University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool 2012 Applicants!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by harrosop
Hi :smile:

GCSE: 9A* 1A
AS: 4A (Eng Lit, French, History, Latin)
A2 predictions: 3A*
Course: Classics
Why: Good course, love the city and have family there, really liked the department on open day
Choices: Oxford, Durham, Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds

Got an email from Liverpool to say they'd received my application this morning, now anxious to hear from the others!

:eek: OOO...you should get unconditional from all of them:tongue:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
I went through the whole thread and there was a single Economics applicant, which seemed pretty confused herself. I am really worried that the people who applied for the same course as me are mostly local and I might not fit in :frown: apparently they only have around 700 EU (I fit in that category) out of more than 10000 undergraduates.. Do you guys think I will be able to fit in if I end up choosing Liverpool? I am a socialite but I am most definetely applying for on campus accommodation and from what I've heard the off campus is where the magic happens
Edit: I didn't mean for the last part to sound like that
Reply 342
Original post by franchesskah
I went through the whole thread and there was a single Economics applicant, which seemed pretty confused herself. I am really worried that the people who applied for the same course as me are mostly local and I might not fit in :frown: apparently they only have around 700 EU (I fit in that category) out of more than 10000 undergraduates.. Do you guys think I will be able to fit in if I end up choosing Liverpool? I am a socialite but I am most definetely applying for on campus accommodation and from what I've heard the off campus is where the magic happens
Edit: I didn't mean for the last part to sound like that

Helloo :smile: dont worry about it, youll be fine! there will be plenty of people who wont even know about this site so you never know who will be on your course :smile: youll still get along with everyone in yr classes and in your accommodation too :smile: its up to you as to whether you want to live on campus or off - they both have their pros and cons xx
Reply 343
Hey I just got my offer recently for medicine, has anyone heard anything from the uni on how to apply for accomodation??
Reply 344
Original post by fshred
Hey I just got my offer recently for medicine, has anyone heard anything from the uni on how to apply for accomodation??

they will start to send out emails next month x
Reply 345
Original post by zoeclarex
they will start to send out emails next month x

Oh okay thanks for letting me know :smile:
Original post by fshred

Congratsss !!!
Reply 347
Original post by UnknownPerson
Congratsss !!!

Thank you :smile: What course are you thinking of doing at liverpool?
Reply 348
Original post by alexmason14
I'm personally applying for the new vine court and prospect point because I prefer the interior.

Vine Court looks lush! :smile: But think i'm gunna opt off campus - and re-thinking to going catered (crap at cooking doesn't even begin to describe how bad I am!!)..

Carnatic halls (from the website) looks quite prison-like, but decent, dale hall .. no shower (whaaaa??:angry:)..

then again the uni in my home-town have people sharing rooms, so don't think I can complain!! :colone:

I went through the whole thread and there was a single Economics applicant

I'm gunna be studying Music, haven't seen a music applicant either.. :eek:

Mum's loving the fact that everyone here seems to be doing something really academic (if that's the right word..probably not).. Medicine, History, Engineering, Diagnostic Radiography (tbh I don't know what that even means.. someone explain plzz).

"You're going to have to start reading newspapers.. or watch the news, people tend to think music students are weird" - thanks mum :biggrin:

Oh, and congrats to everyone on their offers!!, i'm lucky enough to already have my results.. remembering back to the stress of exams .. GOOD LUCK EVEYONE

sorry about the extra long post
It's ok, I don't mind reading long posts, TSR has become my most visited website i think, trying to meet people as I am going all by myself to uni ..
I have never really considered catered accommodation, eating at certain hours everyday is definitely not something i use to do (bad habit, i know). I only know how to cook basic stuff, I was hoping I could find a nice place with decent food around campus to have lunch there at least..
I am so not ready to be living on my own, oh Lord
Reply 350
It's ok, I don't mind reading long posts, TSR has become my most visited website i think, trying to meet people as I am going all by myself to uni ..
I have never really considered catered accommodation, eating at certain hours everyday is definitely not something i use to do (bad habit, i know). I only know how to cook basic stuff, I was hoping I could find a nice place with decent food around campus to have lunch there at least..
I am so not ready to be living on my own, oh Lord

haaha, nor me, i don't even know how to turn on the washing machine .. oh crap!.. I eat at really random times usualy but I'm guessing i'll get used to eating at a certain time .. and as for my cooking skills ... I know how to boil a kettle :redface: .. so I can make pot noodle, pasta (not rice, tried that once.. fail) and a decent cup of coffee hahaha :cool: so I think catered is my best option for first year ..

getting excited now! .. perfecting my scouse accent (jokes, jokes ..)
Original post by flowE
haaha, nor me, i don't even know how to turn on the washing machine .. oh crap!.. I eat at really random times usualy but I'm guessing i'll get used to eating at a certain time .. and as for my cooking skills ... I know how to boil a kettle :redface: .. so I can make pot noodle, pasta (not rice, tried that once.. fail) and a decent cup of coffee hahaha :cool: so I think catered is my best option for first year ..

getting excited now! .. perfecting my scouse accent (jokes, jokes ..)

Where are you from? I bet it is going to take me a while to get used to the accent. Although I have been taught British English in school, movies, songs etc. have managed to somehow trump that, so my accent is so terribly American
Reply 352
Where are you from? I bet it is going to take me a while to get used to the accent. Although I have been taught British English in school, movies, songs etc. have managed to somehow trump that, so my accent is so terribly American

hahaha! class! - don't worry, I don't really understand the scouse accent - but I'm from west wales, only about a 4 hour drive to liverpool, but I still have a heavy welsh accent (truly the most awful accent ever) .. so I doubt any of them will understand me either! :s-smilie::cool:
Original post by fshred
Thank you :smile: What course are you thinking of doing at liverpool?

I've firmed Uni of Liverpool for; Electrical Engineering MEng
Reply 354
Original post by UnknownPerson
I've firmed Uni of Liverpool for; Electrical Engineering MEng

Congratulations, sounds like a really interesting course :smile:
Reply 355
Original post by flowE
Vine Court looks lush! :smile: But think i'm gunna opt off campus - and re-thinking to going catered (crap at cooking doesn't even begin to describe how bad I am!!)..

Carnatic halls (from the website) looks quite prison-like, but decent, dale hall .. no shower (whaaaa??:angry:)..

then again the uni in my home-town have people sharing rooms, so don't think I can complain!! :colone:

I'm gunna be studying Music, haven't seen a music applicant either.. :eek:

Mum's loving the fact that everyone here seems to be doing something really academic (if that's the right word..probably not).. Medicine, History, Engineering, Diagnostic Radiography (tbh I don't know what that even means.. someone explain plzz).

"You're going to have to start reading newspapers.. or watch the news, people tend to think music students are weird" - thanks mum :biggrin:

Oh, and congrats to everyone on their offers!!, i'm lucky enough to already have my results.. remembering back to the stress of exams .. GOOD LUCK EVEYONE

sorry about the extra long post

Heyy :smile: from the accommodation visit day i went to.. carnatic does look like prisons in real life hahah :eek: i only visited the sailsbury (however its spelt) hall.. it was alright, the bedrooms were decent sizes and they had showers haha :smile: the dinnerhall looks good as well for if youre going to be going for the catered option! Personally i think i'm gonna go for derby&rathbone :h: i loved the grounds it was in and the buildings were nice!

I dont think music students are weird haha! :^_^: the course you do is the course you want to do and will enjoy! diagnostic radiography according to 'prospects.ac.uk' says "Diagnostic radiographers use x-rays, ultrasound and other forms of imaging technology to examine patients. They are responsible for interpreting the images and diagnosing illnesses and injuries." haha :proud:

I'm so glad i also have my results too :') hated the wait! x
Original post by flowE
hahaha! class! - don't worry, I don't really understand the scouse accent - but I'm from west wales, only about a 4 hour drive to liverpool, but I still have a heavy welsh accent (truly the most awful accent ever) .. so I doubt any of them will understand me either! :s-smilie::cool:

Least English is your native language! Blah I should be more confident, I will get used to the British accent in no time! It's English, not Chinese
Least English is your native language! Blah I should be more confident, I will get used to the British accent in no time! It's English, not Chinese

Their accent isnt that bad
Reply 358
I proper regret not applying to liverpool. :/
Original post by fshred
Congratulations, sounds like a really interesting course :smile:

Yeh soo far ive enjoyed the Electricity bit in physics so yeh it should be interesting .. what are you going to be studying at uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending