The Student Room Group

Training Contracts 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by rainbowsolero
I applied to Linklaters 3 weeks ago now and still haven't heard anything from them. Same applies to Freshfields and some 6 other firms. Anyone else in the same boat, or have people heard back from them either by way of interview invite or PFO?

I've not heard anything from Links either. Got an email from Freshfields today asking for more information on a part of my application form but no mention of interview or anything.
Reply 921
Original post by Dunney77!
Cardiff. Just looked at my Slaughter and May cover letter and noticed a spelling mistake, application in the bin!

You're at Cardiff? Me too!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Dunney77!
Cardiff. Just looked at my Slaughter and May cover letter and noticed a spelling mistake, application in the bin!

Don't worry too much, I got on the vac scheme despite two major typos..!
Original post by Med2Ky
Do you mean they still got a TC despite mispelling 'attention to detail'? Thats brillo!

Be sure to keep me updated how you get on with Sull&Crom- best of luck to you!

Best of luck to you too! I just received my first rejection so at least now it can only get better...
Reply 924
Original post by Mulberries
Best of luck to you too! I just received my first rejection so at least now it can only get better...

Me too :frown: But through to the next round of another!!
Reply 925
Original post by Mulberries

Who is sending out PFO's? Seems like things have been very quiet out there...
Reply 926
I have about 10 on the go and have heard nothing
Original post by dom111
I have about 10 on the go and have heard nothing

Same...its starting to get a little unnerving! Starting to resign myself to hearing nothing until after the deadline
Reply 928
Original post by rainbowsolero
I applied to Linklaters 3 weeks ago now and still haven't heard anything from them. Same applies to Freshfields and some 6 other firms. Anyone else in the same boat, or have people heard back from them either by way of interview invite or PFO?

It took me three weeks to hear form Links after I applied last year--and I applied on the deadline. I wouldn't sweat it.

On another note, re typos: several of my applications had typos. Wasn't a hindrance. Nothing you can do now, anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Original post by Med2Ky
Who is sending out PFO's? Seems like things have been very quiet out there...

Ashurst. Thankfully this wasn't really one of my preferred firms, but annoying nonetheless.
Reply 930
Interview invites from Ashurst and Slaughters
would anyone else cancel an informal work placement at a small law firm in london due to the travel expenses and the olympics fiascoe?
Reply 932
Original post by DavidHiggs
would anyone else cancel an informal work placement at a small law firm in london due to the travel expenses and the olympics fiascoe?

I don't think the opportunity to gain legal work experience should be passed up lightly, and a lot of people will still be travelling to work everyday in London despite the Olympics. As for travel expenses, could you not ask the firm if they would cover them if they are not already paying you?
Thought I should stop lurking and start to contribute!

Probably not new information Addleshaw [Manchester] are currently doing telephone interviews.
Original post by barbie477
I don't think the opportunity to gain legal work experience should be passed up lightly, and a lot of people will still be travelling to work everyday in London despite the Olympics. As for travel expenses, could you not ask the firm if they would cover them if they are not already paying you?

Its an unpaid work placement (1 week), and I doubt they would reimburse my expenses considering its a small family law firm, although I have yet to ask them that.

Do you think I should ask them whetheror not they would reimburse my expenses, bare in mind the total travel expense would approximate £160?
Reply 935
Its an unpaid work placement (1 week), and I doubt they would reimburse my expenses considering its a small family law firm, although I have yet to ask them that.

Do you think I should ask them whetheror not they would reimburse my expenses, bare in mind the total travel expense would approximate £160?

I have no idea whether it would be appropriate to ask them or not since I don't know the firm, and whether they would reasonably expect to cover expenses due to the nature of your placement being informal or their size. You could always ask them if they would make at least some contribution.
Reply 936

Contrary to popular (ie TSR) belief, everyone in London is still going to work to earn a living.
Reply 937
Has anyone heard back from Allen & Overy? I submitted my application on 10 July and have not heard a peep from them since.
Reply 938
Reply 939
Original post by Paine1
Has anyone heard back from Allen & Overy? I submitted my application on 10 July and have not heard a peep from them since.

Not getting a quick PFO from A & O is actually a good sign! it has been the case in the past anyways :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest