The Student Room Group

LJMU Firmed for Pharmacy!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by shayz93
ACAPS... just cause i failed the admissions test by 3 marks which was a load of dumb questions, just wandering if its hard to transfer to pharmacy or if its worth it if anyone can knows?? cause ive got offers from uh dmu and sunderland

This may be a silly question but how did you find out what you scored on the Aptlitude test 'cause I really wanted to know what i got :')
Reply 61
Original post by Chantelle.
This may be a silly question but how did you find out what you scored on the Aptlitude test 'cause I really wanted to know what i got :')

Lol I wanted to know too!! You could probably email them I guess? :tongue:
Reply 62
Why does pharmacy at ljmu start on the first of September, or is that just a mistake? lool
Original post by Ibby222
Why does pharmacy at ljmu start on the first of September, or is that just a mistake? lool

Its just a UCAS thing, your course wont be starting until late Sept.
Reply 64
Original post by Ibby222

The accommodation contract at Atlantic Point start on 8th Sept so I don't think the course will start earlier!
LJMU will send you information later on in the summer about when the course starts.

The 2012/13 academic calendar ( http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/Quality/Quality_Docs/2012-13_Academic_calendar_amended.xlsx ) says week 1 starts on 17th sept so you may have some enrollment stuff to do the week before (w/c 10th) unelss they slide it into your welcome week (week 1).

Again, wait for the information to be sent from JMU :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by dollar
The accommodation contract at Atlantic Point start on 8th Sept so I don't think the course will start earlier!

By the time I apply for accommodation they will run out :angry: I don't know why I keep putting it on hold :tongue: Still need to visit the accommodation! :redface:hdear:
Reply 67
Original post by Doctor.
By the time I apply for accommodation they will run out :angry: I don't know why I keep putting it on hold :tongue: Still need to visit the accommodation! :redface:hdear:

The Liberty Living website says Atlantic Point in Liverpool is already fully booked! Get in there quick!
Reply 68
Original post by dollar
The Liberty Living website says Atlantic Point in Liverpool is already fully booked! Get in there quick!

Oh god, I honestly dont have the time now lol :frown: so much revision to do :frown:
Original post by Doctor.
Oh god, I honestly dont have the time now lol :frown: so much revision to do :frown:

My advice would be to set a few hours aside next week to get your accomodation sorted. You won't be revising every minute of the day between waking and sleeping. You can work on it during revision breaks and also over lunch - don't sit watching TV whilst eating, do emails or sort out your accomodation.

My worry would be that A-levels are later than University exams (especially at LJMU) so you can't wait till you've finished all your exams.
Reply 70
Original post by TigerSwift
My advice would be to set a few hours aside next week to get your accomodation sorted. You won't be revising every minute of the day between waking and sleeping. You can work on it during revision breaks and also over lunch - don't sit watching TV whilst eating, do emails or sort out your accomodation.

My worry would be that A-levels are later than University exams (especially at LJMU) so you can't wait till you've finished all your exams.

Will be getting it sorted today! :smile:

Which would you say I should put as first, second and third choice?

I really wanna be as close to where Pharmacy class is taught! (And if possible 'usual' accommodation that new pharmacy students go for? )

Thank you so much :h:

(Victoria Halls is all booked up BTW :frown: )
Original post by Doctor.
Will be getting it sorted today! :smile:

Which would you say I should put as first, second and third choice?

I really wanna be as close to where Pharmacy class is taught! (And if possible 'usual' accommodation that new pharmacy students go for? )

Thank you so much :h:

(Victoria Halls is all booked up BTW :frown: )

Atlantic point, victoria halls and marybone 2 are your closest options, most new pharmacy students seem to be in Atlantic point. If you like the look of a place, apply there, because they get a *lot* of drop outs after results are announce and will happily give you a room if you have the money!

Good luck with A-Levels
Reply 72
Original post by Chilledice
Atlantic point, victoria halls and marybone 2 are your closest options, most new pharmacy students seem to be in Atlantic point. If you like the look of a place, apply there, because they get a *lot* of drop outs after results are announce and will happily give you a room if you have the money!

Good luck with A-Levels

Ah thank you so much, you're a current LJMU Pharmacy student right? :smile:

Look forward to meeting you :colone:

(Firmed and grades achieved :ninja:)
Original post by Doctor.
Ah thank you so much, you're a current LJMU Pharmacy student right? :smile:

Look forward to meeting you :colone:

(Firmed and grades achieved :ninja:)

I am! I've just finished my first year exams, so assuming I've passed I'll be seeing you next year. Are you excited? Do you have any plans for what you want to do societies-wise whilst you're here and then what area you'd like to work in post graduation? :smile:
Reply 74
I am! I've just finished my first year exams, so assuming I've passed I'll be seeing you next year. Are you excited? Do you have any plans for what you want to do societies-wise whilst you're here and then what area you'd like to work in post graduation? :smile:

I don't know I should be excited, but I feel a little cautious and scared :lol:

1) Maybe it's too hard a course :frown:

2) Everyone keeps going on about how hard it actually is :angry:

3) It's a HUGE step up from alevels so I have heard :s-smilie:

Other than that, yeah I am pretty excited :biggrin:.

Not even thought about societies, I do a lot of competitive swimming so will have a look at that :tongue:

Post Grad, not a clue! Either hospital pharmacy or go do a Medicine degree (if I am still up for the challenge)

How did you find your exams btw? :h:
Original post by Doctor.
I don't know I should be excited, but I feel a little cautious and scared :lol:

1) Maybe it's too hard a course :frown:

2) Everyone keeps going on about how hard it actually is :angry:

3) It's a HUGE step up from alevels so I have heard :s-smilie:

Other than that, yeah I am pretty excited :biggrin:.

Not even thought about societies, I do a lot of competitive swimming so will have a look at that :tongue:

Post Grad, not a clue! Either hospital pharmacy or go do a Medicine degree (if I am still up for the challenge)

How did you find your exams btw? :h:

I think we all have the same worries before we do anything academic, "will I be good enough" is a scary question!

But.. If you've got the grades to get in, have passed the entrance exams and are still motivated to work then you'll do great!

My exams went pretty good. I killed a patient in my first dispensing exam so I had my resit last Wednesday, this time I'm fairly sure no pt's died, yay! You'd want to do another four years of medicine after four years of pharmacy?

I was in a similar situation to you, applied to med school, didn't get in and then decided to try something else! I like pharmacy a lot more than I like (what I've seen of) medicine and am going to be much happier working a pill-slinger than a person-poker :smile:
Reply 76
I think we all have the same worries before we do anything academic, "will I be good enough" is a scary question!

But.. If you've got the grades to get in, have passed the entrance exams and are still motivated to work then you'll do great!

My exams went pretty good. I killed a patient in my first dispensing exam so I had my resit last Wednesday, this time I'm fairly sure no pt's died, yay! You'd want to do another four years of medicine after four years of pharmacy?

I was in a similar situation to you, applied to med school, didn't get in and then decided to try something else! I like pharmacy a lot more than I like (what I've seen of) medicine and am going to be much happier working a pill-slinger than a person-poker :smile:

I've heard that even if you resit exams for pharmacy the first mark you obtained will be the one that actually goes towards your actual degree :s-smilie: That is actually pretty scary lol

I am really just going to focus on doing my best in Pharmacy but at the end of the course, if I do feel that I wanna do another degree. I think I will decide then :tongue:

"person-poker" :lol:
Original post by Doctor.
I've heard that even if you resit exams for pharmacy the first mark you obtained will be the one that actually goes towards your actual degree :s-smilie: That is actually pretty scary lol

I am really just going to focus on doing my best in Pharmacy but at the end of the course, if I do feel that I wanna do another degree. I think I will decide then :tongue:

"person-poker" :lol:

Not quite, they just only let you get the minimum pass mark, generally 40-50% depending on the modules!
Reply 78

Oooh I want to know lots more! :biggrin:
Is Liverpool a totally awesome place to live?
Original post by dollar
Oooh I want to know lots more! :biggrin:
Is Liverpool a totally awesome place to live?

Liverpool is an amazing student city. If you want to do something, you can find a way to do it, everything in central is walking distance away and there's tons of great nightlife. Definitely the best student city I've been to out of London, Bristol, Southampton, Manchester and Winchester (the other's I've been in :P)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending