The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham accommodation

Hi I currently hold an offer for Biochemistry at Nottingham uni and just had a look at the choice of accommodation at the university park campus.

It seems that there is loads of Catered accommodation choices near were my course will be based but I want to live in self catered accommodation.

My course would be based in the medical school and biomedical buildings in University park campus.

Any advice on the matter would be appreciated. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by ps_nick
Hi I currently hold an offer for Biochemistry at Nottingham uni and just had a look at the choice of accommodation at the university park campus.

It seems that there is loads of Catered accommodation choices near were my course will be based but I want to live in self catered accommodation.

My course would be based in the medical school and biomedical buildings in University park campus.

Any advice on the matter would be appreciated. :smile:

All the accommodation on UP is catered, the closest self catered accommodation to UP is Broadgate Park it's just outside the west gate :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ggurl3
All the accommodation on UP is catered, the closest self catered accommodation to UP is Broadgate Park it's just outside the west gate :smile:

would you say it was easy to walk pretty quickly from there? :smile:

thanks for the reply
Reply 3
Original post by ps_nick
would you say it was easy to walk pretty quickly from there? :smile:

thanks for the reply

sorry I have noooo idea about that :P I haven't started at notts yet, this is just stuff I read :tongue:
Reply 4
its a very quick walk to one side but like a 10-15 minute walk to the other side of campus (campus is HUGE). but as your course will be all over the place its gonna be like that even if youre in catered
the distance between broad gate and florance boot (catered on campus) is like a three minute walk
Reply 5
I think if you're looking for self catered you should look at Broadgate Park and Opal (and the surrounding sites near Opal). Broadgate Park is just west of the campus, close to Beeston, but it's direct opposite to QMC (your department). Don't quote me on this but Opal might actually be closer, it's North of the Jubilee campus and from experience takes you around 15-20 minutes to walk. Not tried from Broadgate Park to QMC area but it's likely around the same.

I would say Broadgate Park is in a nicer location, Opal feels slightly dingy to me but the rooms in Opal are better than Broadgate Park I feel but I've only seen an ensuite and a shared bathroom room in Broadgate but a studio in Opal. It's also nicer to walk across the campus to get back home rather than walking along Derby and Triumph Road.

The 36 bus goes from Broadgate to QMC, the hoppers might get you close as well. I think the Opal area have buses to University Park but I don't think they run 7 days a week.

Hope this helps :smile:
I'm going to be at the QMC regularly too next year. Have you ever considered St. peters court or Raleigh park ?
Reply 7
I have firmed my offer at The University of Nottingham, where do I find the application form for accommodation?
Reply 8
Original post by Philraw123
I have firmed my offer at The University of Nottingham, where do I find the application form for accommodation?

Use this link for more info :smile:

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/undergraduates/howtoapply.aspx
Reply 9
Original post by GambleByName
I'm going to be at the QMC regularly too next year. Have you ever considered St. peters court or Raleigh park ?

Yes I have considered them and tbh there isn't alot in it, however it seems that Broadgate is the best option for my personal situation :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest