The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Open Mic/Acoustic nights

So I'm coming to UoE as a MA student in September and I'll be looking for open-mic nights to play at, and maybe some gigs too. I'm a folk singer/songwriter. Can anyone suggest anywhere?

Thanks!
Reply 1
I don't have an answer for you, but ill also be looking for the same thing
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
When you get to hte uni, in freshers week join the music societies and they'll be able to help i'm sure. Some of the pubs in colchester do open mic nights, or they used to when i was there
Reply 3
Original post by Nickify
I don't have an answer for you, but ill also be looking for the same thing

Hey man. What sort of stuff do you play? I've googled it a bit and have found a few potential spots around Colchester.
Reply 4
Original post by Rob19
Hey man. What sort of stuff do you play? I've googled it a bit and have found a few potential spots around Colchester.

Good to know bro. I play mainly the acousticy pop sort of thing. The John Mayer; Maroon 5; James Morrison kind of stuff. what about you man?
Reply 5
Original post by Nickify
Good to know bro. I play mainly the acousticy pop sort of thing. The John Mayer; Maroon 5; James Morrison kind of stuff. what about you man?

Sounds good man, do you do originals too? I just play my own folk music, influenced by anything from Nick Drake to Frank Turner.

Quick Reply