The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

How can people think homosexuality is a choice?

Scroll to see replies

I hate to belittle your efforts, guys, but DYKWIA is so clearly a troll. At least his posts and comebacks are so incredibly stupid that they're so incredibly amusing as well haha! :wink:
Reply 901
Original post by Wickersham
I hate to belittle your efforts, guys, but DYKWIA is so clearly a troll. At least his posts and comebacks are so incredibly stupid that they're so incredibly amusing as well haha! :wink:

I'm glad i amuse you, but this is a serious issue for me which affects my life and the values and morals of country I live in.
Reply 902
Original post by DYKWIA
I'm glad i amuse you, but this is a serious issue for me which affects my life and the values and morals of country I live in.

Except that it doesn't affect your life. And the values of your country are built around the idea of liberty and equality for all.
Original post by DYKWIA

Sorry, I wasn't aware that the values and morals of the USA included hate, intolerance and discrimination.
You're so awesome. :awesome:
You post unbiased research!
Reply 905
http://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?v=35&c=nl&l=en

omg - HIV rates have skyrocketed since 2001, with the number of people living with HIV in the netherlands going from 15K to 22K! Hmm, kinda goes against what you were saying, lol. Also, the number of HIV deaths have gone up since 2001.

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?v=35&c=uk&l=en

In the UK, civil marriage was legalized in 2004, when there were 34K people with HIV. Now there are over 85000!

DYWKIA want's to claim legalizing same sex marriage will lead to population decline! BUT WAIT!

Oh, so gay marriage doesn't lead to population decline. In fact, all of countries which have legalized gay marriage have had population increases

Remind me DYKWIA... Where's your 'evidence' and your 'facts'? :confused:

We haven't seen the full effects yet. It will take a few decades for the kids who were raised with legalized gay marriage to grow up thinking homosexuality is better than heterosexuality. I don't know how to say this without sounding homophobic, but I feel homosexuality shouldn't be taught to kids like it is equal to heterosexuality. I feel it is lying to the children if you do that. Heterosexuality should be encourage, but other sexualities should be tolerated and accepted.
Why is anyone still bothering to respond to DYKWIA?
Reply 907
Original post by XxelliexX
Why is anyone still bothering to respond to DYKWIA?

Because it is hypocritical of them to accuse me of ignoring posts to go and do the exact same thing, and because I have legitimate arguments.

What is your signature about? If you have issues with moderation, I think you should contact a mod. I feel that they are too harsh towards those who have differing opinions on homosexuality. Perhaps we cancel each other out and actually they mod just fine...
Original post by DYKWIA
http://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?v=35&c=nl&l=en

omg - HIV rates have skyrocketed since 2001, with the number of people living with HIV in the netherlands going from 15K to 22K! Hmm, kinda goes against what you were saying, lol. Also, the number of HIV deaths have gone up since 2001.

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?v=35&c=uk&l=en

In the UK, civil marriage was legalized in 2004, when there were 34K people with HIV. Now there are over 85000!

Do you know the difference between correlation and causation?

We haven't seen the full effects yet. It will take a few decades for the kids who were raised with legalized gay marriage to grow up thinking homosexuality is better than heterosexuality. I don't know how to say this without sounding homophobic, but I feel homosexuality shouldn't be taught to kids like it is equal to heterosexuality. I feel it is lying to the children if you do that. Heterosexuality should be encourage, but other sexualities should be tolerated and accepted.

I was always taught that heterosexuality should be encouraged, and that homosexuality is sinful and wrong. Do you know where that got me? :smile: In hospital.

Your views are incredibly homophobic and cruel.
(edited 12 years ago)
When this dumb prick says homosexuality is a choice, he means that they choose to not hide it from the world, because to him if he can't see it on the outside then it doesn't exist. What a dickhead.
Reply 910
In many countries the prevailing rate of HIV infection has been going down:

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?v=32&c=td&l=en

So actually, if you were to normalize the statistics, you would find that HIV rates would have gone up if all other factors had remained constant, except for gay marriage.

(1) No one has ever said that homosexuality is better that heterosexuality. And you can't 'encourage' people to be straight or gay. We've been over this many times. Do I need to link you to the APA?

Maybe not like 'you're gonna be gay tomorrow son, ok?', but it is very possible that small factors could over time lead to an INFLUENCE of sexuality.

(2) But... There's no reason that homosexuality is inferior to heterosexuality, so your opinion is clearly wrong.

If the world was entirely homosexual, the human race would be in deep trouble. Heterosexuality is 'better' - I'm not saying we as people are, but the sexual acts and lovemaking in heterosexual activities are.
Original post by DYKWIA
Because it is hypocritical of them to accuse me of ignoring posts to go and do the exact same thing, and because I have legitimate arguments.

What is your signature about? If you have issues with moderation, I think you should contact a mod. I feel that they are too harsh towards those who have differing opinions on homosexuality. Perhaps we cancel each other out and actually they mod just fine...

Legitimate arguments? Pfft.
I have contacted a mod. It's not about you.

Oh, and honey, you never explained why you 'really dislike' me... I would really like to know! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 912
I was always taught that heterosexuality should be encouraged, and that homosexuality is sinful and wrong. Do you know where that got me? :smile: In hospital.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened?
Reply 913
This guy obviously won't change his mind, no matter how stupid his beliefs are. I suggest we ignore him. Trolls die out when they have nothing to feed on.
Imagine if you lived in a society where gay people were discriminated against, where their civil rights were withheld from them and where many people harboured a lot of hate and intolerant attitudes towards them. And then, you realized you were gay.

If you were in the same situation as any gay person, no matter where they lived in the world, be it in the Middle East, Africa, the Netherlands, wherever, you definitely would not be saying the things you are now. Try and at least be a little bit empathetic and understand the LGBT plight.
Reply 915
Imagine if you lived in a society where gay people were discriminated against, where their civil rights were withheld from them and where many people harboured a lot of hate and intolerant attitudes towards them. And then, you realized you were gay.

If you were in the same situation as any gay person, no matter where they lived in the world, be it in the Middle East, Africa, the Netherlands, wherever, you definitely would not be saying the things you are now. Try and at least be a little bit empathetic and understand the LGBT plight.

I have no quarrel with homosexuals in your country. it is the homosexuals in developed countries who are trying to get retribution for the past. I believe in gay rights, but I have limits and gay marriage is that limit.

I was using that country as an example of a baseline, so you can see that gay marriage has prevented HIV infection rates from declining. Let's also not forget that in the USA, HIV infection rates amongst gays are on the rise, partially because of the legalization of gay marriage in places like NY.

Then why do children of hard-core republican, right, anti-homosexual families turn out gay? I'd rather not get into my personal story here, but trying to influence sexuality by parents can lead to absolutely horrific mental health problems.

No parent has complete control of sexuality. It is a variety of factors that determine it. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try to make a kid straight, it doesn't work.

Does your animosity towards me stem from some dislike of the way your family treated you when they found out you were gay?

Heterosexuality produces babies; and that's it. It isn't long-off until two lesbian women can have children. So... When homosexuals can have babies, your argument on this front is also void.

Again, not nearly as easily as straight people. Heterosexuality is what propagates our species.
Reply 916
Original post by Miracle Day
I just had a heated argument with some guy, and my frustration is what angered me to write this. He told me, for accepting gays and being cool with them, and treating them as I would anyone else I'm not a proper Christian - infact probably not one at all - because the Bible condemns them. He says we should all use Jesus as a model human.

I tell him about Lady Gaga born this way and he was adamant people aren't born gay, but they're brought up fooled.

I then ask how homosexuality can be a choice, when homophobic areas have higher suicide rates and by his logic surely they could just change back to being straight if it was a choice. He then says he wishes more homosexuals would commit suicide, and that homosexuals don't think they can turn straight.

So I tell him, Jesus tells us to love all.. so saying that is going against Christianity etc. Then he quotes Sodomy and Gamora.

He's obviously not just a closed minded pre-teen.. he knows his stuff. I just can't comprehend how people can believe it.

If any of you believe it's a choice.. help me out and tell me why please.

Edit: I'm just so angry right now.. sorry.. someone restore my faith in humanity

Personally, homosexuality seems to be a trait that is influenced by a person's environment (like a person's personality), not something that is hard-wired into a person.

Latest