The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Try calling up the gym and asking if there is a specific dress code for the pole dancing classes
Reply 2
From what I've seen, you need to use the skin of your arms and legs for grip, so something akin to a swimsuit would work, or what ballerinas wear without the frilly skirt thing. I don't think you can wear trainers, bare feet can grip the pole better.
I'd imagine you'd need some skin to grip the pole.
Reply 4
I'm guessing normal gym attire? T-shirt and shorts should be fine, but just ask the gym organising it or any friends you know who are going
Original post by Hopple
From what I've seen, you need to use the skin of your arms and legs for grip, so something akin to a swimsuit would work, or what ballerinas wear without the frilly skirt thing. I don't think you can wear trainers, bare feet can grip the pole better.

Okay great, thanks for your help!
Original post by itchy and scratchy
Okay great, thanks for your help!

Just warning you, pole threads on here always seem to attract creeps and people who insist that it's like stripping. Like this from a few days ago :

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1971699&highlight=girls+pole

Anyone who wants to argue about pole, please go and do it there since the thread's already ruined.

Anyway, I would suggest a leotard/swimsuit is too much for a first lesson, it's not necessary as a beginner. I just wear a vest top and denim shorts but any top and shorts will be fine. And just bare feet or socks but you can't do some of the moves in socks.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Well, judging from my friend's facebook photos, most people wear average gym clothes. I say most people. My friend is on the pole in a corset and skirt (she wears that sort of thing a lot).
Reply 8
There's a difference between pole dancing at a gym class for fun and fitness, and pole dancing at a club for attention - learn to read and take your narrow minded and immature views elsewhere, fool.

out of all the workouts and activities you could do, poledancing? seriously?
Reply 9
Go in normal sports kit. If you don't need trainers you can just take them off.
Vest top and shorts. Obviously! You're doing it as exercise, so I don't really think you'd need to look like the legit dancers do.
I've just joined a pole dancing class at my gym but I have no idea what to wear. I'm presuming I'd have to wear shorts - would they have to be tight fitted? What do I wear on top, and can I wear trainers? :confused:

big help form the men of TSR!! *thumbs up* lol

i have a few friend that do pole dancing for fitness and they wear short thigh high shorts (quite tight so they dont get in the way) with a tank top or t-shirt :smile: if i were alot less squishy i'd love to do it, the regular gym is soooo boring!!

you should need any footwear, but i'd say call the instrustor as ask what's the best thing to wear :h:

hope this helped x

Latest