The Student Room Group

Shoplifting...

anyone got any shoplifting stories?

ever done it, if so, what?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When I was five I put a small bag of gold chocolate coins in my pocket when I was in a sweet shop with my mum.

Phew. Feels good to finally get that off my chest. :pierre:
Reply 2
You can't just throw the line out in to the water without revealing your own story first op.
When I was a young troublemaker (I once lied to my parents, I know, I know, it's awful) around the age of 5/6 years old I used to constantly steal chewing gum from the supermarket. I did it for about two months until one day my father found out. He marched me down to the customer service area where he made me apologise profusely.

And then the customer service person manipulated my childhood gullibility and suggested I could be put in prison if I did it again. I haven't stole again since. :colonhash:
Reply 4
Original post by plimsolls
You can't just throw the line out in to the water without revealing your own story first op.

lol, k.

Many 4 packs of lager from local college off licenses. (on my own, but with mates lingering near by)

sennheiser headphones from currys when drunk. (wouldnt have done such a big store if sober, this was on my own)

loads of pokemon cards from toys r us when 11. (me and my mates)

tbh most of my shoplifting stories come from grabbing cans of lager and legging it out of the shop. probably done this about 50 times. lol.
Original post by The Entity
lol, k.

Many 4 packs of lager from local college off licenses. (on my own, but with mates lingering near by)

sennheiser headphones from currys when drunk. (wouldnt have done such a big store if sober, this was on my own)

tbh most of my shoplifting stories come from grabbing cans of lager and legging it out of the shop. probably done this about 50 times. lol.

Wow, your story left me in awe of you and your incredibly exciting and satisfying life.
Reply 6
Ate a grape in Tesco without buying them #badass
lol, k.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png
lol, k.

oooh bad ass ..

I could never steal :lol:
I remember being about 8 or 9 walking out of Wilkos once with a pack of crisps in my hand which weren't paid for and the sirens didn't go off, I just noticed when I got out. My mum was gassed cause we just got a free packet of crisps, she wasn't so pleased when I marched back in and told them that they forgot to scan them and made her cough up the 50p

Gangsta 4 life
Reply 10
Original post by HarveyCanis
When I was a young troublemaker (I once lied to my parents, I know, I know, it's awful) around the age of 5/6 years old I used to constantly steal chewing gum from the supermarket. I did it for about two months until one day my father found out. He marched me down to the customer service area where he made me apologise profusely.

And then the customer service person manipulated my childhood gullibility and suggested I could be put in prison if I did it again. I haven't stole again since. :colonhash:

Loool, exactly this.

I got found out because me and my dad were watching the rugby and I kept going into a different room (where I stashed the gum) and came back chewing :colondollar:
Saw a PC world delivery truck unattended last year. Living only 20 mins away by bus It would look normal for me to leave the area with a box with a tv in it or something.

So I run up to the truck, the driver is near the cab smoking, but the back is left open ??. I dont look at what I grab, just pick up a smallish box that I can run with, sprint off. Manage to get to the tram stop and hop on the tram (it goes in the opposite direction to home but I am not bothered at this point.)

I get off one stop later and realise I have picked up a macbook!! So I get off at the next stop and chuck it in the bin.

This all happened when I was 16 though, If I realised I stole a macbook now I would rather hand myself in than be caught running around with a mac.
[video="youtube;h4kBcm-ls8Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4kBcm-ls8Y[/video]
Original post by J.Star
Loool, exactly this.

I got found out because me and my dad were watching the rugby and I kept going into a different room (where I stashed the gum) and came back chewing :colondollar:

I stole Hubba Bubba, which is justifiable since it's the Zeus equivalent of chewing gum.
Reply 14
lol at people quoting me and saying like im hard, mugs.

someone asked me to say my stories...i started this thread for others views.

mugs.
Reply 15
Original post by ELs123
Saw a PC world delivery truck unattended last year. Living only 20 mins away by bus It would look normal for me to leave the area with a box with a tv in it or something.

So I run up to the truck, the driver is near the cab smoking, but the back is left open ??. I dont look at what I grab, just pick up a smallish box that I can run with, sprint off. Manage to get to the tram stop and hop on the tram (it goes in the opposite direction to home but I am not bothered at this point.)

I get off one stop later and realise I have picked up a macbook!! So I get off at the next stop and chuck it in the bin.

This all happened when I was 16 though, If I realised I stole a macbook now I would rather hand myself in than be caught running around with a mac.

I'm guessing this is a joke and you didn't actually throw a mac in the bin??
Reply 16
Original post by HeyyImRyan
Wow, your story left me in awe of you and your incredibly exciting and satisfying life.

Original post by burgergetsbored
watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Original post by -strawberry-
oooh bad ass ..

I could never steal :lol:

yeah, hilarious.

i was asked.
Reply 17
I stole 3 bottles of cocacola from a cafe before :tongue:
I got one thinking they were included with my meal price but they weren't apparently and because I wasn't caught I went back and got myself another and got my friend one. I did feel really guilty afterwards though! :colondollar:
Reply 18
Original post by Frodo Baggins
[video="youtube;h4kBcm-ls8Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4kBcm-ls8Y[/video]

lol, jokes. haha.
Accidentally walked out of a shop with a badge when I was 5 and walked back in crying about how sorry I was.

The Great Train Robbery pales in comparison.

Quick Reply