen. The University will not provide you with these materials on the day

- You will not be permitted to use the calculator on your mobile phone

- Mobile phones must be switched off in the test room

- Section one of the aptitude test assesses applicants’ ability to effectively communicate in written English. This section must be completed in black pen

- Applicants’ ability to communicate effectively in written English will include an assessment based on criteria of legibility, spelling and grammar

- You must complete all personal details on test papers when instructed to do so. The required information will include your UCAS number. You will be permitted to bring this into the test room on a plain piece of paper containing no other writing or drawings

- You will have 50 minutes to complete the aptitude test

- The interview will last about 30 minutes

Quick Reply

Latest