The Student Room Group

GCSE Higher Calc March 2012 - Paper and model answers in first post

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Majka12
I got around 130-140 marks on both papers? Do you think I have a chance of getting an A?

It will definetely be a stable A
Reply 41
Original post by Vorsah
In total I think I got 160-165.
Do you think that is enough for an A*?

No, it will most likely be a high A. Almost defnetely not an A*
Reply 42
On non calc paper I counted 81 marks minimum but 87 marks maximum

On calc paper I counted 85-90 marks

Have I done enough for an A*?
Reply 43
Original post by mazam
On non calc paper I counted 81 marks minimum but 87 marks maximum

On calc paper I counted 85-90 marks

Have I done enough for an A*?

Using our min marks. Then it will be an A. However if u can get the extra 7 marks then its an A*
Reply 44
On Question 23, if you included working out which includes some of the equations in the model answer working out, then how much credit would you get for it?
Reply 45
that wass the most hardest paper i got an a in the last paper but i think i got the same as this paper was so much harder
Reply 46
Original post by ata12
On Question 23, if you included working out which includes some of the equations in the model answer working out, then how much credit would you get for it?

1/2 marks max
I think I got 84 minimum for the calculator and 87 for the non calculator, would that be a high A or A*?
would 89 on the non calc and 97 on the calc be enough for an A*?
Reply 49
Original post by science-oliver

Definetely
Reply 50
Original post by AaronHeth95
I think I got 84 minimum for the calculator and 87 for the non calculator, would that be a high A or A*?

Just an A* if ur lucky
Reply 51
thnx i gt 72 on non clac and 82 on calc would that be a*
[QUOTE="kish667;36642440"]thnx i gt 72 on non clac and 82 on calc would that be a*[/QUOTE

That would be an A
On question 16d the answer on the model answers were 8 but I got 9, I should still get the mark right?
Reply 54
Why are you keep asking if your marks is good enough for a certain grade. No one knows and no one can predict it because this exam is weird. Just wait till they release the boundaries.
Reply 55
Original post by Manunited_96
Would 79 in non calculator and 94 in calculator paper be enough for an A*

that should be enough
Original post by xXxDHxXx
Using our min marks. Then it will be an A. However if u can get the extra 7 marks then its an A*

What do you mean by "using our min marks" what minimum marks?
Reply 57
Original post by Simpliey
Why are you keep asking if your marks is good enough for a certain grade. No one knows and no one can predict it because this exam is weird. Just wait till they release the boundaries.

When do they release grade boundaries?
Reply 58
Original post by science-oliver

Honestly, you're a moron, you claim to have gotten those high marks which is 93% yet you are not sure whether it's an A*? You're either really stupid or simply lying about what you got seeing as it was 80% for an A* in the November series.
Reply 59
Original post by `God
Honestly, you're a moron, you claim to have gotten those high marks which is 93% yet you are not sure whether it's an A*? You're either really stupid or simply lying about what you got seeing as it was 80% for an A* in the November series.

Chill, or maybe he just wanna boast. Everyone boast SOMETIME in the exams.
You do good, you boast, you do bad you complain about people boasting :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest