The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

The Official Sussex FIRMERS 2012 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by stripey_polka_dot
Firmed Sussex for Sociology and politics! So excited and nervous! What accommodation are people applying for I need help deciding! :biggrin:

I don't know much about how accommodation is like, but I'll tell you how I chose accommodation. First of all I looked at all residences available, and then decided what i definitely wanted the hall of residence to have. You might prefer en suite facilities or low cost. After seeing pictures of the rooms and getting an overall idea I read what people had to say about the halls on the student room. I ended up choosing swanborough, northfield and Lewis phase two because I really didn't want to share a bathroom, you might have different priorities though :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 101
Original post by TazC
Firmed Sussex for Biomedical Science! Anymore biomed hopefuls?

I firmed Sussex for biomed too :smile:
Just firmed Sussex for English and Film!
Top 3 accomodation are: Northfield, Swanborough, and Brighthelm. :biggrin:

Anyone else firmed English and Film? :smile: So excitedddd- just hoping I get the grades...
Does anyone know how lenient Sussex is with BSc Biology? I'm so worried about not making the grades for my conditional offer.
Reply 104
Original post by alkyone
Hello :smile:

I have firmed Sussex for biomedical science, I hold a conditional offer, AAB.
I have already applied for accommodation, my choices are swanborough, northfield and Lewis court in this order.

Do you know if and when we receive a welcome pack?

And I'm worried about making friends too, I don't know anyone who is going to Sussex :/

Hey! I firmed Sussex for Biochemistry :smile:
I also don't know anyone going and im pretty worried about making friends too but i think a lot of people will be the same, so im sure ull be fine!
Reply 105
Original post by justn1c2
Hey! I firmed Sussex for Biochemistry :smile:
I also don't know anyone going and im pretty worried about making friends too but i think a lot of people will be the same, so im sure ull be fine!

Haha I guess that starting university is the time to get more confident with talking to people. It kind of makes me feel better knowing that many people will be in the same situation as me, not that it's a pleasant feeling to have, it will just make the friend-making process easier :smile:
Reply 106
Original post by stripey_polka_dot
Firmed Sussex for Sociology and politics! So excited and nervous! What accommodation are people applying for I need help deciding! :biggrin:

I firmed psychology, bag of nervs! Haha
Reply 107
I have firmed Sussex to study law :smile: can't wait tbh :smile: now it down to working to get the grades :frown:
Firmed an unconditional offer for Politics and Sociology, so excited!!
Reply 109
Firmed Media Practice a few months back! Anyone else? And also put Northfield down as my top choice for accommodation.
Original post by thefunktopus69
Economics BSc -Still need to do housing thing though!

Economics Bsc ! and firmed :smile: what housing are you thinking?
Firmed Astrophysics! Thinking of staying in Lancaster House/Norwich House/York House/Brighthelm
Firmed Media and Communications, accommodation: Brighthelm then Lewes Court Phase 1.
Reply 113
Firmed Biochemistry :smile:

Accommodation - Northfield, lewis court, Swanborough (will probably be in park house of something like that though)
Reply 114
Firmed Biochemistry :smile:

Accommodation - Northfield, lewis court, Swanborough (will probably be in park house of something like that though)

Same accommodation as you, in different order. I am almost certain you can get a room in northfield, there are more than 900 rooms :tongue:
Firmed Sussex uni for BA Economics (looks like i'll be the only one doing it! haha). Anyone else doing the same?

As for accommodation I've put East Slope first so pretty sure i'll get that. Bring on freshers week!
Reply 116
Original post by alkyone
Same accommodation as you, in different order. I am almost certain you can get a room in northfield, there are more than 900 rooms :tongue:

Which order did you put? Northfield looked the nicest to me by far, shame its so damn expensive.
Reply 117
Which order did you put? Northfield looked the nicest to me by far, shame its so damn expensive.

Northfield is my first choice too :smile: i thought it was the best looking around as well, probably cause its new!
Reply 118

I put swanborough, northfield and Lewes court in that order. And yes en suite rooms are very expensive
Reply 119
Original post by swbp
I'm a BA Geography person! What's your insurance?

woo, my insurance is royal holloway but i want sussex so badly that if i don't get in, considering taking a year out.. what about you? :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest