The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Firmers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Liam2987
Communication, Media, Culture & Psychology. Hows about yourself?

economics, politics and international relations ! hahaha :smile:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 81
Anyone doing History of Art?
Reply 82
I firmed with Urban Planning.
Just firmed it for Law. :biggrin:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37394380&highlight=

I've created a thread called Oxford Brookes Accommodation 2012.

Thought it might be useful??? :blushing:
Reply 85
Original post by CrazyPerson
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37394380&highlight=

I've created a thread called Oxford Brookes Accommodation 2012.

Thought it might be useful??? :blushing:

Definitely.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 86
i'll be firming PE and Psychology, anyone else doing either of those subjects?

also, anyone know what the class size on average is? and how often are lectures/classes?

:smile:
Reply 87
Original post by amyrew
i'll be firming PE and Psychology, anyone else doing either of those subjects?

also, anyone know what the class size on average is? and how often are lectures/classes?

:smile:

I'm also doing Psychology, combined with Comms, Media & Culture :smile:
CRB, Occi Health and Uniform paperwork all came through this morning!
Original post by ~Justin~
CRB, Occi Health and Uniform paperwork all came through this morning!

Such an awesome avatar!!
Woah where has everybody gone?

Anyway, gonna sound really stupid for asking this, but I'm in a bit of a panic. I was looking at the course content for law and it lists out the contents for year one on its own and then year two and three together. Does that mean that it is a two year course instead? I'm really confused as it doesn't seem to say anywhere that it is a 3 year course.
Original post by Pensivedore
Woah where has everybody gone?

Anyway, gonna sound really stupid for asking this, but I'm in a bit of a panic. I was looking at the course content for law and it lists out the contents for year one on its own and then year two and three together. Does that mean that it is a two year course instead? I'm really confused as it doesn't seem to say anywhere that it is a 3 year course.

No it is a 3 year course. They tend to list year two and three together because of how you can take your modules. You have to take the year 1 modules in year 1. however out of the list of year 2 and 3 you can select which 1's you want to do each year. Its just listing the options of what you can study.
it also is because these will be compulsory choices. So you have to take all the year 1's modules listed as well as 3 others. and then out of years 2 and 3 you will select 8 modules per year.

It will all be explained properly when you arrive.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 92
Hey, OB is my firm choice for Publishing Media/Communications, Media and Culture. I'm really nervous for study the two combined. Really exited to enter the publishing industry though :smile: anyone else on the course???
Reply 93
Original post by Jaketoon93
Hey, OB is my firm choice for Publishing Media/Communications, Media and Culture. I'm really nervous for study the two combined. Really exited to enter the publishing industry though :smile: anyone else on the course???

I've been accepted onto the Communications, Media and Culture course. I'm combining it with Psychology though. :smile:
Reply 94
Original post by Jaketoon93

I'm doing Publishing with business management:smile:
Reply 95
Hey guys! I have also firmed Oxford Brookes and will be studying Accounting and Finance in september - i can't wait for uni life! Tesco ready dinners and cheap booze here i come haha!:smile:

Has everyone applied for their accomodation? I haven't actually seen the halls in real life, so all my opinions are based on the pictures provided by OB website or other students views. However, i still took the plunge and applied to the halls in the following order:
1.Clive Booth Hall
2.Slade Park
3.Westminster
4.Paul Kent
5.Cheney Village
(all ensuite)

whoop whoop!:tongue:
Just firmed my unconditional for Japanese Studies :biggrin:
Reply 97
Original post by moloa005
Hey guys! I have also firmed Oxford Brookes and will be studying Accounting and Finance in september - i can't wait for uni life! Tesco ready dinners and cheap booze here i come haha!:smile:

Has everyone applied for their accomodation? I haven't actually seen the halls in real life, so all my opinions are based on the pictures provided by OB website or other students views. However, i still took the plunge and applied to the halls in the following order:
1.Clive Booth Hall
2.Slade Park
3.Westminster
4.Paul Kent
5.Cheney Village
(all ensuite)

whoop whoop!:tongue:

Hey, yeah I've applied for accommodation. There is a thread on it, just look back on this one and the link should be there. :smile: I'm so excited as well! Had my first experience with tesco value vodka the other day...it was a messy one LOL!
Reply 98
Original post by LKLB93
Hey, yeah I've applied for accommodation. There is a thread on it, just look back on this one and the link should be there. :smile: I'm so excited as well! Had my first experience with tesco value vodka the other day...it was a messy one LOL!

Haha i can only imagine! :wink:

What course will you be doing?
Reply 99
Original post by moloa005
Haha i can only imagine! :wink:

What course will you be doing?

I will be studying Medical Science :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest