The Student Room Group

Modern Warfare 3 society

Scroll to see replies

I got my first MOAB last night. Always thought it would be on Village as that's my best map but it was on Resistance, wasn't really camping/intentionally going for it either :h:
Original post by Tokyoround
I got my first MOAB last night. Always thought it would be on Village as that's my best map but it was on Resistance, wasn't really camping/intentionally going for it either :h:

Game mode? :biggrin:
Original post by NDGAARONDI
Game mode? :biggrin:

Domination, nice and easy to guess their spawns :colone:

Probably the most intense 50 seconds I've had in COD. Just rushing around with my very poor aim and somehow managing to pick up 14 kills in less than a minute. No idea how they didn't kill me. I don't think any of my teammates managed to get any more than 3 kills either in the entire game.
Original post by WhatIsAUsername?

Probably the most intense 50 seconds I've had in COD. Just rushing around with my very poor aim and somehow managing to pick up 14 kills in less than a minute. No idea how they didn't kill me. I don't think any of my teammates managed to get any more than 3 kills either in the entire game.

The 360 no scoper douche should have ended that streak very early on, thankfully for you he was crap.
Original post by Tokyoround
Domination, nice and easy to guess their spawns :colone:

Awesome. All I've heard about Domination is to never triple cap. Will probably play on that game mode more when I finally get extended magazines on the MK14 and two extra custom classes from prestigeing in COD4 and MW2. Might take a while. :biggrin:
Anyone heard about Black Ops 2? Trailers out on the 28th! :biggrin:
Original post by Serena230793
Anyone heard about Black Ops 2? Trailers out on the 28th! :biggrin:

Didn't know about the trailer date so thanks. I'll likely get this at launch since I've found the mechanics of online gameplay for Black Ops favourable to MW3 and I have some MS points to burn for DLC. Hopefully they'll incorporate a lot of the game modes from MW3 to Blops 2. Think I'll have enough shooters after this and CS.
Reply 3108
Apparently they've removed all aim assist for snipers in black Ops 2 :lol:
Reply 3109
If Black Ops 2 is anything like Black Ops, I won't be touching it. Awful, awful game. Only kept it for zombies and bought all 4 map packs for the additional zombie map you were given :facepalm:
Reply 3110
Original post by Deyesy
If Black Ops 2 is anything like Black Ops, I won't be touching it. Awful, awful game. Only kept it for zombies and bought all 4 map packs for the additional zombie map you were given :facepalm:

The hit detection was pretty shambolic on BO - just hope they make the gameplay feel more smoother (something similar to MW2).
Reply 3111
Original post by gunit123
The hit detection was pretty shambolic on BO - just hope they make the gameplay feel more smoother (something similar to MW2).

AND the spawn system was shocking...
Original post by Deyesy
AND the spawn system was shocking...

You obviously haven't played MW3 then...
Reply 3113
Original post by WhatIsAUsername?
You obviously haven't played MW3 then...

It's shocking on MW3 aswell. Which is why I stick to MW2 and CoD4 :tongue:
Original post by gunit123

Unless treyarch messed up the game code pretty spectacularly, I think one of the main sources of lag for BO was theatre mode.

My main reasoning is that in MW3, hit detection and frame-rate is awful with theatre recording on, but turning the recording off makes the game feel almost as smooth as MW2.

So one thing I will look out for in BO2 is an option to turn theatre mode off... or at least an attempt to try and improve hit detection in general.
I'd be interested to see how Black Ops 2 turns out. I actually think that Black Ops did some things well, whereas MW3 did other things much better. Hit detection naturally belongs to MW3, but regarding spawns, I've seen some horrendous spawn killing in MW3, much worse than anything in Black Ops (excepting Nuketown ofc). I'm largely on MW3 these days but I still play Black Ops for CTF (I always loved it on BO, not sure why), Wager Matches and ofc Zombies :tongue:
Anyone on PS3 wanna have a couple of games tonight?
Reply 3117
Original post by mau5
Apparently they've removed all aim assist for snipers in black Ops 2 :lol:

Reply 3118

Vonderhaar stated... “I’d like to sit down with the worlds best drag & quickscopers and those who despise it and find something directly in the middle. Balance. That place in the middle where everyone is equally pissed off''

Treyarch and balance.
Reply 3119
Original post by mau5
Treyarch and balance.

To be fair, Black Ops was fairly balanced...some SMGs were underpowered but the FAMAS was easily countered after the nerf. Balance does make the game boring though as lots of guns just handle the same.

But if snipers have no auto-aim, all is good :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest